The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
RedBird just means that the Elliott project will be continued. All the fantasy talk about SMS, Nkunku or Nunez can end right here. If i had a guess they also will just continue the Inter shared stadium project rather than go big and build and build an own one.

Personally i would prefer Elliott to stay under these circumstances, but it is what it is.
We shall see. I would guess if RedBird has the winning bid Gazidis may keep his job now.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
RedBird bought stake in FSG in 2021. They had no role in making Liverpool what it is right now.

ajeya

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Redbird might be an Elliot plant to increase valuation or hasten deal closure from Investcorp...Atleast I hope that is the case

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
IMPORTANT I Red Bird, an American fund already highly specialized in the world of sports, has overtaken Investcorp to buy Milan. It seems that the structure designed by Investcorp to complete the purchase did not appeal to Elliott at all. [Corriere della Sera]

Should we lowered our expectation again? (For summer target)

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Don't they own a stake in Liverpool? If they want to buy Milan don't they have to sell their stake in Liverpool?

They own 10% of FSG (bought in 2020), who owns Liverpool and some american franchises like the Red Sox. They are only a passive investor though, no operational influence. They have nothing to do with Liverpool's success (nor in reverse with the Red Sox's recent struggles).

Only football club they have control over is Toulouse. Bought in 2020, just barely failed to go back to Ligue 1 last season and now in the second season they reached their goal of promotion. They haven't put a lot of money into Toulouse (transfer surplus of 22m over 2 years) and by all indicators try to succeed by being smart like Elliott, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but closes the door on major signings.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Should we lowered our expectation again? (For summer target)
#BelottiWeCan

who knows whats really happening, the most credible sources near the club are still saying there's nothing changed with Investcorp and that they'll end up being the owners of Milan. Schira is also saying the closing will take place at the end of May so...who knows

• Star
Reactions: brk

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
RedBird just means that the Elliott project will be continued. All the fantasy talk about SMS, Nkunku or Nunez can end right here. If i had a guess they also will just continue the Inter shared stadium project rather than go big and build and build an own one.

Personally i would prefer Elliott to stay under these circumstances, but it is what it is.
Berardi, Belloti, and Dybala here we go

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure SMS, Nkunku and Nunez was media bullshit.
As for stadium it will be a disappointement. I'd rather we have own stadium and bigger than 60k.
But Investcorp don't look so solid with this reported 400m loan. Pretty sure Elliot take it into consideration

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
My guess is : all this RedBird hype is due to English media giving coverage about Liverpool owners buying Milan.

I just hope RedBird is in for a small stake to be minority shareholders.
Or they could turn out to be super good. God knows.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#BelottiWeCan

who knows whats really happening, the most credible sources near the club are still saying there's nothing changed with Investcorp and that they'll end up being the owners of Milan. Schira is also saying the closing will take place at the end of May so...who knows
Came on as a sub last weekend and scored a hat trick lol

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
I'm pretty sure SMS, Nkunku and Nunez was media bullshit.
As for stadium it will be a disappointement. I'd rather we have own stadium and bigger than 60k.
But Investcorp don't look so solid with this reported 400m loan. Pretty sure Elliot take it into consideration

Agreed on Investcorp and that the hype was (probably) a media fantasy. Them struggling to close the deal despite 4-5 weeks of exclusivity is not a good sign.

On the stadium front i prefer a new stadium that belongs just to us and is bigger than 63k, but i'm not going to complain if the current project goes through and we finally can catch-up to a certain degree with our international competition financially. Enough time has been lost, we can't be too picky.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
RedBird bought stake in FSG in 2021. They had no role in making Liverpool what it is right now.

More importantly, they bought the XFL with Dwayne Johnson. Forget Nkunku /Salah. Just imagine the potential synergy between Milan and the Rock.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
RedBird just means that the Elliott project will be continued. All the fantasy talk about SMS, Nkunku or Nunez can end right here. If i had a guess they also will just continue the Inter shared stadium project rather than go big and build an own one.

From what I’ve read, it seems like Investcorp was having trouble stumping up the amount required. One report stated that it would be only 500 m of their own equity and a good chunk of the rest would be leveraged.

There are people on this forum more qualified to speak on these matters than I am. In and of itself the leveraged buy-out isn’t a bad thing I know, but either we get the real deal or we stay American.

Let’s face it: the Mubadala links were tenuous, 1001 Arabic twitter accounts notwithstanding. Continue the project, grow gradually, build something lasting OR get us someone who actually has the resources to spend/negotiate sponsorship deals way above market value while giving the finger to UEFA. One of those 2 is fine by me.

RossoNero83

#RedTurdOut
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Savicevic, Massaro, Simone, Sheva, Kaka and Maldini
It could be worse we could be in inters position. That being said RedBird can get to fuck and when it gets there it can take hard right and then get to fuck some more, until they've reached their destination. We want to be halal and we want a cash and carry party, not some vanilla midget owner with a poxy 5 billion value, that's fucking pocket change to our Arab brothers.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
On the plus side, we are an attractive proposition. There is interest and there will be further down the road.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was 22-23, of course still younger but not like a baby player.
Still man come on, different players peak and develop at different ages

Going by this logic renato should be invalid since he was almost abysmal when he was 19-22, meme player at Swansea but he always had the quality

One thing I’m sure af is we’re getting a better player, who’s more well rounded, higher ceiling and more suitable to our play than Belotti

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On the plus side, we are an attractive proposition. There is interest and there will be further down the road.
Vitiello tweeted yesterday the deal with Investcorp should be completed within days. He's as reliable as it gets for Milan news. Let's see if things do change.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
It could be worse we could be in inters position. That being said RedBird can get to fuck and when it gets there it can take hard right and then get to fuck some more, until they've reached their destination. We want to be halal and we want a cash and carry party, not some vanilla midget owner with a poxy 5 billion value, that's fucking pocket change to our Arab brothers.
imagine having such owners :lol:

Suning Plunges as Troubled Chinese Retailer Posts 2021 Losses of USD6.6 Billion

(Yicai Global) May 6 -- Shares in Suning.com plummeted by the exchange-imposed limit today, the first day of trading this week, after the struggling Chinese retailer reported an almost eight-fold widening of its losses last year from 2019 to CNY44.6 billion (USD6.6 billion).

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Liverpool, soon the signing of the most profitable sponsorship contract ever

The English club collects around 47 million euros a year from the British bank, but the figure could double when the renewal is stipulated, or at the end of next season: the Reds could receive over 90 million, exceeding the amounts received by Real Madrid ( Fly Emirates, 70 million), PSG and Manchester City. Even Barcelona, thanks to the agreement reached with Spotify (57.5 million), will join this restricted circle.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I would add Belotti and Jovic as two more possibilities as well.

According to the rumors Lewandowski might be heading to Barca this summer. If that's the case maybe Milan could look at Depay or Aubameyang.
I chose those players based on their performance this season. They all scored more than 20 goals and provided a good number of assists. Belotti and Jovic haven't but I'd like to believe that their output would improve if they get more regular playing time. I also factored in the age except for CR7 and Lewa who are superstars and an exception to the rule.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Vitiello tweeted yesterday the deal with Investcorp should be completed within days. He's as reliable as it gets for Milan news. Let's see if things do change.

More like a complete collapse within days.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind Auba if Lewa joins Barca, this man’s still got it (that is if our new owners can’t afford Osimhen :))

He only earns like 4.5-5m at Barca

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah, I am not saying that it won’t…more I am ok whichever way this goes as long as there is either a plan that sees us solvent, even profitable or someone filthy rich comes in. I don’t want half-measures.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They did say Investcorp signatures were expected last Friday or Monday

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They did say Investcorp signatures were expected last Friday or Monday
At this point who the hell knows what's going on lol. For all we know a sale to someone is already completed. Elliott isn't going to share news with journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule