The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I do not have the exact numbers but I know right now we are spending around that percentage.

Us being crowned champions, dissolving deadwood financial burdens including Ibra’s will give us around 160-200m to spend but those won’t increase the following year unless we make money from ucl and commercial.

We are getting there to being self sustainable though I still believe this year we will record around 45 in red.
Brk did the math and we’ll only be at around 43%

There’s ample room to spend, FFP limits are far off

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brk did the math and we’ll only be at around 43%

There’s ample room to spend, FFP limits are far off
Even if we pay a bit more for renewals and salaries for the new guys, we won’t breach 50%

I think we don’t have to worry about the squad cost limit at all as long as we keep the same overall player recruitment strategy.

We do need to worry about the 90m loss 3 year window limit. We’ll probably be in violation of it again and possibly next season too. If we break even 2022/23, with the 40m loss this season we still will be counting last season during covid which had a terrible loss. I’m sure FFP will have exemptions for the covid years, and for 23/24 we should be in great shape and definitely way under the 90m loss limit in the 3 year window.

The rest of Serie A? They’re all fucked.

Last edited:

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
how can you manage to be envious of someone beneath you, worse off?
but even better, we're on the up ... i can't say the same for them
Dzeko deal, is something to look at with envy? really?
Giroud cost 1m , scoring rate is very similar...argument can be made that if he had a complete midfield (AM and RW) like dzeko has, he'd score more.

Theo is probably the best LB in the world, just renewed for similar amount.
by the end of the window, other key players (Leao Bennacer....) will renew for around that amount for Leao and probably less for Bennacer.

i may not see what you see...what exactly is to envy there?

I’m not envious at all actually. I didn’t say this at all. I’m far more happy with our team and progress, we have a better project and are in a better financial position. I’m just annoyed that they’re not slumping hard as we did in our own banter era when we struggled financially. I’m annoyed that they’re close to being as competent as when it comes to these things.

I wanted them to slump harder with their finances, but they’re not. It has nothing to do with Milan or how we are doing, but more of my personal prefence to see Inter struggle more and I’m not getting that. Really that’s my point. I’m not envious at all in comparison to Milan.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Looks like leaving Torino…

1653064226326-png.4479

OENCtlU_d.webp

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I’m not envious at all actually. I didn’t say this at all. I’m far more happy with our team and progress, we have a better project and are in a better financial position. I’m just annoyed that they’re not slumping hard as we did in our own banter era when we struggled financially. I’m annoyed that they’re close to being as competent as when it comes to these things.

I wanted them to slump harder with their finances, but they’re not. It has nothing to do with Milan or how we are doing, but more of my personal prefence to see Inter struggle more and I’m not getting that. Really that’s my point. I’m not envious at all in comparison to Milan.
Ok cool.
That’s how the post came across, at least to me.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve got pogba for free, sold him to manutd for 105mil and got him back free :lol:
Was paid by United around 18m euro gross. In 5 years his fee is amortized to 21m. So Paul Pogba was costing United around 39m a year. That's around a third our entire squad cost.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very solid post.

Salaries for incoming players are off.

Based on reports, botman will make around 3.8 including bonuses, Sanches 4.5 and will reach 5.5, origi will make 3.5 and will reach 4.5. Not going to comment on fantasy players but I am sure you are not far off with mahrez or similar calibre player.

As for leao, he will renew with Ibra level (star of the team) salary if we win scudetto.
1653117029937.png

Still only at 46%.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Belotti can join but only as a back up. Giroud can leave. Or Ibra can retire. I prefer the former tbh. Can't have two oldies and Belotti as striker options.

Should be Starting Striker, Belotti, and Ibra as mascot.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve got pogba for free, sold him to manutd for 105mil and got him back free :lol:
Read what manutd fans thinks of him .There will be no Pirlo and Vidal this time.
No prime Chiellini and Barzagli. He will play with Locatelli.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Read what manutd fans thinks of him .There will be no Pirlo and Vidal this time.
No prime Chiellini and Barzagli. He will play with Locatelli.

He is missing 20 games/season for the last three years now.
10 goals contribution this season.
Juve wont get the old Pogba.
Renato > Pogba.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Everyone is focusing on this one sentence and ignoring everything else. The fact that they decided to buy Milan should make the statement completely pointless, but people love drama.
Indeed. The one sentence is scary, but it needs to be taken in context, and one need to take into account that 2 years have passed. Since then, they bought a team in France with the stated philosophy and took it to League 1. It looks to me that now they are buying a very different team, one that clearly does not fit the approach the dude was talking about 2 years ago. You buy a team like Milan (spending well over 1B) and then run as a midtable team (in the 6-11 range), the revenues will drop (no CL), the club value will drop. They are in the business of making money, not losing money, so I seriously doubt that is their plan.

So, what is their plan?

What I heard, which may be relevant:

- Build a group of teams. That may benefit us. For example if Tolouse becomes a feeder club for us, or if RedBird invests in youth programs / facilities. Then again it may hurt us if we become a feeder club for Liverpool. But I do not see how that helps them increase the value of their new asset (Milan), so I am hopeful.

- Building value from players. That was mentioned a couple of times. Not sure what that means, but that does not sound like selling Leao for cheap. Rather, promoting / marketing the image of players (like Leao). If done right, that may help us attract and retain talent.

- Challenges with fans as well as operating successfully outside the US. Emphasis on "partnership". That makes me hopeful they will retain MMM.

- Cash flow positive. That could be a problem, depending on what they intend to do.

- Yankees, not a great success in the last couple of decades. Baseball is different, they did not own the team (if I understand correctly they handle media and promotions), and the Yankees have enough of a fan base that they can make money even if they end up dead last. Different business, different business model.

Bottom line, who knows what will actually happen. But I go back to the fact that if they wanted a mid-table team to run using the "Udinese model", they had plenty of other options, did not need to invest well over 1B. And given they are investing that much money, it is doubtful they plan to lose money by reducing the value of their asset (which will happen for sure if they run us as a midtable team).

Net-net, the fact that they are out to make money will hopefully benefit us as well.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cant believe people still believe in FFP mascarade. U wanna bet ur ass juve, inter, farsa.....wont be banned from cl??? And after all Super L.fiasco they ll decide to ban clubs? No they wont.

Covid years wont be inlcuded. Right now whats limit 70% of revenue? After that they ll raise it to 90% etc. Untill some new solution. Eufa s not that stupid. Just dont spend 300M per year and u ll be fine. Unless u re psgof course.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Juve going to a 433 next season?

Chiesa - Vlahovic - Di Maria.
Pogba - Locatelli - Zakaria
De Sciglio - de Ligt - Bonucci - Cuadrado.

I'm not worried at all, without Chiellini their defense looked like shit. Let's see if Pogba decides to be a footballer again or not.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I'm not worried at all, without Chiellini their defense looked like shit. Let's see if Pogba decides to be a footballer again or not.
It's certainly a strong lineup, let's not kid ourself.

Doesn't mean we won't be the best team.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

That is a great attack and for serie a Pogba is a space shuttle.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Post you fuckers!

We have a hype and a tension to create. Don't sit in the fetal position like @Wild

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Some say Milan wants Brekalo. I see him only as a reserve rw.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From tomorrow I suggest @brk and @Samaldinho change their avatars to something hand picked Milan related and not a snail and David Beckham, as well as personalizing their subtext to something other than "Milan legend".

So, for todays conversation:

Who is your favourite Milan player in the current squad, and why?

Mine is Pierre Kalulu, followed very closely by Sandro Tonali. To me they symbolize both our project and the type of player personalities we want representing this club for the next 10-15 years.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanNews: Kalulu, from unknown to defensive certainty: manifesto of the Elliott project

When in the summer of 2020 Milan announced the signing of Pierre Kalulu class 2000 from Lyon for the modest sum of 450 thousand euros, most of the Milan fans wondered who he was. At the same time, however, the supporters of the French team turned up their noses, complaining about the departure of their talent: perhaps this could already be a clue to the qualities that Pierre is showing off during this season.

Tactical flexibility

As reported today by Corriere dello Sport, from a tactical point of view Kalulu is a really important player. He arrived in the Rossoneri with the right-back label and grew up and made his way behind a now experienced player like Calabria, already starting last year when he was called to replace Kjaer and Romagnoli on a few occasions. However, the explosion came this year, from January, when Kalulu remained the only defensive bulwark of a group hit by covids and injuries. With the physical problems in Romagnoli, then, the place became his simply with the strength of performance. Every time 20 takes the field, it amazes with personality, calm and progress. He has an aggressive style that goes well with the equally combative Tomori with whom he has now formed a really solid couple.

Face of the Elliott project

The rise of Kalulu reflects exactly what the Elliott project had in mind and which perhaps will continue with RedBird, should the change of hands take place. Young players, sometimes semi-unknown, who however have great potential. Of course, perhaps Kalulu has forged ahead, perhaps even the management did not expect a growth of this level in the second year among professionals and in another country from that of origin. Pierre, who landed in Milan for less than 500 thousand euros, is now worth almost 20 million. It is no coincidence that, at the end of the season, in all likelihood the management will call him on site to adjust the contract: the current salary will go from the current 500 thousand euros to at least 1.2 million, with an extension also in terms of time (to date the contract expires in 2025).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule