The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
With Messias staying the idea that both CDK and Ziyech will come has taken a big hit.

Leao, Rebic, Diaz, Adli, Krunic, Origi, Giroud, Saele, Messias, one of CDK/Ziyech. 10 players for 4 positions and that's not counting Ibra, Samu and Lazetic. Or a potential arrival of Renato or another CM who potentially could be used as a CAM if necessary.

At least Samu + one of Saele/Rebic/Diaz or god forbid Leao needs to leave before there is even a chance to sign a second attacking player after the arrival of CDK/Ziyech. Good chance Samu + 2 have to leave, given the clubs more conservative approach with ressources.

Most likely scenario is the attack will be complete once CDK (or Ziyech) has signed (wishful thinking aside).
Well, it's large number for four stacking positions, agreed.
But, IMHO, getting both CDK and Ziyech would open space for sale or two. With many games defending Scudeto, UCL, coppa and so on, we need to have bench.
Still, Leao/Rebic, Adli/CDK, Ziyech/Mesias and Giroud/Origi with Krunic and one of Diaz/Saele as utility players is pretty ok IMHO considering number of games and possibly injuries.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We wanted to keep Donna and he said no
We tried to sell Kessie multiple times and he said no

Now maybe you sell Bennacer and Leao now but I don't subscribe to selling those types before later in the cycle
Well thats the point.
I never said we should keep those players prisoners , did i ?
I also never said we should give them what they want , did i ?
So thats out of the discussion.
And before the snowflakes jump me with the but but but MM , yeah Milan is better with him but again thats not the point.
And yes many teams are loosing players for free , so again snowflakes keep your pants on because ..... yeah , not the discussion.
The point am making is that we need to sell those players or at least try to because many clubs are able to do so & we need to know how they are doing it.
Keeping them for one or two more years isnt worth loosing 30-40-50mil because like MM showed us , you can replace anyone if you are smart.
Leao can be Messi , i would sell him if he didnt renew than loosing him for free.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
giphy.gif
why all the vawulence?

(like i didn't post a similar gif a few minutes ago)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We wanted to keep Donna and he said no
We tried to sell Kessie multiple times and he said no

Now maybe you sell Bennacer and Leao now but I don't subscribe to selling those types before later in the cycle
We wanted to keep Hakan too and he said fuck you.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Again whats the line ?
I thought it was Kess , did the snowflakes pushed it further ?
Is Leao the line now ?
Its ok that we lose him for free ?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Well thats the point.
I never said we should keep those players prisoners , did i ?
I also never said we should give them what they want , did i ?
So thats out of the discussion.
And before the snowflakes jump me with the but but but MM , yeah Milan is better with him but again thats not the point.
And yes many teams are loosing players for free , so again snowflakes keep your pants on because ..... yeah , not the discussion.
The point am making is that we need to sell those players or at least try to because many clubs are able to do so & we need to know how they are doing it.
Keeping them for one or two more years isnt worth loosing 30-40-50mil because like MM showed us , you can replace anyone if you are smart.
Leao can be Messi , i would sell him if he didnt renew than loosing him for free.
You look like a worn out general trying to communicate his last orders. Maldini wasn't planning on selling Saele, he renewed him and believed in him. You disagree but who are you?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MN - Milan, La Montina confirmed as official sparkling wine for the eighth consecutive season

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You look like a worn out general trying to communicate his last orders. Maldini wasn't planning on selling Saele, he renewed him and believed in him. You disagree but who are you?
Am someone who said that Sale is shit & it turned out true.
The fuck are you ?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you fundamentally. Really.

But as I sat in the car today I thought, "brk is right on the money, and ROSSONERI7 as well, on most of the expectation adjustment." However, it dawned on me when I listened to the Romano podcast how very much this now also is a part of the sport. It isn't, but it is. Football is 24/7 now. The actual seasons and results is what matters, and our results is what we live by.

But the mercato has become a sport of its own. Luckily we have Paolo Maldini running it, and he's building smartly for continued growth. PL clubs are showcasing how you're able to be the toast of the town without actually delivering sporting results, but for us? It doesn't matter. We are in good hands. But we shouldn't laugh a the transfer market part of football, it's become a huge part of it and belongs in your best-of-the-forum-poster outlook.

I don't want to win the mercato, but I kinda do. In the meantime I think our windows are awesome, we've taken a hard decision on being smarter than everyone else.
I’d rather we look at it in retrospect:

1657128369733.png

I'd say this was a huge win. Paid for Tomori, got a huge discount on Tonali and replaced a 'generational' goalkeeper with an actual balon d'or contender at GK. The massive L we seemingly took in January, the one that had people frothing at the mouth ended up forcing us to use Kalulu and discovering his monstrosity. We also won the title.

1657128448881.png

Tomori on loan, Kalulu and Rebic for peanuts, redeeming Saelemaekers and Kjaer for peanuts and Hauge for peanuts. Peanut Pioli got a few peanuts this season but we came in second. I'd say this was a big win too, but at the time lots of people were underwhelmed and many of us didn't think we had a chance for 4th place.

1657128599999.png

On of the most consequential transfers in recent history. Leao, Bennacer, Theo, Krunic, Rebic and in January Ibra and Kjaer. Look at the sales too. Managed to not take too much of an L on Piatek, and managed to ship out a lot of the fodders that festered in our squad for years. Cutrone for 18m is the robbery of the decade.

Point i'm making is that even if at the time we mortals think that a window is underwhelming or that we lost some players or got ones that are meh, we should look back at the track record of the legend that's in charge and know that we have no idea what we're talking about and that the plan is in motion and we should just enjoy the ride.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we end up w/o CdK and with Dybala, that will be a shit strategy.

Brugge does not need or want to sell - we need to come to them. 30m plus options is a reasonable risk.

We need to be levelling up, at the end of the day it does not happen without spending for 1st choice targets.

We will spend what we need on CdK as we need to continue expanding our core.
I'm not crazy about CDK and personally think anything above 25m is too much. I think my disdain for Dybala is well known and don't want him anywhere near us. I have a lot of faith in Adli. Maybe he will be like Hauge, do some cool shit, fizzle out, and I'll watch him as he plays for Schalke or Real Sociedad crying about "what if?"

If I'm Milan, Brugge can kiss my ass. CDK wants to play in the CL, he's not getting that at Leeds or Leicester, and I'm sure he'd rather play with Giroud, Ibra, and Leao than... Bamford?

Leveling up happens when you get a player for a price that you're comfortable with, and he performs. If you can't acquire your first choice at a price that you want, then you walk away. It's pretty easy. Milan has done it a bunch of times. And they should keep doing it.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again whats the line ?
I thought it was Kess , did the snowflakes pushed it further ?
Is Leao the line now ?
Its ok that we lose him for free ?
It's not ok to lose him for free. If he makes it clear he won't renew, we should sell him. I think we're all in agreement here. Leao isn't worth around 50m a year, which is what we'd be 'losing' by not selling him this summer for 100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule