Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
roy_il_diavolo said:
Not exactly... i think FIFA's world integrationg policy is ruining football.... teams like Denmark and Belgium and others sit out.... and Saudi Arabia and Tunisia and Costa Rica end up in the WC .... Asia teams and weaker N.American teams should play European teams placed 2nd or 3rd in qualifying groups..... so the 32 out there are not really the best 32 on the planet...

Well, I do understand that, and it would be great for Costa Rica to get some competitive action with european teams, it can only make us better (as well, my dream would have been that we would have done a good performance and South America would start considering our teams to play in Libertadores or Suramericana, but we're going to have to wait some more time for that).

But it's not that easy to qualify in CONCACAF. Firstly, you have to go the islands, not easy, the fields are crap. Then you have to play in Mexico & the US, Mexico has only lost once in qualifications in the Azteca stadium, against Costa Rica back in 02', and the US at home has become unbeatable.
And now that hostility of the Central American nations. In Costa Rica's case, we are taken to the most miserable places to play, they make parties in front of the hotels our NT stays the night before the game(and it's been said that local radios ask fans to go and make noise). Racist insults, bad airplanes(yeah we have to take local airplanes cause they take us to the most miserable parts) with just a fan to give some air, total hate towards us(it's very well known Costa Rica is hated by the rest of CA), any anti fair play form you can think of, our NT has tasted it.
We aren't that different either, basically, we whistle national anthems(well we, but not me), racist insults, and the south part of the stadium is memorable for making the oppenents shit their pants(it has been said once a player from the US ask his teamate if he knew how hell was, the other guy replied no, "well tonight you'll know what it is like"). Only if we are really really bad managed we lose a game at home, but we are usually really really hard to beat in home.
Oh and it doesn't hurt that since Fifa dates are only when Europe plays friendlies or qualifications, and not everytime CONCACAF has a qualificatory game, and Costa Rica doesn't have enough weight, our players that play in Europe(I can easily name Brescia) come whenever the hell the team wants them to come, a day before usually(with 8 hours of flight), and since that's not enough, we get them injured(like Gilberto Martinez, who if he was playing for a bigger NT, he would have been rested, but no, he was injured, and had to play injured most of the season with Brescia :mad: ).

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's impossible to say at this stage.

Take Ukraine for example, everyone would have voted for them after the first round of games but now that they won 4:0 no one is saying that they're the worst team.

I'm a lot more disappointed by Brazil and France anyway.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
scharatz said:

Take Ukraine for example, everyone would have voted for them after the first round of games but now that they won 4:0 no one is saying that they're the worst team.

Well I both agree and disagree. It's possible to say who's the worst 'til now. And like you already mentioned, Selecao and Les Blues have been the biggest dissapointments 'til now.

Ghana have been the only *positive surprise* so far, maybe Togo as well eventhough they lost both of their matches.

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
caroline_celico said:
i vote for ukraine for sure! huh... finally the traitor gets his karma!! :mad:

after saw the S&M games, i guess ukraine have their main rival :tongue:
but maybe that's just bcoz argentina is too good...

Every think is changed :eek:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
So far
32. Serbia & Montenegro(they won't ever come to a WC as one nation, so it was good enough for them to be among the 32 countries).
31. Costa Rica :D (4.5 million people-of which less than 3.5 are costaricans-, the second most small country participating in the WC, just being there is good, and the five minutes we were 1-1 against Germany was worth everything).
30. Togo(damn you France for not scoring one more!, first WC, fans celebrating inspite being eliminated, it wasn't bad at all).

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Close run between Togo and Serbia/Montenegro, the latter being the subject of the WC's biggest butt-whupping so far (6-0 to the Argies).

Seems rather puzzling that Ukraine are up there with 12 votes, considering they're now in the quarterfinals in their debut appearance. Not too shabby.

Dida - Continues where he left at Milan, with another head-shaking performance.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Seems rather puzzling that Ukraine are up there with 12 votes, considering they're now in the quarterfinals in their debut appearance. Not too shabby.
Luck of the draw + referee assistance. Play-wise, they SUCK a lot more than Togo.

Reaction score
liko99 said:
i think that poland and ukraine are most dissapointing
Yes. I think it is impossible give Poland and Ukraine chance to conduct CE in 2012 together. (They to claime for...)

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
scharatz said:

I still thinks that Ukraine is one of the worst team.
There are few teams(ie.Mexico) who are better and deserve more than them to play in the quarter final.

However I do feel happy for them.
And will still congratz them for reaching the quarter final.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
well... there is a reason for Asian teams to participate... financial... etc... besides... it's the WC... if it's made up solely on European & South American teams... it can't be called the WC... that's why even Oceania teams can take part if they qualify...

Of course... what is FIFA but a MONEY MAKING MACHINE.... Sepp Blatters an asshole who says the officials in the CL einal was bad bocz the undeserving ENGLISH team lost... I guess he fails to understand this statement taints FIFA and no one else ....

Yeah we cant call a WC with teams from the 2 continects as a WC but we could have ASian teams having to beat weaker (like this time around its DENMARK+Uruguay+TURKEY+others) in order to qualify....

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Interesting tread, but answers are not to point. Mostly. Worst team is undoubtly is Saudi Arabia, who lost to "lowly" Ukraine 0:4.
BTW, Ukraine in order to advancw had to beat Turkey, Greece and Denmark + a usual tier 4 teams. They were the first to qualify and this is their first WC, so do not judge them by one game..especially against Spain.
All African teams were good, especially CIV, but naive like 12 year old girl at disco.
Japanese were huge suckers + Koreans were unable to do anything w/o "special" attention.
Swiss team killed me. I expected much more and they just screw it . Wierd...
Team USA will fianlly find its rightfull place around thirtiest place or something. They promised all and did NOTHING!!!

From the performance point of view England, Italy and Brasil (to some extent) are underperforming. So its huge dissapointment to see these high flying teams screwing around for the scraps. Lippi and Ericson go home please, now!!!!

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Have you guys read the news about Korean fans? They attack the website Fifaworldcup.com by emails lmao. And they complain Sepp Blatter about the referees lmao. They said the referees in the match between Switzerland and them were biased LMAO. And they asked Fifa to play the match again LMAOOO. I can't understand how can we have such a fucking rubbish country like that in the world. I know Koreans are not polite, and good, but this is just so funny... They are over reacting. Sorry, I can't find the news in English, but there must be this news somewhere, try www.fifaworldcup.com

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
trinidad&tobago-iran-costarica...

Ollyn88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"LOYAL" milan players
takahan said:
I still thinks that Ukraine is one of the worst team.
There are few teams(ie.Mexico) who are better and deserve more than them to play in the quarter final.

However I do feel happy for them.
And will still congratz them for reaching the quarter final.
TRUE!!!

but i don't feel happy at all for them
and i won't congratz them...

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
caroline_celico said:
TRUE!!!

but i don't feel happy at all for them
and i won't congratz them...
Take your head out of your ass and look around!!! WTF??!! Ukraine one of the worst teams??? What planet are you coming from??? Screwtonium???

Rybalchenko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
I like how a lot of people voted for us even though we were in the last 8. Just get over shevchenko already and stop hating our country because of him.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Rybalchenko said:
I like how a lot of people voted for us even though we were in the last 8. Just get over shevchenko already and stop hating our country because of him.
i think most if not all of the votes came after Spain humiliated Ukraine 4 goals to nothin'...

Rybalchenko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i think most if not all of the votes came after Spain humiliated Ukraine 4 goals to nothin'...
Humiliated? Spain humiliated themselves at this world cup. They showed that unless they don't have a referee they like, they can't win. :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
a 4 nil lost is not humiliation? anyway... Ukraine never looked interested in that match right from the start... but at least they were able to bounce back... which is a sign that the coach is good at motivatin' his team... not an easy task...

Jankulovski

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jankulovski, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Kàkà, Gattuso, Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta
i think that T&T was the worst team in this world cup even they stole a point from Sweeden

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
T&T worst in the WC? Oh, come on. :rolleyes:

I think I commented on this and picked a team already, but I'm changing my mind and going with Brazil. Not because they didn't win the WC, but because of their comatose performance throughout, especially from the supposed best player in the world. They had an easy group of opponents and yet made a meal out of every single one of them (save for the second half against Japan) before getting their butts handed to them in the end by their only serious opposition.

Simply put, their campaign was straight out of The Wizard of Oz - no heart, courage, or brains.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Passion for *9* said:
Luck of the draw + referee assistance. Play-wise, they SUCK a lot more than Togo.

Exactly.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, P.Nedved, Raul, F.Torres, Sheva, Petr Cech, C.Ronaldo, Robin Van Persie, L.Figo, P.Lahm, Beck
Saudi arabia.

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
serbia&montenegro-iran-trinidad&tobago-costarica and............brazil. :cool:

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
roy_il_diavolo said:
Yeah we cant call a WC with teams from the 2 continects as a WC but we could have ASian teams having to beat weaker (like this time around its DENMARK+Uruguay+TURKEY+others) in order to qualify....

Or we could just have a 2nd tier competition a la UEFA Cup... not very pc, I know. ;)

For my money: England/Brazil (thy name is H.Y.P.E.), Saudi Arabia, Iran, US, Poland, S&M, Angola, Sweden, Costa Rica, Japan, England, SK, Switzerland, England, Croatia, Togo, England, Brazil, England.... I think that's half the teams now :D

But how about this multiculti comedy 11?

Barthez (for that flap, I haven't seen the worst gk performances)
Zaccardo, Boulharouz, Ferdinand/any S&M defender, R. Carlos
Becks, Emerson, Lampard, C. Ronaldo (for his winking ability only)
Donovan, Ibrahimovic

Schedule