Zoro takes a stand on racism.....

Adri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Boban, van Basten, Kaka, Sheva, Etxeberria,Guerrero
I don't want to spend words on inter fans, they are very frustrated. One thing I can't understand, they sing racist choirs and almost all the Inter players are strangers and some of them are also colored.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Inter fans are a disgrace!! They are gonna over take Lazio fans if they keep it up!! Crap!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
this is very important issue since derby is coming up. so if anybody gets new official information then post it here as well!

MS_PAINT

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah; Boban; Seva; Kaka; Maldini; Raul
NeSTa_86 said:
fans of inter are so stupid
hehehe
zoro did very good thing when he wanted to stop the game
zoro iz my new hero ;) ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Interesting name , ZORO , well I think he should definitly left the pitch with all Messina players ( + they were losing ) .. Inter fans should be out of stadiums.

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
Does anyone have footage of this??

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Adri said:
I don't want to spend words on inter fans, they are very frustrated.
Frustration is no excuse for stupidity, and there's no excuse whatsoever for racist chants directed at players. The perpetrators all deserve a slap upside the head.

This discussion is in the wrong forum and should take place in the Italian Football thread instead.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this thread should be moved to the Football forum.

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Wow...coming from the team that fielded 11 non-italians. At least Lazio has a fascist skinhead to cheer on. These guys don't even know how to be proper racists. Inter are pathetic.

(My comments are not to be taken literally, once again, I'm not a racist).

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
Adri said:
and some of them are also colored.

Be careful with your words. At least in the states, this is a very deragatory word.

But you're right. Oba is black. WTF are these "fans" thinking? :head:

besikaka said:
well I think he should definitly left the pitch with all Messina players ( + they were losing ) .. Inter fans should be out of stadiums.

I would walk out in an instant...and take the entire team with me.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Inter fans are a joke, that's that. They proved it one more time.

BTW, in general, racism has become a bigger issue in the last years. I know it has always been present, but now is almost out of control. You can even catch some people of the same team being racist against their own players. I hope that the presidents, coaches, players, and other fans play a more efficient card against it as soon as possible.
Zoro did right to stop the game, at least to try to stop the racist abuse.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
It's interesting how these things are so BIG DEAL to the uefa and fifa with the 'big clubs' and 'big countries', AND YES THEY ARE, I CAN'T STAND RACISTS PPL.
But, in my country, this is a every-day kind of thing on football stadiums, and noone gives a shit about us! Not just that they don't wanna do anything to stop it, but they don't even dare to hear it !

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
the racism issue is too big to be in a itlian footbaal i think.
i would also like to know what is the situation in treviso these days?

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Adri said:
I don't want to spend words on inter fans, they are very frustrated

no They aren't frustrated they are Gobbi Right Pupone :D

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
damn.. inter fans are a disgrace to italy.
what is their problem with zoro?!
they ought to be thrown out of the stadium man.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
I do not get what Interfans problem is? Why do they always behave as hooligans? Well done The legend of Zoro! :D

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
NeSTa_86 said:
fans of inter are so stupid

My brother is an Inter fan. Let's not generalise please for the sake of a few stupid fans.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roksana said:
I do not get what Interfans problem is? Why do they always behave as hooligans? Well done The legend of Zoro! :D

Milan fans are used to win so we don't know what frustration means and yet we still feel crap about last season's ending...
Just try to think how many years of nothing inter fans are having to endure.
I understand the frustration even though there's no justification for violence or even more so racism.

In 1996-1997 after Milan collapse(1-6 to Juve... :mad:and so on... ) our fans were abusive and threw eggs at our players(including Maldini of course).
I think that shows you that no fan is perfect...

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pupone said:
My brother is an Inter fan. Let's not generalise please for the sake of a few stupid fans.

And My Brother is Inter Fan :mad:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
by the way Pupone can you translate this ?

Ancora uno spiacevole episodio e ancora protagonista una sparuta minoranza di tifosi dell'Inter. Al Tardini, dove è in programma l'andata degli ottavi di finale di Coppa Italia Parma-Inter, dallo spicchio riservato ai supporter ospiti si sono levati cori d'insulto nei confronti di Mark Zoro, il difensore del Messina che domenica aveva minacciato di lasciare il campo per gli insulti razzisti piovuti dalla curva interista.

Sembra proprio che non sia valsa a nulla la decisione da parte della Figc di far cominciare le gare di Coppa Italia (e di tutti i campionati) con 5' di ritardo contro il razzismo sugli spalti e di far entrare i calciatori con uno striscione "No al razzismo". Uno sparuto gruppo di tifosi interisti, in uno stadio Tardini quasi deserto, ha insultato nuovamente (anche se questa volta senza allusioni razziste) il difensore del Messina Mark Zoro, il cui gesto di domenica ha riportato alla ribalta il problema del razzismo sugli spalti dei campi di calcio. Al posto dei "buu buu" di scherno, questa volta l'ivoranio è stato mandato letteralmente a quel paese, probabilmente (difficile mettersi nella testa di una dozzina di imbecilli) per tutto il polverone mediatico e non che ha sollevato. Istituzioni italiane e non si sono mobilitate per far sì che episodi come quelli di domenica a Messina non si verifichino più. Prima la forma di protesta della Figc (inizio delle gare posticipate di 5') in accordo con l'Assocalciatori, poi l'invito dell'Unione Europea alla Uefa di prendere posizione e il massimo organismo europeo che minaccia dure sanzioni alle società che non combattono in modo adeguato la piage del razzismo. Ma un gruppo di imbecilli è sempre difficile da tenere sotto controllo.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DugiNesta said:
by the way Pupone can you translate this ?

Ancora uno spiacevole episodio e ancora protagonista una sparuta minoranza di tifosi dell'Inter. Al Tardini, dove è in programma l'andata degli ottavi di finale di Coppa Italia Parma-Inter, dallo spicchio riservato ai supporter ospiti si sono levati cori d'insulto nei confronti di Mark Zoro, il difensore del Messina che domenica aveva minacciato di lasciare il campo per gli insulti razzisti piovuti dalla curva interista.

Sembra proprio che non sia valsa a nulla la decisione da parte della Figc di far cominciare le gare di Coppa Italia (e di tutti i campionati) con 5' di ritardo contro il razzismo sugli spalti e di far entrare i calciatori con uno striscione "No al razzismo". Uno sparuto gruppo di tifosi interisti, in uno stadio Tardini quasi deserto, ha insultato nuovamente (anche se questa volta senza allusioni razziste) il difensore del Messina Mark Zoro, il cui gesto di domenica ha riportato alla ribalta il problema del razzismo sugli spalti dei campi di calcio. Al posto dei "buu buu" di scherno, questa volta l'ivoranio è stato mandato letteralmente a quel paese, probabilmente (difficile mettersi nella testa di una dozzina di imbecilli) per tutto il polverone mediatico e non che ha sollevato. Istituzioni italiane e non si sono mobilitate per far sì che episodi come quelli di domenica a Messina non si verifichino più. Prima la forma di protesta della Figc (inizio delle gare posticipate di 5') in accordo con l'Assocalciatori, poi l'invito dell'Unione Europea alla Uefa di prendere posizione e il massimo organismo europeo che minaccia dure sanzioni alle società che non combattono in modo adeguato la piage del razzismo. Ma un gruppo di imbecilli è sempre difficile da tenere sotto controllo.

Quick translation:Inter fans insulted Zoro(Messina player) during Parma-Inter last night following his protest last sunday.
The insults were not racial but they basically told him where to go...
Italian FA (FIGC) and Uefa are operating a clampdown on racism and soon there will be heavy sanctions and banning of teams involved in such episodes.
But why penalise the club?How can you control a minority of imbecils??

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pupone said:
Quick translation:Inter fans insulted Zoro(Messina player) during Parma-Inter last night following his protest last sunday.
The insults were not racial but they basically told him where to go...
Italian FA (FIGC) and Uefa are operating a clampdown on racism and soon there will be heavy sanctions and banning of teams involved in such episodes.
But why penalise the club?How can you control a minority of imbecils??

thanx

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
DugiNesta said:
And My Brother is Inter Fan :mad:
Well, a guy in my class is an Inter fan and he is an absolute idiot, the dumbest ever...

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
I haven't got the video, but I've seen highlights of that game. Zorro was really pissed, and late in the game, he took the ball in his hands while talking to the referee. You could see on his face he was really affected by those idiot Inter fans. But the game continued nevertheless.

Adri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Boban, van Basten, Kaka, Sheva, Etxeberria,Guerrero
Yesterday during the Italian cup match Parma-Inter, the Inter fans have sang again against Zoro! What a bunch of loosers

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Adri said:
Yesterday during the Italian cup match Parma-Inter, the Inter fans have sang again against Zoro! What a bunch of loosers
and your source is???

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
peaboss said:
and your source is???

I think his source... is what duginesta posted and i quickly translated.
It's true Zoro was insulted again but not racially.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently it's true. From the International Herald Tribune (iht.com):

"Inter Milan apologized for the abuse its supporters heaped on a black opponent over the weekend, but the fans are clearly pleased with the attention. On Wednesday, three days after fans drove Marc Zoro, a defender from Ivory Coast who plays for Messina, to tears in a league game in Sicily, some Inter fans, part of a tiny traveling contingent, again hurled insults at Zoro even though this time the team was playing in Parma.

"The shouts Wednesday from the section housing a few dozen Inter supporters at the Tardini Stadium came after 'No to Racism' banners organized by the Italian soccer federation were unfurled before kickoff at all Italian matches this week in response to the Zoro case. The disciplinary commission, which is investigating the incident of Sunday, could punish Inter Milan for the behavior of its fans.

"Milan won when one of its own African players, Obafemi Martins, scored with a header in the 74th minute."

Quite frankly, what a bunch of degenerate scumbags. They're lower than what you and I deposit in the toilet. Oh, but it gets better. While on the subject of asinine fan behavior during the Coppa Italia, this one is hot off the press:

"ROME (Reuters) - Juventus came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Fiorentina in an Italian Cup tie interrupted when tear gas drifted over the pitch following violent clashes between fans and police outside the ground on Thursday.

The fourth-round first-leg game was held up for 20 minutes at the start of the second half after tear gas was fired by police outside the Stadio Franchi in Florence.

The incident will inflict more damage on the tarnished image of Italian soccer which already this week has struggled to come to grips with the racist abuse suffered by a Messina player during last weekend's Serie A game against Inter Milan." (Reuters.co.uk)

What hooliganism was to England in the '80s, Italian fans are embodying it in this decade, and perhaps beyond. Jesus.

Schedule