• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Didn't Van Persie score more than Hernandez last year?

And yes, I'll call him Hernandez in the same way that I call Aguero Aguero and not Kun.

then why don't you call ronaldinho- ronaldo de assis or robinso- robson de souza

latino's... unoriginal

If i went to the mission district of SF and said I'm looking for javier hernandez I';d probably get 100 different people :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
didn't see city's game btw (5:30 am, passs). Forgot to tape

how did city look with Aguero wide? 4-2-3-1? It just seems a waste for him :(

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
After extensive consideration, I think I've identified the root of Arsenal's problems: their payers aren't good enough.

Their payers have a lot more money than we do. So do their players, who aren't as good, especially on defense.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Aguero wasn't wide, he was in the centre most of the time, and went up when Dzeko drifted wide. Silva and Nasri out wide. Aguero did drift wide as well for a while - lot of interchanging between the top 4. Lovely stuff.

As for Arsenal, 1 or 2 or 3 signings won't stem the rot. One can discuss fantasy football as much as one wants, but the problem is Wenger and has always been Wenger. They will not get anywhere until Wenger leaves.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Aguero wasn't wide, he was in the centre most of the time, and went up when Dzeko drifted wide. Silva and Nasri out wide. Aguero did drift wide as well for a while - lot of interchanging between the top 4. Lovely stuff.

As for Arsenal, 1 or 2 or 3 signings won't stem the rot. One can discuss fantasy football as much as one wants, but the problem is Wenger and has always been Wenger. They will not get anywhere until Wenger leaves.

right but then how can you explain wengers invincible team

vieira/gilberto silva... hardly a weak wanna-barca midfield? You think he wouldn't love Yaya for ex.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
didn't see city's game btw (5:30 am, passs). Forgot to tape

how did city look with Aguero wide? 4-2-3-1? It just seems a waste for him :(

Quite good, scored one coming in off a semi wide position and beating Dawson. Otherwise lots of movement from the attacking quartet and some sweet interchanging play as well.

The MOTD highlights will be worth a watch or you can download the game.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Oh my.

How did Arsenal get to this low? Just saw the score-line.

:cry:

Fiero

Reaction score
ummm..alright.

Haha I thought you'd lose it but you reacted well to my trolling. :thumbsup: :D

vieira/gilberto silva... hardly a weak wanna-barca midfield? You think he wouldn't love Yaya for ex.

I think Cesc got him too excited. He thought he could form a core of a team aged 22-23 and win trophies with them. Arsenal have always played brilliant and even came close to trophies, but they lack(ed) character, leaders, players with balls. Plus he messed around too much with the defensive pair and GK.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Obviously I'm talking post-Invincible era Wenger. He was a sane, awesome manager in 2004. Who knows what happened to him once Vieira, Ljungberg etc left..

It has clearly become a matter of ego now. Wenger cannot change.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it wenger or is it management?

Seriously, you guys thing Wenger is senile? You think he wouldn't love to keep a few older players like Fergie does? You think he wouldn't still love vieira? You think he wouldn't love to keep fabregas/nasri/flamini and on?

Is it really him going full pedo, or is he just a good employee willing to speak for management who value dollar over anything. And the fact he keeps them top 4/ucl knock out rd's gives them NO REASON to think they need heavy investment.

I really am beginning to think it's 80% management 20% wenger. Guy likes younger players, faster players but he's not stupid. Look at age of the 03 to 06 team. Look at his teams before that. I really think if he had his way he'd do similar to fergie

To be honest....I love Allegri, but i would take wenger in a second at milan. Galliani runs t he club and won't ever allow milan to be too young. Wenger is still one of absolute best at molding a talented 17-20 year old into a player, and would press for more youth into squad. Combine they'd compliment/cancel each other out.

LOL, you side with wenger as soon the forumers start hating on him, even tho you always used to mock/criticize him :lol:

I think you have the "go against the flow" syndrome :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
LOL, you side with wenger as soon the forumers start hating on him, even tho you always used to mock him :lol:

Nah, get me straight, he deserves his blame. And imo, if he did spend money, i'm not sure he'd buy right players. He'd spend big on AM/wingers instead of defensive minded players or an actual finishing CF.

But I do think he's not MAD like some claim. He's proven all he has to. So isn't it possible, management is keeping purse strings tight and he's kust being a good employee

we've seen fergie do the same, when man utd's management was much more publically obvious about debt and spending.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Nah, get me straight, he deserves his blame. And imo, if he did spend money, i'm not sure he'd buy right players. He'd spend big on AM/wingers instead of defensive minded players or an actual finishing CF.

But I do think he's not MAD like some claim. He's proven all he has to. So isn't it possible, management is keeping purse strings tight and he's kust being a good employee

we've seen fergie do the same, when man utd's management was much more publically obvious about debt and spending.

How are they keeping their purse strings tight when they allow him to spend 15 fuckin' million on a 17 yr old who has never played in the EPL? :conf:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How are they keeping their purse strings tight when they allow him to spend 15 fuckin' million on a 17 yr old who has never played in the EPL? :conf:

Ryo? I thought he was in the 1-2 mil range if not free?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

I agree that he might be taking all the blame to cover up for the management's plans to barely spend and make profit, but he is still very stubborn, and the fact that arsenal's mentality has been rubbish since 06 is his fault.

I mean they actually had a good squad until 2010, but the teams ALWAYS choked when it came to the important moments of the season, why does the team choke? why do arsenal have such a weak mentality? its mainly his fault IMO.

The team never had balls since 06, and IMO that's a big reason why they failed year after year, its not all about skill, stoke city reached an F.A cup final, birmingham won the league cup (guess who did they beat??) and them having no balls is down to wenger, the manager's mentality is shown on the field when his players play like lions or cowards.

and of course he gets the blame for not signing a proper keeper/defenders and keeping his faith on certain players who just aren't worth it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
LOL, you side with wenger as soon the forumers start hating on him, even tho you always used to mock/criticize him :lol:

:thumbsup:

I have to blame Arsene for this, Best thing ever woudl have been if they would have traded cesc and wegner for pep

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I agree that he might be taking all the blame to cover up for the management's plans to barely spend and make profit, but he is still very stubborn, and the fact that arsenal's mentality has been rubbish since 06 is him to blame.

I mean they actually had a good squad until 2010, but the teams ALWAYS choked when it came to the important moments of the season, why does the team choke? why do arsenal have such a weak mentality? its mainly his fault IMO.

The team never had balls since 06, and IMO that's a big reason why they failed year after year, its not all about skill, stoke city reached an F.A cup final, birmingham won the league cup (guess who did they beat??) and them having no balls is down to wenger, the manager's mentality is show on the field when his players play like lions or cowards.

and of course he gets the blame for not signing a proper keeper/defenders and keeping his faith on certain players who just aren't worth it.

IMO they haven't really had a title worthy squad since flamini left.

Excellent players in some positions but like you said... lacking the toughness, gritt and that hardman to take a game.

That year they had adebayor who was a CF who scored, a decent defense and guy in middle to clean it up on top form...

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
LOL @ Arsenal. Suck on my balls you Man U fuckers. :o

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I think Mancini finally has a balanced squad and system this year. The offensive players provide so many options: second strikers, wingers, passers. He can adjust his 4 2 3 1 for several game plans. And he has the best depth in Europe right now

If I'd have to pick o weak side, that would be the center backs. Kompany is very good but Toure and Lescott not great. I don't want to imagine how Silva would fit there.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO they haven't really had a title worthy squad since flamini left.

Excellent players in some positions but like you said... lacking the toughness, gritt and that hardman to take a game.

That year they had adebayor who was a CF who scored, a decent defense and guy in middle to clean it up on top form...

I remember them being first during 2007-2008, then flamini got injured and they fell apart, now flams was important, but no team that's been first for that long should fall apart because of 1 player.

and its not only in the league, they choked in the f.a cup/league cup/CL, I'm not saying they should have won it all, but they should have still won a few titles.

btw, I'd also blame wenger for not resigning gallas/gilberto silva/not giving flamini the wages he wants(same with nasri I guess) / spending 15million and that kind of money of oxlade chamberline(wtv his name is) and other 12 year olds.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I remember them being first during 2007-2008, then flamini got injured and they fell apart, now flams was important, but no team that's been first for that long should fall apart because of 1 player.

and its not only in the league, they choked in the f.a cup/league cup/CL, I'm not saying they should have won it all, but they should have still won a few titles.

btw, I'd also blame wenger for not resigning gallas/gilberto silva/not giving flamini the wages he wants(same with nasri I guess) / spending 15million and that kind of money of oxlade chamberline(wtv his name is) and other 12 year olds.

The wages argument is on management, I think. That's what i was hinting at.

I can't imagine wenger has a problem resigning his own players. Gallas/Gilberto wanted multi year deals, arsenal balked. Wages with flams, nasri etc.

The whole wage structure thing... I mean I can't see ANY manager being that strict on it. But he's an employee he has to enforce it. I mean he is arsenal publically, so don't assume cause he says 'he wont give multi year deal to over 30s' it's him and not just above him, and he's forced to say it.

At the same time, there is also his ego.... i'm sure he relishes challenge, even when it's in face of conventional wisdom.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it wenger or is it management?

Seriously, you guys thing Wenger is senile? You think he wouldn't love to keep a few older players like Fergie does? You think he wouldn't still love vieira? You think he wouldn't love to keep fabregas/nasri/flamini and on?

Is it really him going full pedo, or is he just a good employee willing to speak for management who value dollar over anything. And the fact he keeps them top 4/ucl knock out rd's gives them NO REASON to think they need heavy investment.

I really am beginning to think it's 80% management 20% wenger. Guy likes younger players, faster players but he's not stupid. Look at age of the 03 to 06 team. Look at his teams before that. I really think if he had his way he'd do similar to fergie

To be honest....I love Allegri, but i would take wenger in a second at milan. Galliani runs t he club and won't ever allow milan to be too young. Wenger is still one of absolute best at molding a talented 17-20 year old into a player, and would press for more youth into squad. Combine they'd compliment/cancel each other out.

It was certainly management problem till 2 or 3 years ago, mostly cause Arsenal had to put a lot of football money to pay Emirates. So resource for football weren't much, and at this point Wenger was really doing miracles.

But it's a long time now that the management fixed the Stadium issue and they are stating in the press they are giving enough money to Wenger. They gave him a good money last season to fix the defense (and he spended 20 M on Squillaci + Koscielny). This year also they anounced a huge budget even before Fabregas and Nasri were sold.

Maybe the management has being dishonest and throwing Wenger on fire - it's possible. But considering how much they allow Wenger to overspend in youth and questionable players from French League, I think it's unlikely. Also, he had stated quite a lot he would rather give a chance to youth than overpay for older players and etc.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
@sven.... if they gave wenger money to spend and he fucked up refused even though they wanted him to, wouldn't he be fired?

I'm just saying its a possibility they don't want him to. I mean look how stingy they are on wages with nasri..a pfa player of year nominee. They did it with adebayor too when he was a leading scorer candidate too... toure, flamini and others

In the end of the day its not HIS money. He who controls money always has most power. If board wanted investment in older players they'd force it or fire him. While wenger is certainly guilty of his own mistakes the board has got no desire to win titles or they'd force some older experienced players on him but they've made it clear its a poor investment cause there's no resale value

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
@sven.... if they gave wenger money to spend and he fucked up refused even though they wanted him to, wouldn't he be fired?

I'm just saying its a possibility they don't want him to. I mean look how stingy they are on wages with nasri..a pfa player of year nominee. They did it with adebayor too when he was a leading scorer candidate too... toure, flamini and others

In the end of the day its not HIS money. He who controls money always has most power. If board wanted investment in older players they'd force it or fire him. While wenger is certainly guilty of his own mistakes the board has got no desire to win titles or they'd force some older experienced players on him but they've made it clear its a poor investment cause there's no resale value

Why are you blatantly ignoring the fact that Wenger has spend a substantial amount of money on players?

Are you telling me that he couldnt get a better player for 15m than a 17 yr old prospect who only played in League 1?

In my opinion it's both the board's and Wenger's fault. The board for being kinda stingy (altho I seem to recall them stating that Wenger has been given the funds to spend) and Wenger for being an arrogant sob who can't see past his french bias and pedo fetish. The signing of AOC is like he is trying to make a statement that he still wants to do it his way. Pretty pointless signing to say the least, especially for that inflated price...

If the dude is allowed to spend 15m on a youth prospect, what's to say he isnt allowed to do the same for established players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule