Official: Stefano Pioli Thread

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
1 more win padre.

What an appointment
1. Excellent run after covid shutdown, with fraud ragnick sword hanging on his head
2. Last day Atlanta away win with immense Kessie performance
3. Last day Scudetto win. Take over at sassullo
4. Last day cl knockout qualification and second star?

Amazing improvement and patience for most young players

Kessie blossomed under him as double pivot
Bennacer playing consistently after being a bench player
Tonali is an alpha now.
Slow grooming of Leao
Even Gabbia is serviceable and reliable in the air

2 men midfield worries me but he is racking up points at a very fast clip.

Best quality : he doesn’t play a victim and work under severe constraints with excellent attitude.

Just give me a knockout cl game again padre rest is gravy for me.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Just heard the good news.

This has made my day :proud:

Fully deserved.

I had a good feeling when we got him. And he's improved our team to no end.

If he did nothing else apart from win a few derbies and get top 4 i would have been happy enough with that.

Instead not only has he gotten top 4. But 2 top 2 finishes. A scudetto and plenty of derbi wins. Oh and slapped every single team around. If we'd drawn yesterday he would have gone a full year without losing away. That's insane. I understand serie a aint the league it was in the 90s. However this team he has isn't top draw either. Yet somehow this bald fraud keeps getting a tune out of thos squad.

I get the board not backing him fully due to finances. But seeing fans having a pop at him after 1 or 2 negative results is wrong imo.

Anyways, congratulations Padre 🥳🥳🥳

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Padre I like you. I just like this club more give cl knockout.

This is all it matters padre.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thanks padre

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Finally some tactical changes, two strikers, trequartista, Theo as a winger, good to finally see this on Pioli.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I have rather found memories of Pioli at Inter. He took over a team playing shite and turned them around very quickly by playing simple, attacking football. He couldn't handle the prima donnas in the locker room after a while, and couldn't adapt once his tactics got found out. But overall he did a decent job.

Now Pioli is taking over a young team with few egos, and low in confidence. Its ideal for him, this Milan side is better suited to him than Inter was. I expect him to turn Milan around very quickly. Pioli is a smart tactical coach and he rarely chooses a wrong lineup. He has very clear and simple ideas of how to play, much easier to implement that Giampaolo's system. While CL qualification may look difficult, its not outside the realm of possibility for Pioli.

IMO Spalletti would have been a less risky choice, but Pioli is not that bad - better suited than the recent few coaches Milan have had.
this post has me uneasy now

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
this post has me uneasy now
How so? Yesterday he did adapt but that was his failure in the game. It didn't work out in any way when the two CF can't shoot for shit.

CraigoACM

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All of them
Doing a absolutely brilliant job. I have taken to him big time. Hope he is our manager for years to come.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need to send a message on Wednesday. He should have the players prepared to die on that Saudi soil. Nothing less than winning the supercoppa is acceptable.

If we go out there playing the same old petrified way and lose out on a chance at silverware this season, he should be sacked at the end of the season. We cannot miss out on this cup. Go in all guns blazing, pressing non stop as a unit from the first minute and dominate this match. Start playing from the beginning not as zombies in the first half trying to claw back in the game in the second half.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are all these sane Milan fans whom he better prove wrong. His fans could also be Milan fans but not all Milan fans are his fans.

We have nothing to say while he has all the workload in the world to get done. And of course he gets paid for doing the work.

So go out and get the fucking job done, make his fans proud.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wish we had a serious owner so he could be sacked in the summer.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
pioli-is-on-fire-freed-from-desire.gif

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If he can’t inspire players he has to go. Cl spot is of paramount importance. Margin is so thin low. Pioli and management fucked around. So opposite to last 2.5 years

Schedule