Coppa Italia: Milan (2) vs Novara (1) 18/01/2012

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
The worrying part isn't that we had to go through extra time to beat Novara, of all teams...

The worrying part is that with the exception of Ambro THAT is gonna be our midfield for quite a while. Not really assuring, especially considering our upcoming schedule...

Merkel was piss poor. It is clear as day that he isn't ready and his return was rushed. And now we expect him to be our midfield savior :fp:

To think players like Aquilani and Boateng would be considered so crucial to the team. Thank you B & G for your oh so brilliant planning :thumbsup:

Agreed.
Especially about Merkel. It wasn't a very well thought out transfer.
It's as if management went for the easiest and cheapest way to alleviate the midfield problems.

I suppose we'll be seeing much more of those effective long-balls

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Goal.com rater must've watched El Clasico at the same time. Merkel 7.0?? Nocerino 7.0??????????

Merkel is my favorite Aryan, but he was average tonight.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
Full match highlights

The play @ 4:52 was nice
El Shaarawy could have had a couple more really good opportunities.
There were a couple moments when Robinho could've helped SES out but chose to pass to Pato or take the shot himself instead.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
I watched the First Half in Full before Work, then the full 10 minute Highlights of the entire game just now.

*El Shaaraway played 122 minutes and didn't stop running, showing nice runs, technical ability, and shooting.

*Pato could have scored 3-4 goals, but he looks SOOO much better playing with Robinho than with Ibra. FUCK.

*We dominated but couldn't score. We didn't play BAD. Just not putting the ball in. Guys don't finish. It's a problem.

*As for Merkel, he didn't play bad. For God Sakes, he came Yesterday. Give him a break. I do, however, think he's an ACM, not a RCM. He likes to roam and have freedom to run and use his energy. He, like Boateng, doesn't feel comfortable in a constricted position. Anyone agree?

Everyone else Solid, even Ambrosini played really well I thought.

Inzaghi was pissed I heard. Any details on that?

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
That was Merkel's first match for Milan this season, but I'm worried about him. He was poor. He was just able to make backpasses. He couldn't pass the ball to the front! He needs to fix it if we wanna go somewhere. He also looked the same player that left us months ago. Didn't show almost any of his Genoa improvement.

El Shaarawy, however, did extremely well. Really impressive for a player of his age. Deserves to play more, without a doubt. With Pato's injury (they say it's not serious, but it wouldn't surprise me if he misses some weeks) and Boateng's, I think it would be good to slot Robinho as a trequartista and let El Shaarawy play upfront with Zlatan.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I watched the First Half in Full before Work, then the full 10 minute Highlights of the entire game just now.

*El Shaaraway played 122 minutes and didn't stop running, showing nice runs, technical ability, and shooting.

*Pato could have scored 3-4 goals, but he looks SOOO much better playing with Robinho than with Ibra. FUCK.

*We dominated but couldn't score. We didn't play BAD. Just not putting the ball in. Guys don't finish. It's a problem.

*As for Merkel, he didn't play bad. For God Sakes, he came Yesterday. Give him a break. I do, however, think he's an ACM, not a RCM. He likes to roam and have freedom to run and use his energy. He, like Boateng, doesn't feel comfortable in a constricted position. Anyone agree?

Everyone else Solid, even Ambrosini played really well I thought.

Inzaghi was pissed I heard. Any details on that?

I thought it was pretty cool Ambro went in and got all those tackles, he had a really good game.

Pippo pissed? Oh well, he got a good chunk of time.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

9d9a1e56bac74823b291ffa47f6c12d1.png

d90c857e0703267c5d0040dea5ea8b2d.png

bde8db720c780358b1796b061609eb8a.png

FORMAT: MP4 / AUDIO: ESPAÑOL / VIDEO: 1100Kbps / Size: 800MB
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FILESONIC
-------------------------------------
1ert http://www.filesonic.com/file/NDDEsC7
2dot http://www.filesonic.com/file/CDDoG1v
ET(si es necesario)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPLOADED
1ert http://ul.to/qwunpf89
2dot http://ul.to/m0ldhk0r
ET(si es necesario)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILESERVE
1ert http://www.fileserve.com/file/MH2KTCz
2dot http://www.fileserve.com/file/Z5AnyGv
ET(si es necesario)

Credits: pachorriarte

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Pato didn't look better playing with Robinho than he does with Ibra, Pato came in the game at a moment where Novara were trying to get an equalizer (and then a winner), and you can see that they weren't defending much and they gave Milan a lot of space. Ibra & Pato don't get that [space] much together.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I weny offline at 1-1 as i couldnt get a working stream and was fully expecting us to have lost this morning when i checked but its nice to see we actually won.

There keeper played very well and made some great saves. It's nice to see Pato score and hopefully he will get back to form.