Danilo Luiz da Silva

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
DaniloJBG tell me about DANILLOOOOO

Can he play midfield? Or is it a role he should play? Scouting report please. Only seen him once or twice

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He did play RB all last season, but he says he prefers to play in midfield. He was changed to midfield this year but then returned to RB cause Jonathan (the average guy Inter seem to be buying) got injured.

He reminds me a bit Wendel (the guy who is in Bremen now I think).

From what I've seem he can do this occasional Maicon runs, but not all the time, he is not that explosive. He is more calm and composed and seems more confortable as RCM.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
agreed but using our 'potential' 2nd nonEU on a RB is not smart, especially when one of our only u25 starters plays there and plays well....

now if he can legitimately slot into midfield and perform there AND cover FB from time to time, different issue....

But i'm not sure. I know Santos has used him in midfield, but i was under impression he's more of the maicon/cafu/dani alves mold where you want them at FB.

Point being we need to make sure whoever our nonEU is, is someone in a position of need

agreed with tonyB: Zambrotta is good cover. At his age you don't want him starting week in week out, but when he's spot started he's been solid. It's only when fatigue sets in after consecutive fixtures we got problems.

I have heard he is kinda like Zanetti in a lot of ways, which I would be happy with. IT seems like Allegri really likes him too...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I have heard he is kinda like Zanetti in a lot of ways, which I would be happy with. IT seems like Allegri really likes him too...

I'm not interested in a player who runs forward 20 yards traps the ball and passes it back 10 yards and compiles no goals and no assists year after year while getting praised for being a tractor?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He did play RB all last season, but he says he prefers to play in midfield. He was changed to midfield this year but then returned to RB cause Jonathan (the average guy Inter seem to be buying) got injured.

He reminds me a bit Wendel (the guy who is in Bremen now I think).

From what I've seem he can do this occasional Maicon runs, but not all the time, he is not that explosive. He is more calm and composed and seems more confortable as RCM.

the only wendel i know plays for bordeaux... and of what i remember he is more a pure winger a la bastos

atleast from what i remember with gourcuff

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I think Sven means Wesley, former Santos player iinm.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I have no idea about Danilo,when mano launching his squad for copa?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not interested in a player who runs forward 20 yards traps the ball and passes it back 10 yards and compiles no goals and no assists year after year while getting praised for being a tractor?

Well that's just silly.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
G said " we'll see" for E92. Said the same for Danilo. And I have the feeling he uses these words when there's something serious.

Who knows. It Could be danilo our Mister X.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
G said " we'll see" for E92. Said the same for Danilo. And I have the feeling he uses these words when there's something serious.

Who knows. It Could be danilo our Mister X.

The REAL translation of that quote was "there are possibilities for Ganso, and as for Danilo, we'll see"

As I take it, he means we'll see if there are possibilities for him. Not, "we'll see if we sign him"

Slightly different meaning, but huge difference in reality.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
The REAL translation of that quote was "there are possibilities for Ganso, and as for Danilo, we'll see"

As I take it, he means we'll see if there are possibilities for him. Not, "we'll see if we sign him"

Slightly different meaning, but huge difference in reality.

no.

When asked about EL92 declarations (" I am a rossonero fan" http://www.calciomercato.com/prima-pagina/el-shaarawy-sogno-il-milan-967238)

G answered http://www.calciomercato.com/mercat...go-silva-resta-al-milan-non-torna-kaka-583630 " its a pleasure, we'll see"

So its the same and I tend to think that when G says " We'll see" it means theres something more than reciprocal interest.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
the kid's agent said juve is going to purchase him.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
jube's not buying 5 noneu players

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
no.

When asked about EL92 declarations (" I am a rossonero fan" http://www.calciomercato.com/prima-pagina/el-shaarawy-sogno-il-milan-967238)

G answered http://www.calciomercato.com/mercat...go-silva-resta-al-milan-non-torna-kaka-583630 " its a pleasure, we'll see"

So its the same and I tend to think that when G says " We'll see" it means theres something more than reciprocal interest.

The quote I read originally was differently worded. This is the problem with websites.

PedroBR

Primavera
Reaction score
He's not a full back, he's just very versatile. His original position is at the midfield.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
He's not a full back, he's just very versatile. His original position is at the midfield.

How would you subcribe him (as midfielder)? Because well, I don't know him really, and we seem to be linked with him?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sven... what do you think of this comparison... brazilian arturo vidal/mauricio isla? Seems like he can. A technically skilled worker, who is most comfortable box to box but can easily play other roles like FB?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
btw, danilo looks comfortable with both feet

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sven... what do you think of this comparison... brazilian arturo vidal/mauricio isla? Seems like he can. A technically skilled worker, who is most comfortable box to box but can easily play other roles like FB?

Yeah, a good comparision, maybe more of a Vidal than Isla. Did you watch how he dealed with Mier in the Libertadores final? Always left 1 x 1 and never fooled by Mier trickery or outpaced.

Anyway if you watch a whole game, it's strange but he doesn't do that marauding runs very often, though he got pace and explosion to do so. He preferes the ball on his feet and and is very calm. When he comes on the final third it's clear he got some quality, but he doesn't do it very often. This is why I think he is better suited to midfield.

Edit: I fucking hate this music.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah, a good comparision, maybe more of a Vidal than Isla. Did you watch how he dealed with Mier in the Libertadores final? Always left 1 x 1 and never fooled by Mier trickery or outpaced.

Anyway if you watch a whole game, it's strange but he doesn't do that marauding runs very often, though he got pace and explosion to do so. He preferes the ball on his feet and and is very calm. When he comes on the final third it's clear he got some quality, but he doesn't do it very often. This is why I think he is better suited to midfield.

Edit: I fucking hate this music.

yeah someone said 'brazilian zanetti' but I don't see that. From what youtube shows me, he's taken atleast 4 shots in his career. More than I can confirm Zanetti ever has

I really only saw him in final v. penarol. I liked his game. He does seem a natural fit for mezzala

Schedule