Ryan Babel

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Milan eye Ajax youngster Monday 16 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan are set to make a move for Ajax sensation Ryan Babel when the transfer window reopens in January, according to reports.

The 19-year-old forward, who has Surinam origins, is rated highly by former Milan star Marco Van Basten (pictured), who included him in the Netherlands’ squad for the World Cup in Germany.

“Babel has the potential to become the new Thierry Henry,” said the Dutch Coach recently.

Babel is a natural born winger, who could play next to Alberto Gilardino and Filippo Inzaghi and could also be fielded by Coach Carlo Ancelotti as a second striker.

Milan transfer guru Ariedo Braida has long since eyed the youngster and the club seems set to make an offer to Ajax in the attempt to bring Babel to Italy during the January transfer window, although his move may be postponed until the end of the season.

Ajax would be looking to net at least £5m for the player due to his importance to their Eredivisie hopes.

If Babel did make the switch to the peninsula he certainly wouldn’t be the first Ajax star to make the move.

The likes of Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have all previously traded life in Holland for a move to Italy.

source: channel4.com

I have only seen him play 2-3 times. He looks promising but not sure if he is good enough for milan. What do you guys think?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I've seen him play for the national team and I think he has bucket loads of potential. He really caught my eye against Bulgaria. Needs to work on keeping the ball a bit better. At times he does tend hand it over quite cheaply.

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
i would like it if we buy him but would we buy him in jan or next summer
he will get better once he start playing with the milan players he will add more wide play for milan

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
lately im starting to hate beeing linkend whit younger players,cause wee dont buy them:( its like they wanna tease us whit this rummors or what?:(

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
He has a good shot in his right leg. only 19 years old. but the new Thierry Henry ho ho hoooo... and i was hoping milan would like to sign a striker that can score.
Babel: Last season netted 2 times...This season 3 times (untill now)

What can i say more about him?
well he is selfish :head:. and like they say on channel 4 he is really a born winger.

I say let's get him!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UHi11S_Nnm8

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
i think he is a very talented player but he must improuve his shooting cause against albania he had some ridicolous shots :)

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
i think he is a very talented player but he must improuve his shooting cause against albania he had some ridicolous shots :)

You can't say he must improve his shot :tongue: you just judge him on one match ;)

He has one of the best shots in Holland
And againt albainia he played good! i almost forgot about robben...

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
any got a picture?????

rofl @ pussycatdoll's comment: "its like they wanna tease us whit this rummors or what?"

haven't seen him play at all...would be nice to get someone young though but then again we got oliveira and we should really rather consentrate on defenders than forwards...if milan absolutly wants to buy someone..IMHO i think we'll be fine this year with the players we already got!!:D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
thanx alot man,...:D

atleast he doesn't look lazy..:D if we can afford him :-)rolleyes:) he'd be great i guess..and people who have seen him play thinks he is awesome..so why not?

Pireloke

Banned
Reaction score
If I had to take an Ajax player I would prefer Huntelaar, but I bet his price went up a lot compared to last year, and he's already linked to Man Utd...

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Pireloke said:
If I had to take an Ajax player I would prefer Huntelaar, but I bet his price went up a lot compared to last year, and he's already linked to Man Utd...
yes huntelar is also great striker,but isn`t he very similar to pipo and gila :)

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
Hmmmm Babel always loved to see him play and knew he had talent and I would find it teriffic when he comes to Milan some young players who are bought and yeah good for the offence

Reaction score
AC_Wesley said:
well he is selfish :head:. and like they say on channel 4 he is really a born winger.

I say let's get him!

Actually, i wouldn't call him selfish at all. And he's definitely not a born winger but a born striker. The reason that he plays at the wing is more because of the lack of wingers both at Ajax and the Netherlands.

Anyway, Babel has a lot of potential to become a great striker. He has alot of fysical strength, he's fast and has a good unusual shot although that becomes too predictable sometimes. And his technique becomes better and better every week so it seems. But it is definitely too soon for a transfer to a big european club. Staying another few season at Ajax would be better for him.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
No thanks! Lets work with the current signings first!

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
thaumaturgy said:
Actually, i wouldn't call him selfish at all. And he's definitely not a born winger but a born striker. The reason that he plays at the wing is more because of the lack of wingers both at Ajax and the Netherlands.

Anyway, Babel has a lot of potential to become a great striker. He has alot of fysical strength, he's fast and has a good unusual shot although that becomes too predictable sometimes. And his technique becomes better and better every week so it seems. But it is definitely too soon for a transfer to a big european club. Staying another few season at Ajax would be better for him.

I don't give a shit what you think...welcome anyway ;) tell us something about yourself in the introduction part.
I still think he is selfish whatever will happend.
and i do agree with you man/women?. he still needs to grow! and i hope we will get him in 1 or 2 years

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC_Wesley said:
He has a good shot in his right leg. only 19 years old. but the new Thierry Henry ho ho hoooo... and i was hoping milan would like to sign a striker that can score.
Babel: Last season netted 2 times...This season 3 times (untill now)

I say let's get him!

yeah nice did he score agianst italy last year in a game in holland when italy won 3-1

mos-milan

_-_-_
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan 11,Joe Cole,Lampard,Makelele
I 've seen him play enough with Ajax!Very good player!Good dribbling skills and creates loads of opportunities!!!Why not???

KakaLegend

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi,Maldini,Gullit,Van Basten,baggio,
ajax old school and good talents players :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
i hope it is just a diversion from our main target... but even if it's him... i'll be fine... afterall i had to endure with Gilardino's inadequacy for over 1 season... and i doubt there is many around as terrible as him...

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i hope it is just a diversion from our main target... but even if it's him... i'll be fine... afterall i had to endure with Gilardino's inadequacy for over 1 season... and i doubt there is many around as terrible as him...

why are you so anti gilardino goals will come you can't blame him for milans last few games everyone has been below par bar the defence

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i'm not anti-Gilardino... i'm just not satisfied with his performances & the fact he is in the first 11 by default & not by merit... and it is no point blamin' the rest of the team... many of them at least can be praised for previous good work in the past few games so they can be pardoned... while Gilardino has done nothin' even worth mentionin' at all...

lastly... let's not get out of context of the thread...

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
i'm not anti-Gilardino... i'm just not satisfied with his performances & the fact he is in the first 11 by default & not by merit... and it is no point blamin' the rest of the team... many of them at least can be praised for previous good work in the past few games so they can be pardoned... while Gilardino has done nothin' even worth mentionin' at all...

lastly... let's not get out of context of the thread...

well its clear you hate him for some reason only the defence can be praised no one else, gila will score if he get better service so your happy how the midfeild has been playing lately then who else would you praise

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i will not discuss Gilardino in this thread... he has his own thread where you can discuss him... this thread is about Babel...

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
AC_Wesley said:
I don't give a shit what you think...welcome anyway ;) tell us something about yourself in the introduction part.
I still think he is selfish whatever will happend.
You don't? Well you've come to the wrong place then. We people here respect others' opinion and expect them to do the same. It can't be a one way traffic. So watch your language.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
At present, I don't see us using wingers. We sure could do with some pace, but I don't see Ancelotti using onw (winger) anywhere in our MF. If he's expected to score goals i.e., play as a striker, I don't think he's upto it - yet.

Schedule