The epic of Dzeko

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Dzeko would be great to have, but I would like to see us sign Oscar to compliment him.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Dzeko's agent coming to Via Turati today? Are we finally seeing the epic come to a possible end?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Why we should get Dzeko:
  • He is a Milan fan
  • His favorite player is Sheva
  • He is a tall CF with pretty good technical ability and that's exactly what we need after Ibra's departure
  • He is willing to take a paycut in order to join Milan
  • His love for the club should motivate him to do great things here (see Inzaghi)

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
^where do u come up with this stuff??

You act like ur his best friend

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why we should get Dzeko:
  • He is a Milan fan
  • His favorite player is Sheva
  • He is a tall CF with pretty good technical ability and that's exactly what we need after Ibra's departure
  • He is willing to take a paycut in order to join Milan
  • His love for the club should motivate him to do great things here (see Inzaghi)

:lol: he really is a bit of a donkey. when a centre forward is at times laughed at for his poor touch in the PL, then he's really not that technical. He's a good player, but nowhere near close to Zlatan. Believe it or not he's close to bendtners level:lol:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We wont get him anyway. The coach prefers dzeko. Milan will buy tevez.

Probably less expensive too in the long run and less risk since with dzeko milan will have to remodel the midfield and buy a quality fullback. The later is a fools cause for galliani.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
:lol: he really is a bit of a donkey. when a centre forward is at times laughed at for his poor touch in the PL, then he's really not that technical. He's a good player, but nowhere near close to Zlatan. Believe it or not he's close to bendtners level:lol:

I know that is what you would wish but simply not true. When he was tearing up Germany, United in CL and PL at the start of the season you would have loved him at Arsenal I'm sure. The guy got dropped for no apparent reason and then loss form as he was in and out of the team.

Right now you would take him before any of the scrubs on your roster to make up for RvP's departure.

He isnt Ibra, wow, no CF is. His ability is more than fine or a CF and if we get a playmaker he will do fine if he comes.

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I know that is what you would wish but simply not true. When he was tearing up Germany, United in CL and PL at the start of the season you would have loved him at Arsenal I'm sure. The guy got dropped for no apparent reason and then loss form as he was in and out of the team.

Right now you would take him before any of the scrubs on your roster to make up for RvP's departure.

He isnt Ibra, wow, no CF is. His ability is more than fine or a CF and if we get a playmaker he will do fine if he comes.

I havent watched him too much in Germany, but like most I was aware of his reputation and when City bought him, I thought they bought a world class striker. But I have watched him play for City alot. I was disappointed in hos slow and how inconsistent his first touch was. He was not as good as i thought he was. There is a reason why City want to sell him. mancini has said Aguerro is his nr 1 striker and its clear why as he is their best player. After that its Balotelli. Dzeko did have alot of chances and never convinced.

And no i wouldnt take him as we have bought a player with similar profile in Giroud. Tevez as a player is class above if he gets his head right

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I havent watched him too much in Germany, but like most I was aware of his reputation and when City bought him, I thought they bought a world class striker. But I have watched him play for City alot. I was disappointed in hos slow and how inconsistent his first touch was. He was not as good as i thought he was. There is a reason why City want to sell him. mancini has said Aguerro is his nr 1 striker and its clear why as he is their best player. After that its Balotelli. Dzeko did have alot of chances and never convinced.

And no i wouldnt take him as we have bought a player with similar profile in Giroud. Tevez as a player is class above if he gets his head right

I kinda agree with you.
I was really disappointed with Dzeko the few times I saw him playing for City (never watched him in Germany). Very poor in some basic skills, first touch specially. He should do much better at least at shielding the ball, taking long balls and setting runners...

He is a finisher afterall... A box striker. Get him a lot of service, crosses and he will score for you.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Kun is their number 1 because he is the most consistent. He is very talented but he too has his struggles. The winner for the title plus his great professional attitude has placed him firmly in the top spot but Yaya then David Silva are their best players. The strikers got rotated a fair bit. I think Dzeko's biggest issue was when Mancini dropped him after his hot start to work Balotelli back in the team.

Well we will see with Giroud but Wenger has been swinging and missing for some time. I think he and most likely Podolski may not make it.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
He is a finisher afterall... A box striker. Get him a lot of service, crosses and he will score for you.

thats the point. Milan cannot find another Ibra-type of attacker who would +- combine both finishing and creative roles. We had a nice tactical potential with Ibra---> ex: if midfielders can't pass decently, do their job and make them score.

The only player resembling the most to Ibra is Tevez. a combination of 9-10-11 roles + good work rate (ball touched) decent passing, power and agressivity

thats why allegri will choose him. Our coach like his midfielders to score and move alot and Tevez can ensure that.

Having Dzeko would imply other type of midfielders and IMHO a completely new formation...

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
thats the point. Milan cannot find another Ibra-type of attacker who would +- combine both finishing and creative roles. We had a nice tactical potential with Ibra---> ex: if midfielders can't pass decently, do their job and make them score.

The only player resembling the most to Ibra is Tevez. a combination of 9-10-11 roles + good work rate (ball touched) decent passing, power and agressivity

thats why allegri will choose him. Our coach like his midfielders to score and move alot and Tevez can ensure that.

Having Dzeko would imply other type of midfielders and IMHO a completely new formation...

Tevez is brilliant....only one problem. he's insane:lol:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I kinda agree with you.
I was really disappointed with Dzeko the few times I saw him playing for City (never watched him in Germany). Very poor in some basic skills, first touch specially. He should do much better at least at shielding the ball, taking long balls and setting runners...

What you saw and wrote about Dzeko in EPL is true, but the Dzeko from Bundesliga was an absolute killer!! He has btw amazing stats vs Man Utd, both as City and Wolfsburg player. Also, let's not forget that Dzeko was the top scorer in the EPL 11/12 during the first 8-9 rounds (if memory serves me right). A good player, but far away from Ibrakadabra

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you saw and wrote about Dzeko in EPL is true, but the Dzeko from Bundesliga was an absolute killer!! He has btw amazing stats vs Man Utd, both as City and Wolfsburg player. Also, let's not forget that Dzeko was the top scorer in the EPL 11/12 during the first 8-9 rounds (if memory serves me right). A good player, but far away from Ibrakadabra

That's cause players have more space and time on the ball in Bundesliga than in EPL. Under pressure, Dzeko seem to show some technical shortcomings.

Though I've no doubt he would achieve good numbers in Serie A if he play in a team with creativity and width, capable of feeding in the box, like City can do.

But I'm not sure he will get that at Milan, specially if the idea is to partner him with Pato.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
That's cause players have more space and time on the ball in Bundesliga than in EPL. Under pressure, Dzeko seem to show some technical shortcomings.

Though I've no doubt he would achieve good numbers in Serie A if he play in a team with creativity and width, capable of feeding in the box, like City can do.

But I'm not sure he will get that at Milan, specially if the idea is to partner him with Pato.

Well, if Milan opt to go for Dzeko, that would require a new style (no matter if/who we bring in, we'll have to adapt a new style now that Ibra's gone).

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Not really true mate.Yes Allegri likes his cm`s to score,but he doesnt want to relly on one man for the creativity in the team.His a guy that likes a compact team.So im sure he would prefer Dzeko+Sahin,then Tevez+all the headless chickens in the mf.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Not really true mate.Yes Allegri likes his cm`s to score,but he doesnt want to relly on one man for the creativity in the team.His a guy that likes a compact team.So im sure he would prefer Dzeko+Sahin,then Tevez+all the headless chickens in the mf.

in short, he want a normal team. creative midfielder + finisher striker. midfielder passing and strikers scores. like a normal team should be.

he's done with ibra's era. creative striker and finisher midfield. which failed to give milan title last season.

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Im not really into us signing him. There are more important areas to take care of

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Im not really into us signing him. There are more important areas to take care of

There re bunch of things we need to fix and good striker, poacher is one of them.

Who knows is pato going to be healthy and how ll he play.
Binho is hit and miss, pharaon is too young to depend on him.
What ll happen with cassano is big ?

Most of them are SS or wingers in this or that form.

Dzeko s strong, tall( we cant count on crosses with tevez), can keep the ball, can hold bigger,stronger defenders, binho, prince might have more space....

Imo he can be great for seria a with his charateristics, just i hope we dont overpay him.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Manchester City are demanding €31.5 (£25) million for Edin Dzeko after rejecting an approach from AC Milan to sign the striker on a season-long loan.

just rumours probably

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Yes dzeko we can!

Schedule