Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What id like to see first is us regaining our play style. Whether it’s Pioli or Italiano or RDZ or whoever, we need to decide at the top level who AC Milan is. I think we’re still going forward with the ‘European’ play style of the high energy, fast, direct, high pressing football. That should give us a shortlist of coaches we can target that proved they can play like this and develop young players. I wouldn’t be surprised if post Pioli we end up with a coach nobody ever heard of and it works.

Eventually I’d like us to land on 433. It’s the most balanced fit for the way we want to play and for the players we currently have. Klopp started with the 4231 but eventually changed to 433 for balance. Bennacer and Tonali CANNOT play together in a pivot without a third player helping in midfield. It was hard with Kessie, and even then it didn’t really click until Krunic was the AM.

I think we should keep raising Chelsea, and the best target for us is Loftus-Cheek. Have a feeling that he’s just the right player to complete the midfield trio. He’s halfway between an AM and a CM, he’s physically strong and fast and technically great. Very well rounded. On his last year of contract, although they can extend him another year. In any case I think we need to have 6 or 7 good central midfielders and right now we only really have 3. Adli and Vranckx need time, and Pobega isn’t good enough.

we’re so close to having an almost perfect squad, but it will need major investment and risk taking this summer to make all the pieces fit.

For the squad we need Sportiello, and Italian LB backup and another CB (Ndicka or Omeragic).

For the first team we need a CM and a RW. I want CDK up front as a false nine. Maldini once told Ambro that this is how they see him long term. It’s sad that we haven’t tried him there yet. With Leao and an equally direct counterpart in the right, we could have a very dangerous and mobile attack.

I don’t think we should stick with the back three, a Defence of Maignan, Theo, Tomori, Thiaw and Kalulu needs to be fixed. It’s the perfect mix of speed, height and aggression for the way we play. We’ll regain confidence once the whole team starts to defend and attack as a unit.

i have no idea who that direct RW could be. Maybe we just play CDK RW and get Thuram as the CF? I don’t know, but what I do know is that I don’t want to see another season where our first and second choice CFs are 36 and 41 year olds. No matter how good they are, they just can’t do what we need our CF to do and it breaks our press and we can’t counterattack. It needs to stop and we have to move on.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa

God I loved him that year
Kevinnnn

We also had flamini in that team

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@brk did pioli ever had an attacking philosophy? Last couple of months has caused me amnesia
We used to. I mean chaos worked. We won a title by destroying opposition buildup. That was the foundation of Piolismo. We don’t need intricate patterns or play because when we got the ball, the path to goal was a straight line and we had the best players that can run in a straight line.

This season we stopped pressing effectively. Our counterpress was pathetic. Teams slice through us. Many reasons for this, but it’s the biggest difference to last season. Everything started collapsing as a result, tactically and mentally.

We can’t attack any other way and Pioli clearly has no idea how to attack other than catapulting the ball to a tree up front.

So yeah, Pioli can attack with chaos, but without that he’s lost.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those gambles are actually good. Young , physically superior with good technique then we hope they can develop. It’s like nfl qbs you try to hit the jackpot the rate of hit is < 10%. I am all for cdk, thiaw, Adli kind of bets but we should play them
I thought the window was good and I still do. I’m just sad that Pioli has decided to win at all costs and started playing Giroud every minute, and refusing to risk anyone making mistakes. We don’t need to win this season, the point was to keep developing. Made the whole year a big wasted opportunity.

His job was to reduce pressure, and focus on development over results. Ended up making everyone so stressed we lost the team spirit we had built over three years.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was talking today to a Portuguese guy who is in the sports sector and played for Sporting (in gymnastics) and he said that Leao is insanely talented but his father is a dick and he was the guy behind the idea of leaving Sporting so abruptly (which came back to bite him). He said Leao has a mental issue that he needs to overcome but then he said that he is very young and has all the potential to become a star.
there was alsot a taxi driver that gave Berlusconi transfer and tactics advice once.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
I thought the window was good and I still do. I’m just sad that Pioli has decided to win at all costs and started playing Giroud every minute, and refusing to risk anyone making mistakes. We don’t need to win this season, the point was to keep developing. Made the whole year a big wasted opportunity.

His job was to reduce pressure, and focus on development over results. Ended up making everyone so stressed we lost the team spirit we had built over three years.
Window was bad because our midfield is fucked.
Orig I is trash.
Cdk is taking too much time to adapt.
Adli feel bad for him but I haven’t seen a bust like that

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can someone give me a re-cap of the last 9 days? I know nothing except that we lost vs udinese 3-1 :fp: Why is this team like this? It's embarassing really...

It's like we lose control and any sense of organization in our game overnight.

Tonali and Bennacer are all of a sudden isolated completely, the defense runs around the field creating open gaps for the offense. The wingbacks are not providing any support offensively or defensively.

We've been very shit in 2023. I hope Maldini is looking at summer alternatives to Pioli because I don't know if we can ever make another step forward like this

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Pretty sure most of the members here back Milan. We praised MMM endlessly for some of their masterstrokes (Mike, Theo, Kalulu, etc.). Likewise, it's OK to criticize some of their terrible signings. That's all. Criticizing them doesn't mean we, all of a sudden, want the team to fail. That should go without saying.

Anyway, hope this international break helps us get over this slump. I want a new attitude from the players and new ideas from Pioli.

Exactly.

Look I’ll be honest, I was somewhat optimistic with the Adli/CDK signings because I felt that these 2 players would cover the 2 wholes of last season which was AM/RW. I was thinking that Pioli would use both of them in the same lineup interchangeably in those position.

I wasn’t too happy with the Origi signing either because I felt we needed a better striker but I was expecting him to be a better fit for our team than Giroud and take over the mantle temporarily this season. I didn’t expect him to be this poor.

So my biggest worry would have been Kessie’s and Romagnoli’s replacement which were 2 gaps I felt we didn’t address in the summer market as I didn’t expect much from the Vrancxx/Thiaw and actually Dest signings. Thiaw was a nice surprise but the other 2 felt like fodders.

I expect 2 signings to come good, one okay (Origi) and 3 fodders. Ergo not a bad Mercato, but not a good one either. Just average or actually below par considering we came off a title winning season. I was not happy with the fact that we did not get a proper Kessie/Romagnoli replacement or a proper striker at the start of the season. I wasn’t happy with the Messias extension either. But I was happy about the CDK/Adli and even Origi signing seemed OKAY to me at that point in time.

So far it has been 5 fodders and only 1 good signing, which is Thiaw. So the market is overall a disaster.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok however many months you want to count...stack it up against the two plus years.

It would be silly to get rid. Also folks need to understand he's hardly had any investment.

Our strike force is giroud ibra and origi lolz.

He's been working miracles.
Sure, but on the other side of things i think in 2023 we have like the 2nd or 3rd worst defense in the league.

I guess that can be considered a miracle as well

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Window was bad because our midfield is fucked.
Orig I is trash.
Cdk is taking too much time to adapt.
Adli feel bad for him but I haven’t seen a bust like that
LuQ7NNI.png

I don't think it's fair to blame this on the players. Pioli clearly has an issue with the players we got. It seems almost like intentionally spiting Maldini for the window. Why would we buy players and almost entirely underuse them? This is not normal.

The new guys played a combined 3849 minutes. Kalulu alone played 77% as much as those 6 new players COMBINED. This is crazy. You can't blame the players. You can blame Maldini for getting players Pioli didn't want, or blame Pioli for not playing them, but you can't blame the players for not being good enough when we haven't really seen them play. Especially not Vranckx and Adli.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s not bennacer problem that he can’t form a partnership with tonali. Those two simply dont go together. We said this for months.

And btw it’s not like tonali has been good this season, he just seems to understand pioli’s terrorism football a little more than benna
problem is you can't put those 2 in a 2man midfield. You need another player in the middle

I feel like we've been talking about this shit since beginning of the season

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ladri are 7 pts behind despite 15pt penalty. It’s not unrealistic for them to finish above us even with penalty upheld.
In my mind first and second place are Napoli and Juve.

We're fighting for third and fourth with Inter, Lazio and Roma.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bennacer--Bakayoko--Tonali is the only solution i see to these fucking holes between midfield and defense

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure most of the members here back Milan. We praised MMM endlessly for some of their masterstrokes (Mike, Theo, Kalulu, etc.). Likewise, it's OK to criticize some of their terrible signings. That's all. Criticizing them doesn't mean we, all of a sudden, want the team to fail. That should go without saying.
That concept is a little too advanced for most here. You are not allowed to say a single bad word about anything or you are a fake fan.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bennacer--Bakayoko--Tonali is the only solution i see to these fucking holes between midfield and defense
yes, Baka can be our only savior right now since they didn't care to replace Kessie
Also I hope Pioli will try CDK at RW instead of these 2 bums he prefers currently before he sacked

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Replaced a forward with a CB when he was desperate for a goal. It was glorious.

We should definitely get him next season, give the guy what he wants, just get him...
Said no one ever... Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule