• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Would you all spend the 13 mill to get De Zerbi and continue with Messias or would you spend all 13 to get the Chilean winger for Pioli to still play Messias all of next season?

These are the eternal struggles of Milan right now

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Gerry thinking :- "Getting a new coach from a club will involve paying release clause. Even if we get one of the free agents, the top ones will need double of Pioli's salary. In case we find a cheap guy, he will demand some new players for his system. If somehow we convince the new cheap coach to accept the current squad, minimal wages and force him to play an unfamiliar system, then there is no guarantee that they will do better than Pioli.
Btw, forget all this.. We need to pay Pioli compensation till 2025. Piolismo Resta."
giphy (2).gif

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Paul?

Laughing LOL GIF - Laughing LOL Haha - Discover & Share GIFs | Funny gif,  Laugh, Funny short videos

I blame @SecondStar for this, but I’ve just been so upset lately with what our management and Pioli is doing. No actions taken to correct this fiasco. I’m livid.

I still have faith in Maldini, he’s done a tremendous job to help us win the Scudetto last season. But he needs to do better when it comes to selling players. I love Maldini and I still think he’s the right man.

Pioli though, fire him now!

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

The only one that cares

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Would you all spend the 13 mill to get De Zerbi and continue with Messias or would you spend all 13 to get the Chilean winger for Pioli to still play Messias all of next season?

These are the eternal struggles of Milan right now
aahhh,

i miss the mafioso style.

They could've saved 13 mio by:
1. Sendin Dead Horse's head to Tony Bloom (Brighton's owner)
2. Held one of Pioli's son in captive until he resigned
3. Or just shootin and shootin

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really hope that Pioli finally settles on a 4231/343 hybrid. It would effectively keep most of the good elements from our best days, but allow us to defend as a 5 when we're under pressure, giving us a tall CB like Kjaer or Thiaw in the middle to help Tomori and Kalulu. When we shift to a 4231, Kalulu slides over to RB, Saelemaekers shifts up to RW and CDK moves into the AM space.

This works because it needs those three players to be highly versatile and able to play those two roles perfectly:

Kalulu RCB and RB (Calabria can probably do this)
Saelemaekers RWB and RW (Messias can also do this)
CDK RW and AM (Brahim can also do this)

We have the players with the versatility needed to play this way. It solves our big problem right now in that we need to protect the defenders, by adding typical CB in the side to deal with aerial threats and set pieces. We can defend in a 541 block, which makes sure we can stay narrow and not be too threatened with crosses. Allows Theo to be naturally protected by the 3atb. Leao won't worry about defending since he'll always have someone behind him if he loses the ball. We stick to a midfield pivot of Tonali and Bennacer but it's safer because there's one more defender behind them and the wingbacks cut inside more to occupy vacant space.

343 is a natural progression of the typical Pioliball. The 352 was way too different and we clearly had no idea what to do during the game. We need to attack with our wingers and our best player. Deciding on a strategy that doesn't involve Leao was tactical suicide.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Important tests in the next 48 hours for the injured players of #Milan in view of Tottenham
- #Maignan doesn't do all the fieldwork yet: try but indentation unlikely
- Bennacer still not ready, Champions League difficult
- hopes for Tomori
- Ibra is ok... bench with Toro?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Important tests in the next 48 hours for the injured players of #Milan in view of Tottenham
- hopes for Tomori

God help us...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
- hopes for Tomori

The impotence.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not playing this game made us lose quite a few good players, apparently. Not sure why we're so hellbent on never overpaying agents.

Aren't there new rules about agent commissions anyway?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
There's a triplete winner waiting around, a guy that's won 3 cls in a row and a guy that's won 1 cl but you keep twerking for pochettino for some reason, a certified tottenham loser.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- hopes for Tomori

So you're telling me Scaroni was wrong on one of his public statements?

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ancelotti has won 4 trophies in 2022. He's 2nd in the league with let’s face it, a decent amount of points. Barcelona have been just way too solid. He’s also in the Copa del Rey SF and still in CL. They’ve been slumping a bit but still win most of the time. Ancelotti has also received minimal backing compared to lets Barcelona for example. Ancelotti is under threat.

Pioli on the other hand, we are out of Coppa. We are 6th in the league. We lost 5 out of the last 6 games in comical fashion. Have the worst defensive record in 2023. Pioli’s job is 100% safe 🤡

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

Ancelotti has won 4 trophies in 2022. He's 2nd in the league with let’s face it, a decent amount of points. Barcelona have been just way too solid. He’s also in the Copa del Rey SF and still in CL. They’ve been slumping a bit but still win most of the time. Ancelotti has also received minimal backing compared to lets Barcelona for example. Ancelotti is under threat.

Pioli on the other hand, we are out of Coppa. We are 6th in the league. We lost 5 out of the last 6 games in comical fashion. Have the worst defensive record in 2023. Pioli’s job is 100% safe 🤡

real is a way bigger club with different expectations. after a disastrous month, we are still within reach of the top 4, which was always the goal. also padre has received minimal backing too.:o

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
real is a way bigger club with different expectations. after a disastrous month, we are still within reach of the top 4, which was always the goal. also padre has received minimal backing too.:o
He actually received some exciting new players, but he chose to ignore them.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Minimal backing? Maldini has backed him plenty of times already even after very heavy defeats. Pioli in return thanks that with benching Leao twice and putting Messias RCM. I have no idea why Pioli is so desperately trying to do everything wrong. This is really GP level of managing.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Minimal backing? Maldini has backed him plenty of times already even after very heavy defeats. Pioli in return thanks that with benching Leao twice and putting Messias RCM. I have no idea why Pioli is so desperately trying to do everything wrong. This is really GP level of managing.

I think he means on the market

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
He actually received some exciting new players, but he chose to ignore them.
kids/fodder/filler from worse leagues? they are most definitely shit and not exciting. hell.. our most expensive signing hasn't even managed to score a goal this season, but of course that's on pioli because he doesn't use him as a RW.:lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kids/fodder/filler from worse leagues? they are most definitely shit and not exciting. hell.. our most expensive signing hasn't even managed to score a goal this season, but of course that's on pioli because he doesn't use him as a RW.:lol:

Fair enough but I don't think the quality of the squad is the real issue here. At least it doesn't make sense to me because I don't think Kessie is the difference between being 1st or 2nd in the table for 2,5 years straight and such the shitshow we're witnessing since 5 weeks. We've even been up there right behind Napoli without Kessie until the WC break (well, not right behind in their necks but close enough to still hold hopes for a Scudetto fight).

When I look at our games now the team looks like it's not following Pioli anymore, they don't seem to believe in him and his instructions. I think he's loosing the team if he hasn't already, and that's very hard to fix and is a way more logical explanation to why we are playing historically bad instead of one missing player (okay, two with Maignan) compared to the team that won a Scudetto only 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule