The Rumour Commode XLI: Ragnarok

New 23/24 home kit

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffstein

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
@Hitchens The thread title has been very spot on so far, I think thread title for the upcoming period should be “Nihil Verum, Omnia Licita”

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I still can't get over Maldini's sacking.
I usually don't get emotional but I feel really sad these days.
It is sad that the club that you have loved so much over decades is now in the hands of someone whose intentions are suspicious.
It is sad to follow a faceless club.
I always laughed at Inter because they never had a real hero. Their face is a mediocre defender. But now I feel like we have lost our history over night.
I don't trust the club owners.
I don't feel like to support it as long as these fuckers own it.
I am depressed.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Jackie boy. Well done!

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Okay, ow. Unnecessary.

The thing that I don't like is that... You're talking to me as if I was a Pioli hater from the start. I was a huge believer in Pioli before. I praised him to high heavens for what he did here, to the point of ridicule here.

Fine, let's say that all the players are bad. CDK is bad. Vranckx is bad. Adli. All of them (except Thiaw) are bad. Great. Let's assume that, now, two questions:

(1) does one bad transfer market justifies Pioli having this bad a season? And (2) Does it justify him being out-performed by Lazio, who had far less resources than he did?

There are countless metrics that Pioli has failed at, from before, in particular his athletic training staff, where Milan was consistently the most injured side, which harms his ability to even use players, but again, my view is: if you had to fire one of them, then I think Pioli should have been the guy, because I don't think he was dealt enough of a transfer blow to justify his Serie A performances.

But let's go back to this: if Thiaw was the only good player, why did it take until 2023 to play him? If Pioli was so burdened by bad players, why did it take an injury crisis for him to finally play Thiaw? CDK didn't seem to need an integration period, he was played from the start.

I'm not "clamoring" over players, I'm not a CDK defender, lol. But CDK was a Moncada pick, and Moncada is the one who is now in charge. Adli, probably a Moncada pick. So... I just don't get how you can excuse so many systematic failures of Pioli's reign and boil down Maldini's evaluation one transfer market, when Pioli gets an entire season to succeed or fail. And he finished being Lazio.

Every SD who has ever lived has had a stinker for a transfer market. And maybe Pioli just had a bad year this year? Okay, fine. But if you're going to say "give Pioli the benefit of the doubt" then... why doesn't that extend to Maldini? All the superlatives you use on Pioli could equally be used for Maldini, as would the "benefit of the doubt earned" quotient that you give Pioli.

The metric we are judging is not whether we sustained a title charge, because we didn't. As you pointed out, we did stay close to Napoli, and then faded. Why? Injuries played a big part, right? Again, Pioli finished behind Lazio. A team with less resources, less quality, and worse players. How is that the fault of Maldini that Pioli doesn't know how to beat relegation teams?
This wasn’t a performance based decision or yes they would have fired Pioli as well.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Am I the only one who always liked Jack and thinks he could have stayed as a good squad player for us?
see...id be careful there if i were you, you're stepping in a dangerous territory :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one who always liked Jack and thinks he could have stayed as a good squad player for us?
FSptbGqWQAMBuGK.jpg:large

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know what the hell happens to Juve with Fiorentina winning or losing?

I want to see Juve in Conference League next season and I need to know which outcome to root for

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
When are we going to the Messi theme park? Directly at the opening or later to avoid mass crowds?
the one in china?
They said it would open for how many years now?

But yeah expect us on opening day. We need to be the first two!

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I still can't get over Maldini's sacking.
I usually don't get emotional but I feel really sad these days.
It is sad that the club that you have loved so much over decades is now in the hands of someone whose intentions are suspicious.
It is sad to follow a faceless club.
I always laughed at Inter because they never had a real hero. Their face is a mediocre defender. But now I feel like we have lost our history over night.
I don't trust the club owners.
I don't feel like to support it as long as these fuckers own it.
I am depressed.
Stay strong bro . #TheProcess will amaze everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule