The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are we in 2026? Also I never said guaranteed to win. No one can guarantee it. I said around that time we’ll be one of the favorites, along with a handful of other teams.

Based on current trajectory, do you still believe that?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I guess I’m the only who has hope on CL.

You guys are acting as if if we are relying on the impossible.

Dortmund are playing in Germany against a shaky PSG team who has been terrible sub-part away from home in CL for a couple of seasons now.

And a good Milan team can beat Newcastle.
I still don't understand what is so special about the Newcastle side. Their roster looks like something that belongs somewhere between 6th and 10th in England. We should beat them regardless of what happens in the other game.
Dortmund are shaky too. Their roster is not impressive either. I don't see the new Haalands, Bellinghams, Dembeles, etc. They look weaker than usual which makes our total of 1 point against them pretty lame. Dortmund-PSG can go any way.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I still don't understand what is so special about the Newcastle side. Their roster looks like something that belongs somewhere between 6th and 10th in England. We should beat them regardless of what happens in the other game.
Dortmund are shaky too. Their roster is not impressive either. I don't see the new Haalands, Bellinghams, Dembeles, etc. They look weaker than usual which makes our total of 1 point against them pretty lame. Dortmund-PSG can go any way.

They have a good coach. They went toe-toe with Bayern last season because they have a proper system in place. Their coaches is maximising the abilities of each player.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still - he would never be this good playing here. Our mistake is not finding quality after he left.

I don't actually believe that. I think he played roughly how Leao is playing for us....he showed up for some games and for some he was anonymous.

We have a team full of potential WC players. Sadly, none of them can keep that level going. Look at Maignan and Theo this year.

These are the types of players that go to a different team and instantly become better.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
What has made this bald clown so arrogant my god
pioli-scudetto-stefano-pioli-scudetto.gif

positivity force

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
careful now.

Your brand is going to be ruined any day now. :lol:
I thought our Positivity Czar - turned renegade had branded me long ago

No matter - I never thought we were ahead footballing-wise and I always railed against this notion of everything magically coming together with a set group of players. Life hardly ever plays out that way, you have to make it happen and many times we simply chose the easier route. People were always hoping our rivals fell instead of us climbing up and destroying them which is very odd.

Now I am not saying Inter cant collapse financially and be demoted but if they are living on a prayer and still finding ways to make their team compete for top titles, I surely could respect that more as a fan than my owners not going for it while they spend on everything but my club.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I don't actually believe that. I think he played roughly how Leao is playing for us....he showed up for some games and for some he was anonymous.

We have a team full of potential WC players. Sadly, none of them can keep that level going. Look at Maignan and Theo this year.

These are the types of players that go to a different team and instantly become better.
Maybe true - under a different coach here and a more competitive environment he may have elevated his play but personally I dont consider him that good technically and the move further back definitely helped him. For me he had a short period of doing really well here but before that he was maddening. I would put him below Mike, Rafa Theo and Kessie who all sustained their level for a longer period of time. Kessie dipped with his contract and then reverted, the others fell off when things started to sour.

Inter is partially fueled by not winning in awhile and that seems to be a big driver for Hakan in particular.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought our Positivity Czar - turned renegade had branded me long ago

No matter - I never thought we were ahead footballing-wise and I always railed against this notion of everything magically coming together with a set group of players. Life hardly ever plays out that way, you have to make it happen and many times we simply chose the easier route. People were always hoping our rivals fell instead of us climbing up and destroying them which is very odd.

Now I am not saying Inter cant collapse financially and be demoted but if they are living on a prayer and still finding ways to make their team compete for top titles, I surely could respect that more as a fan than my owners not going for it while they spend on everything but my club.

Well I am unambitious so I am okay with how owner is doing things :lol: as long as other factors such as stadium improves while we maintain a MVP (minimum viable product). To me that is Top 4 + CL knockout rounds if we are in a reasonable group.

If the plan is to moneyball, fine, at least moneyball "correctly". Don't turn into Ray Charles when your team have to pay more (or over their evaluations) just bc the person who made those mistakes is Maldini and act like the said mistakes aren't detrimental to a team that is already held back by lack of spending.

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
We are not going beyond 1/2 finals in EL, don't delude yourselves. This on the back of countless injuries and baldness induced frustration on local level.
Just concentrate in Serie A, take the sweet 3rd place and get the fuck off my club.

D

Deleted member 24225

Dortmund are playing in Germany against a shaky PSG team who has been terrible sub-part away from home in CL for a couple of seasons now.

I also won't give up until the final whistle. Everything is still possible, don't be such pussies :o

Also, I'll maybe open the match thread to guarantee a win for us :proud:

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Schurrs is out for the season with an ACL.
I rate this guy very highly. how bad does that injury effect a CB?
Surely he can be bought in the summer for half the price that teams were being quoted in the summer of 2023.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Not the only one there is a slim chance but still a chance. Granted Dortmund must beat PSG and Milan can beat and really should have beaten Newcastle already.
I hope Dortmund are on their game and PSG turn up with an arrogant attitude meaning Dortmund win.

Milan really shouldn’t be in this position they should have beaten both Newcastle and Dortmund in the first games - but it is what it is slim chance but better than no chance at all.

If PSG do win I would rather Milan skip the EL it’s a distraction they do not need. I would rather they focus on the Scudetto.

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Winning the Europa League really isn't as easy as some of us like to think it is.

I blame Galliani on the "Europa League is like relegation for big clubs" comment
Europa league isn’t for milan and milan isn’t for europa league… ffs seville, juve and inter are that competition’s most successful clubs

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I am unambitious so I am okay with how owner is doing things :lol: as long as other factors such as stadium improves while we maintain a MVP (minimum viable product). To me that is Top 4 + CL knockout rounds if we are in a reasonable group.

If the plan is to moneyball, fine, at least moneyball "correctly". Don't turn into Ray Charles when your team have to pay more (or over their evaluations) just bc the person who made those mistakes is Maldini and act like the said mistakes aren't detrimental to a team that is already held back by lack of spending.
Yup - I was going to write that I should relax and wait until stadium is in place or new ownership

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky is reporting krunic refused to warm up during the match day over the weekend. Who would have known: first one to publicly stand up against pioli is his favourite boy…
Krunic refused to warm up?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Loaning gabbia was a silly move in hindsight and tbh I never understood why we did it.

Okay maybe I did because it probably helped unlocked the Chuk deal I suppose but yeah, I didn’t see the need otherwise
Gabbia needed to play week-in, week-out. Not just to develop, but also so we can assess what sort of talent he really has to see what sort of ceiling he has. Maybe he becomes an asset to sell? Maybe he is a late bloomer? He wasn't going to get significant minutes here.

Pellegrino getting such a serious injury in his debut appearance really sucks, on top of that being one of the worst spots to bring him on. Feel bad for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule