• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Suma said we are working for Miranda and Kelly but he doesn't know if we will bring them here in January or in June, he said for sure something will be done in January. We hope Leao will play few minutes in Bergamo and then he can play from the start at Newcastle. He said we really tried for Arda Guler but his family pushed for Real so we bought Popovic which we believe is a similar talent. We want to keep Maignan for many years
Anyone else think the Mike renewal totally revolves around us being competitive on a sporting level as much as what we can offer him financially?

With the names sniffing around him can we meet his demands on every level???

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4cbd4e76-d123-4bc0-8036-c9de3142e933_text.gif
Can I put my name forward to facilitate putting Gerry's head in a boat and save all the fucking about with horses lol..

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With another window like the last one we wouldn't be at over 2 points per game, which isn't even bad at all. We are roughly were this squad should be, without the summer window the likes of Napoli, Roma might have much more of a shot at us. Edit: I mean Roma now have Dybala and Lukaku, sure Pioli is an advantage over current Mou as well but without adding the likes of Pulisic, Reijnders, RLC this gets pretty close fast.

Maldini in his interview defended CDK like it was his idea, I mean not 100% proof but certainly also not a disproval, though he might just take general responsibility. I personally always thought we overpaid significantly for CDK. CDK is a case were that can be said somewhat objectively since he had weak stats for the kind of league he played in and went for a record sum. I don't think it is unfair to say that Maldini´s last summer was holding the squad and Pioli back, at the same time he also has to get credit for building the squad before. I don't have a problem praising and criticizing him at the same time here.

Maldini surely had a lot of power in signings, what I meant is not his role but how he signed and was allowed to sign players. Something that points in that direction are his comments on the algorithms for example. Also Maldini usually preferred a low turnover strategy which isn't necessarily good or bad in itself but could be a factor in itself. I think that Redbird wasn't convinced by him but gave him a shot because they respected his achievements or - if you are more pessimistic - gave it a shot because they hoped he would be good for them as well.
If you think this squad is where it should be, in 3rd place, in Serie A, that that position is its ceiling, that is where I fundamentally disagree with you.

We've had the supposedly wonderful window under new management and we are worse than we were last year, points-wise in the league, CL position-wise, and injury-wise. Even if we improve our league position, we are likely to be worse-off in the CL (I hope we progress, of course), which will hurt us financially. Our injuries also impact our sporting prospects, whilst severely altering what priorities (and what resources) we have for the winter transfer market. I don't exactly see this grand improvement.

I disagree with you on many things, but most importantly, Pioli has to take more responsibility for the problems that have been put onto Maldini's shoulders, because he's not here anymore.

We still are showing the same worrying signs of play that existed in the first half of last season that I did not recognize as a problem last year--and maybe it changes this year? Maybe we grind out things and hit form again? I hope we do. Even great teams do that, but again, all the work done in the summer and tactical shifts have been abandoned (like the previous year under Pioli) where we have reverted to dribbling, individual moments rather than constructed plays (for the most part), an ad-hoc rotation system (mostly forced... by injuries) that has resulted in more injuries in-game, all while we have suffered more muscular injuries than ever before under Pioli.

An injury record, I'd like to add, that is worse under Pioli than it was under previous regimes.

I think this squad can do much better than it has, that's why I am upset. If I thought we were only a 3rd place team, I would be satisfied. I do not think that is the case.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Mike renewal totally revolves around us being competitive on a sporting level as much as what we can offer him financially?

With the names sniffing around him can we meet his demands on every level???
Reports seem to indicate that Mike likes being at Milan and wants to stay and that Milan wants to keep him.

I think the wrangling right now is in an awkward stage because... Mike's stats this year are... really bad, actually. There's also his need to display that he won't be getting injured as much, and I think that clashes with the fact that Maignan's value and profile is growing.

If you wanted to sell Mike, if he continues on this trajectory, it would be a good time to sell him.

It's a really tough spot, because I think both parties know that they are in an awkward spot for a negotiation.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
typical Maldini fan spin, as always.

Makes a claim about Paulo getting his character assasinated by the ownership to justify him taking a major dump on Milan

Gets example of Paulo going out of the channel to make ownership look bad when he’s made mistakes (character assasination)

“Well new management also signed players who don’t work out” (again absolutely 0 to do with original comment)

- yea but new management didn’t go on the news

“Nobody said Maldini is perfect, nobody is perfect” (once again, completely irrelevant)

:LOL:
*Paolo

ACM14061988

SAPL Winner
Reaction score
Lautaro and Dimarco are very close to sign new contracts with Inter. Lautaro 7 million, Dimarco 4 million. Dumbfries wants 5 million and the agreement is far away. They'll need more time to figure it out

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reports seem to indicate that Mike likes being at Milan and wants to stay and that Milan wants to keep him.

I think the wrangling right now is in an awkward stage because... Mike's stats this year are... really bad, actually. There's also his need to display that he won't be getting injured as much, and I think that clashes with the fact that Maignan's value and profile is growing.

If you wanted to sell Mike, if he continues on this trajectory, it would be a good time to sell him.

It's a really tough spot, because I think both parties know that they are in an awkward spot for a negotiation.
But if sporting success say isn't looking like a thing he'll achieve here, does that play into his decision... I'd say yes.

If the team, him included, turn things around, his value goes up so does the demand for him... If we can't satisfy, his and others, wants for some medals, do we just become that selling club we fear?

As you say it's an interesting one, with so much I certainty... It's kinfa worrying, just another thing on the Milan rollercoaster haha.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Who we thought Chukwueze was.

Grass is always greener on the other side…

We judge our player as a whole …ups and downs (how dare they have downs !)…while we salivate over HIGhlights of others.

Said this last season when Fik wasn’t having the best of times and being shitted on…even in that dark time, we could take a collage of dope interventions he made, change the face and jersey through AI and make the same people shitting on him say, “sell Fik and buy this guy”…

Thiaw was God last season…warned about his downs coming and should be normal … now he’s “shit”

I chuckled at the reactions after RLC monster performance vs PSG … some people kinda set their expectations as this is what we’d get every game from him. Those performances are once a season (twice, 3 times if lucky).

I’ll never get used to how unrealistic fans expectations are.

Ps: Chukwueze is not bad. Same for Jovic.
For Chukwueze, specifically, buying 2 RW was always gonna result in this kind of season for him …even worse, because the mini revival he is getting right now is because Okafor is injured, often…so he gets to get some minutes to build some momentum.
Pulisic has star power and was always gonna be ahead of him. Leaving him very little time to show anything.
Especially with a manager who is so bad managing the squad in terms of rotations.

Jovic, some of the same but worse … we simply don’t play his game…he’ll try to play Pioli’s only version of CF. Sometimes Ok, sometimes good, sometimes bad…but will never really show his worth (however much or little worth he has) under Pioli

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you think this squad is where it should be, in 3rd place, in Serie A, that that position is its ceiling, that is where I fundamentally disagree with you.

We've had the supposedly wonderful window under new management and we are worse than we were last year, points-wise in the league, CL position-wise, and injury-wise. Even if we improve our league position, we are likely to be worse-off in the CL (I hope we progress, of course), which will hurt us financially. Our injuries also impact our sporting prospects, whilst severely altering what priorities (and what resources) we have for the winter transfer market. I don't exactly see this grand improvement.

I disagree with you on many things, but most importantly, Pioli has to take more responsibility for the problems that have been put onto Maldini's shoulders, because he's not here anymore.

We still are showing the same worrying signs of play that existed in the first half of last season that I did not recognize as a problem last year--and maybe it changes this year? Maybe we grind out things and hit form again? I hope we do. Even great teams do that, but again, all the work done in the summer and tactical shifts have been abandoned (like the previous year under Pioli) where we have reverted to dribbling, individual moments rather than constructed plays (for the most part), an ad-hoc rotation system (mostly forced... by injuries) that has resulted in more injuries in-game, all while we have suffered more muscular injuries than ever before under Pioli.

An injury record, I'd like to add, that is worse under Pioli than it was under previous regimes.

I think this squad can do much better than it has, that's why I am upset. If I thought we were only a 3rd place team, I would be satisfied. I do not think that is the case.
In my opinion Inter are better at the moment player for player, might look different soon, they have a few candidates that could drop of big time over the next 1-2 years. I don't think they are massively better, they are also having a good season. Having them in front of us is no shame in terms of squad strength though.

Juve imo are the ones were you could argue that they should be behind us, but they have the advantage of no international games.

Napoli and Roma are slightly worse but not by much and it wouldn't be surprising if they did a bit better with the squads they have.

Lazio are underperforming most and imo also over-performed last year.

So yeah I think 3rd place is absolutely ok with that squad realistically, of course we want to be first ideally but that's true for every squad.

If we had fucked up this summer, which in my opinion we absolutely did not, we could easily sit in 5th place as well.

Regarding the rest I don't agree that we didn't rotate properly when it was possible, we even accepted playing weaker squads in CL for that purpose.
The squad has shown very good moments like GK-Giroud, or imo recently even Theo volunteering for CB, and bad ones like the Inter approach. We will see were that is going, but imo there is also no reason to be too pessimistic here, people are a bit quick to jump at every little shit like a facial expression in a snap shot.

I would actually agree that we could be better, but that doesn't mean that we are underperforming, in terms of converting our paper strength to the field we are in a perfectly fine range.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Berlusconi 2 has no money on his own so asks investors so he can pay off the debt. Didn't find them in the USA so Furlani goes to Dubai...

Meanwhile Milan can't go 1€ in red coz of it. Which is pure bs.

I'm living for the day AC Milan will be back to its normal levels. Natural habitat. Which is simply buying great players. The best ones there are.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
So more borrowing or involving other parties to cover his debts, and maximise his plunder... God bless America and capitalism.

View attachment 28500

And no one thinks this is a pyramid scheme that could crumble and see us fucked, again?

Hopefully the whole who's owns us and who's on control thing evens itself out and we can look at some consistency and true stability while getting the greenlight on the stadium and some sporting success ✌️
I'll wait for the financial persons to explain but this would be the second time its rumored he has been trying to find investors.

If he is struggling to pay the terms set by the Singers and struggling to find investment, how will he find better terms to repay the initial loan? Is he taking much more money and repaying over a longer time or is he selling off much more of his share of Milan, even though that is what they are trying to deny?

ACM14061988

SAPL Winner
Reaction score
Today Palomino, Toloi, Djimsiti and Kolasinac did not train with the team, at the moment Atalanta is left with only Scalvini as CB. Djimisiti and Palomino should be out, maybe Toloi and Kolasinac will play against us but they are not 100% healthy

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll wait for the financial persons to explain but this would be the second time its rumored he has been trying to find investors.

If he is struggling to pay the terms set by the Singers and struggling to find investment, how will he find better terms to repay the initial loan? Is he taking much more money and repaying over a longer time or is he selling off much more of his share of Milan, even though that is what they are trying to deny?

Redbird took around 550 mil loan from from Elliott at around 7% interest. The loan is guaranteed by the equity RB owns in Milan.

Now Milan is financially quite healthy so there would be no struggle to refinance the loan or sell some of their equity in Milan.

My guess is that they use the stadium approval to sell some equity at a higher valuation then they bought Milan at. So 550 mil plus 2 years of compound interest at 7% would mean that RB has to pay back 630 mil.

Let's say stadium approval allows them to get 1.4 billion valuation for Milan, especially as they are saying that will sell the naming rights very soon after the approval, then at that valuation RB can sell 45% of the club to get 630 mil in cash, that they can use to pay back the Elliott loan.

Or they can even sell a smaller amount of equity and just refinance the leftover part of the loan.

Last edited:

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Redbird took around 550 mil loan from from Elliott at around 7% interest. The loan is guaranteed by the equity RB owns in Milan.

Now Milan is financially quite healthy so there would be no struggle to refinance the loan or sell some of their equity in Milan.

My guess is that they use the stadium approval to sell some equity at a higher valuation then they bought Milan at. So 550 mil plus 2 years of compound interest at 7% would mean that RB has to pay back 630 mil.

Let's say stadium approval allows them to get 1.4 billion valuation for Milan, especially as they are saying that will sell the naming rights very soon after the approval, then at that valuation RB can sell 45% of the club to get 630 mil in cash, that they can use to pay back the Elliott loan.

Or they can even sell a smaller amount of equity and just refinance the leftover part of the loan.

There's a problem with these assumptions though. As an investor, I'd rather invest in a club BEFORE it's valuation goes up.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's a problem with these assumptions though. As an investor, I'd rather invest in a club BEFORE it's valuation goes up.
Yeah that's what I'd think... I'm no investment guy, but you won't get much return on your investment if you're investing when the valuation doesn't leave much upturn?

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Krunic requested to be sold
Dude thinks he's playing at Monza and that he's going to transfer to City
He was never good enough for Milan to start with, not even close, and he should kiss both hands to be so lucky that he can even set a foot on our training grounds

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Dude thinks he's playing at Monza and that he's going to transfer to City
He was never good enough for Milan to start with, not even close, and he should kiss both hands to be so lucky that he can even set a foot on our training grounds
I think it's a lot more likely he thought he'd be a bench player and mostly just chill in a cool city and get paid to train w better players, occasionally get some time and get some love for being a neat backup

Instead he's been given a lot of responsibility he isn't ready / good enough for, which most likely comes with plenty of stress. He's played for bum ass clubs all his life and then he comes to Milan where if you aren't on the fans good side you'll have thousands of them talking shit about you tagging you on twitter Instagram etc

I want him gone because of pioli s obsession with him but I do not blame him for saying "3m or let me leave"

He has a scudetto in his bio, legacy is doing well for a player of his level, no reason to go thru all this shit for the same money you'd get at a random Turkish club where they will kiss your feet and treat you like a star

LemonCookies

Andrea Poli Fan Club President
Reaction score
I think Krunic is a good player and a good guy. He's also a model professional, whether he wants a higher wage or not. And let's be clear, every player wants a better wage one way or another. I remember making this point some years ago on some Milan board, that I found it utterly ridiculous how fans were calling for Montolivo to voluntarily give up his wage, or for him to tell the club not to pay him, or for some other horseshit. The club offered Montolivo the contract, which by the time he retired with us, was like 30 or 40% smaller than when he first signed with us, and this was the contract that Montolivo accepted. The fault is with the club if we regret what we paid him. The same goes for Krunic. There should be approximately zero Milan fans annoyed with Krunic and how much we've paid him. It's good on management that we're not willing to offer him 3mil plus. If Fener are, then Krunic is free to leave, assuming Fener pays a transfer fee. This is normal footballing business. It's within everyone's rights to negotiate a deal that's best for them, as determined by them. Yes, the Dollarumma's of the world can fuck right off because their demands are unrealistic, making any negotiations a sham and in bad faith. Krunic isn't doing this, so he should be given some respect.

Anyhow, Krunic has played a lot of great games for us, and he very clearly loves the club, but it's time to move on and I hope this is settled amicably. He deserves this. Highlight of his being here was that random ass free kick he banged in against Verona a few years ago. I wish him well, cause the lad's gone.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone could get in as a minority owner, Red Bird uses that money to pay off the loan, then that minority owner could have some kind of deal to take majority ownership at a future date.

The club's value will continue to go up if the on-field success continues and the stadium is approved.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In my opinion Inter are better at the moment player for player, might look different soon, they have a few candidates that could drop of big time over the next 1-2 years. I don't think they are massively better, they are also having a good season. Having them in front of us is no shame in terms of squad strength though.

Juve imo are the ones were you could argue that they should be behind us, but they have the advantage of no international games.

Napoli and Roma are slightly worse but not by much and it wouldn't be surprising if they did a bit better with the squads they have.

Lazio are underperforming most and imo also over-performed last year.

So yeah I think 3rd place is absolutely ok with that squad realistically, of course we want to be first ideally but that's true for every squad.

If we had fucked up this summer, which in my opinion we absolutely did not, we could easily sit in 5th place as well.

Regarding the rest I don't agree that we didn't rotate properly when it was possible, we even accepted playing weaker squads in CL for that purpose.
The squad has shown very good moments like GK-Giroud, or imo recently even Theo volunteering for CB, and bad ones like the Inter approach. We will see were that is going, but imo there is also no reason to be too pessimistic here, people are a bit quick to jump at every little shit like a facial expression in a snap shot.

I would actually agree that we could be better, but that doesn't mean that we are underperforming, in terms of converting our paper strength to the field we are in a perfectly fine range.

Inters strength is the system they’ve been running with since Conte. When you have that, you can replace players likes cogs in a machine, and they’ve been doing that for the past few years. They also have Marotta who knows how to build a team. In reality player quality wise they’ve declined, and Izaghi is not a dominating coach like Conte. But its a subtle decline, they’re doing well because they have no competent competitors.

Milan on the contrary has no system. No proper team built with a structure, and we haven’t had one since the season before scudetto, when Pioli stumbled into the high press, play out the back 4231. He abandoned that almost immediately, now relies on individual play, switches formations casually, the fitness coach overworks players, we lack experience, etc. He had a system before, now its just guess work.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
julius-caesar-hbo.gif

Maldini is perfect
blood_angels_by_taz_mar_def3kf0-pre.jpg

Even in the future he's perfect... Anyone saying otherwise shall feel cold hard steal through their neck and the warm sensation of their own blood, flowing down their throats, drowning them.

Heathens!!!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Cardinale is looking for new capital for AC Milan: the reconstruction​

by G. Stragapede and D. Longo

Over the last few days, numerous rumors have bounced around Milan and the Arab market. Gerry Cardinale, number one of RedBird Capitals, as well as owner of AC Milan, together with the CEO of the Via Aldo Rossi club Giorgio Furlani, traveled, heading to the Middle East, in search of subjects who may be interested in injecting liquidity into the parent companies of AC Milan spa. The truth lies in the fact that Cardinale is really probing the Arab and Middle Eastern market, looking for possible partners or associates who can bring important economic resources to the Rossoneri side of Milan.

Yesterday, we reported that among the potential funds involved there is also the profile of Investcorp, a Bahraini entity that, before RedBird, had tried to acquire full control of AC Milan, buying it from Elliott. The fund (known, according to rumours in recent months, also for a possible interest in Inter) has already had the opportunity to speak with Cardinale. In fact, there have been several talks between the top management of Investcorp and Cardinale. Talks – it should be emphasized – that are not denied by the Bahraini fund.

CERTAINTIES – Let's start with the facts. First of all, Investcorp is a private equity fund (a category of financial investments through which an entity brings in new capital and, therefore, finances another company, through the purchase of shares and/or by subscribing to new shares, bringing new capital inside) so it is normal – as well as understandable – that it is interested in buying or joining other sports clubs. That is perfectly in line with their statutes. Secondly, RedBird does not have any kind of imminent maturity – given that Elliott's 600 million loan is due in two years. However, Cardinale's modus operandi pushes towards the possibility that he is looking for a way to reimburse (at least in part) the former fund that owns Milan.

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE FUTURE - But this is where the news comes. In fact, according to what has been gathered by Calciomercato.com, Gerry Cardinale's intention is not to sell, in the immediate future, his share of AC Milan's shares. The sale of the club, in fact, is a medium/long-term project of RedBird's number one. Rossoneri fans can sleep peacefully. The Via Aldo Rossi-based company will remain in the hands of RedBird, at least in the next period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule