The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nothing official....yet people are already waving goodbyes and making plans :proud::lol:

Imagine Pioli sticking next year aswell..or some random coach being appointed.

I saw the name Xabi Alonso a few posts ago..now thats a coach that would be interesting.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Mancini is a terrorist. Wtf is wrong with you man. Idgaf if he won the Euros with Italy he had Luca Vialli who everyone loved to balance out Mancini outbursts and moody behaviour. Has done absolutely nothing in club football in a decade.
So really if we can't get klopp or xabi then conte it is. No one else. Conte is good.

amanmilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I’ve seen Juventus 9 peat and Inter 4 peat in my life…

I’ve never seen Milan win consecutive league titles in my life let alone a 3 peat etc

We need Conte. I want to experience back to back league titles
But ac have always chosen Europe over league. Rather win a cl than back to back league titles like juventus

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Sacchi and Ancelotti only won 1 league title with us. So there goes your multiple Scudetti theory.

Sacchi and Ancelotti only won 1 league title with us. So there goes your multiple Scudetti theory.
Yea but they had a champions league title winning level teams. With limited resources conte is probably our best bet in the league and he shown to be very good in serie a. His foundations laid the ground work for inzhagi to further develop and grow into the monster team they are now.

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sempre Milan reporting reopening the negotiations for Good Morning

Milan have said they were willing to negotiate from the €35-40m price demanded by Torino, and to take on the defender’s recovery therapies meaning he would only be available to Pioli starting from March.

Milan Lab asking for him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Milan have said they were willing to negotiate from the €35-40m price demanded by Torino, and to take on the defender’s recovery therapies meaning he would only be available to Pioli starting from March.

35 mil to say good morning? He'll na

20 mil plus Colombo or else bye

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
35 mil to say good morning? He'll na

20 mil plus Colombo or else bye
They want to negotiate again, now they can take him for cheap but injured. It may be on loan with option to buy and maybe Colombo or Pobega.

But no confirmation from other sources yet.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Yea but they had a champions league title winning level teams. With limited resources conte is probably our best bet in the league and he shown to be very good in serie a. His foundations laid the ground work for inzhagi to further develop and grow into the monster team they are now.

Did you just say Conte and limited resources.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Baby Inzaghi also plays the same formation 3142/3511 as Conte so it made the transition easier. So basically when Conte fucks off we have to find another coach who can coach 3142/3511. Understood.

And please everyone else stop using 343 for Conte. There is a clear difference in formations he uses in Italy and England. There is enough evidence of this. Juve and Inter he clearly used 2 strikers both times. In England he went with 3 attackers. In Serie A he isn't going to sacrifice the midfield because the transition game isn't as high as it is in England where you use to be able to get away with a 2 man midfield. Also I know you guys love to go on about Conte's Chelsea he also had Kante who was basically 2 players in 1 so that helped him at Chelsea to pull it off. Also Conte 343 got exposed in England the 2nd time around because it wasn't new and everyone now knows how to coach against it.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
They want to negotiate again, now they can take him for cheap but injured. It may be on loan with option to buy and maybe Colombo or Pobega.

But no confirmation from other sources yet.

Nothing will happen.

It doesn't matter because Pioli is bringing in Kjaer and Gabbia anyway. We already have a better defender on the bench in Simic.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I'd take a few league titles with Conte.
League is what should always matters anyway.
When we are controlling it, the CL will comes eventually.
No coach will be given Carlo's treatment where its allowed to be shit in the league if you compete in CL.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did you just say Conte and limited resources.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Baby Inzaghi also plays the same formation 3142/3511 as Conte so it made the transition easier. So basically when Conte fucks off we have to find another coach who can coach 3142/3511. Understood.

And please everyone else stop using 343 for Conte. There is a clear difference in formations he uses in Italy and England. There is enough evidence of this. Juve and Inter he clearly used 2 strikers both times. In England he went with 3 attackers. In Serie A he isn't going to sacrifice the midfield because the transition game isn't as high as it is in England where you use to be able to get away with a 2 man midfield. Also I know you guys love to go on about Conte's Chelsea he also had Kante who was basically 2 players in 1 so that helped him at Chelsea to pull it off. Also Conte 343 got exposed in England the 2nd time around because it wasn't new and everyone now knows how to coach against it.
He is a proven winner. That's all matters.

Every coach needs some top players to win.

You pep could do well without a star studded team? If he coach biolis 2023 squad prior to our transfer window we would be around number 6 or 7.

Limited resources? Yes. Go look at his Rube team in 2011 to 2013 season. It's an average side. Yet they did the double. Yea now you will say it's cause they bombed out of ucl. So? We aren't going to go far in ucl anytime soon until we are able to make a couple of big money moves.

So conte for a year or 2 is more than fine depending on how he performs

Nothing wrong with a 3 5 2. We have serious issues vs teams that use such formations. Might finally learn a thing or 2 about countering it.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Momblano rose to serious stardom when he called, before any sentient being, Ronaldo signing for Juventus.

According to Pellegatti, he also called Conte leaving Inter at the end of the Scudetto season. Pellegatti also said Momblano isn't your typical attention seeker.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Conte. On one hand, he is a very good tactician with a clear plan, would instill discipline in the team, potentially keep the team fit. Overall, we will be very hard to beat as I strongly believe he will fix the holes in our midfield/defense.

I have reservations around his man management skills, if he would disrupt the harmony in the dressing room when things don't go well. Also, there is a very good chance that he will rub some of our players the wrong way and you may see some key players leaving the team. I also do not know how he will work with youth, as he tends to get ready-made players/in their prime who will be difficult to sell (due to age) after he leaves. Conte also has this toxic personality in some respects.

Not the most exciting name but at least he brings some guarantees. I would be okay with Conte if he does not bring drama, he will have to adapt to Milan's culture/vision more than trying to enforce his. If he can accept that, I am fine with his appointment.
I see it differently, I think Milan's culture needs to evolve again, there are many things about the current climate that restricts us from truly becoming a great team once again and it has to do with the nice-guy culture that has been brewing since the end of the Berlusconi era.

Conte is not a villain like he has been described , he is a serious person who can instill discipline and leadership into a team that feels like it is lacking it. Milan as a club will always be greater than any individual, including Conte so it will be up to the management to assess if he is the right person for the vision that has been stated which is to return to the pinnacle. If Ibra is behind the suggestion to hire Conte then he probably understands better than anyone what kind of person is needed for this group of players.

And referring to your first point, we are no longer a youth project, a lot of our players are entering their prime years aged 26 or so and I think Conte would be very happy to coach the likes of Theo, Tomori and Leao at this point in their careers. From a risk standpoint he is the best option available and if these players are serious about becoming the best then they would understand that a coach like Conte can take them to the next level if they put in the effort. If they cannot do that then all the better for Milan because we don't want anyone who doesn't want to reach higher and further than how they are now.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
He is a proven winner. That's all matters.

Every coach needs some top players to win.

You pep could do well without a star studded team? If he coach biolis 2023 squad prior to our transfer window we would be around number 6 or 7.

Limited resources? Yes. Go look at his Rube team in 2011 to 2013 season. It's an average side. Yet they did the double. Yea now you will say it's cause they bombed out of ucl. So? We aren't going to go far in ucl anytime soon until we are able to make a couple of big money moves.

So conte for a year or 2 is more than fine depending on how he performs

Nothing wrong with a 3 5 2. We have serious issues vs teams that use such formations. Might finally learn a thing or 2 about countering it.

We are in 2024. Why you keep referring back to a decade ago?

Also you're well out of your depth on this topic.

1) Conte never did the double at Ladri. Unless you mean the Supercoppa :ibralol:?

2) Conte and Ladri spent nearly 200m in those 3 years. Conte wanted more money in year 4 and they told him to fuck off.

3) I never said anything was wrong with the 3142/352. I just told people to stop saying 343 with Conte in Serie A when there is 5 year evidence he hasn't used that formation so why is he going to do it now. And explained why he uses 3 man midfield in Italy over the 2 man in England. He's not going to give up the midfield in Serie A. This is pretty much basic stuff most people should know.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
According to Pellegatti, he also called Conte leaving Inter at the end of the Scudetto season. Pellegatti also said Momblano isn't your typical attention seeker.
Momblano may be the real deal but his name suggests that he mumbles nonsense for a living so you have to forgive some of us for having a cynical first impression of him

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

Perfect profile for Pioli

Now we want him more after the injury

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Today Krunic came where i work. He told me he will always love Milan and Milan fans

IMG-20240130-WA0005.jpg

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can you link some exciting Conte tactics videos

Specially focussed on defensively sound football

I want to see a 2 hour compilation of tackles, interceptions, and proper marking
I'm not watching any videos or reading anything until I see some sort of confirmation

I still have a nightmare in the back of my head that the cockroach will outlive us all

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
what on earth has ibra earned in his managerial/advisory career so we can trust his input? any merit at all?

On one hand, milan fans criticize maldini for being a nepo baby

On the other hand, people are quick to put their trust in someone who's only successful stunt during the past few years is shouting "italy is milan" and going viral

:lol:
Ibra is lauded for bringing a winning mentality to the team by fans and players

and if that guy thinks someone like Conte is necessary to help this team grow, I think it deserves merit

Ibra has been in these players' shoes and knows which sort of coaches help propel his career forward

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Conte might be the worst thing that can happen in Milan;

- Defensive mentality, no show, no football, he's a glorified Mazzari
3 at the back = defensive boring football am I right?

This just shows how clueless you and most of the people waffling about Conte's playstyle actually are. His teams always scored a lot, especially in his most recent years. On top of that, they don't concede much either. God forbid we hire such a boring, defensive minded coach arghhhh.

11/12 Juventus: Scored 77 in 43 (1.79 goals per game)
12/13 Juventus: Scored 59 in 35 (1.68 goals per game)
13/14 Juventus: Scored 106 in 55 (1.92 goals per game)
16/17 Chelsea: Scored 109 in 37 (2.94 goals per game)
17/18 Chelsea: Scored 109 in 59 (1.84 goals per game)
19/20 Inter: Scored 113 in 54 (2.09 goals per game)
20/21 Inter: Scored 101 in 48 (2.10 goals per game)
21/22 Tottenham: Scored 72 in 36 (2.00 goals per game)
22/23 Tottenham: Scored 62 in 20 (3.10 goals per game)
Total: 808 in 387 (2.08 goals per game)

Now let's compare this to our 3 most successful coaches since 2000:

Pioli:
19/20: Scored 65 in 35 (1.85 goals per game)
20/21: Scored 112 in 53 (2.11 goals per game)
21/22: Scored 82 in 48 (1.70 goals per game)
22/23: Scored 79 in 52 (1.51 goals per game)
23/24: Scored 53 in 30 (1.76 goals per game)
Total: 391 in 218 (1.79 goals per game)

Allegri:
10/11: Scored 80 in 50 (1.60 goals per game)
11/12: Scored 100 in 53 (1.88 goals per game)
12/13: Scored 80 in 48 (1.66 goals per game)
13/14: Scored 43 in 27 (1.59 goals per game)
Total: 303 in 178 (1.70 goals per game)

Ancelotti:
Total: 720 in 420 (1.71 goals per game)
Under Champagne Carlo, with one of the best squads ever assembled we've only managed 2 times to score over 100 goals in a season out of 8.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
C
We are in 2024. Why you keep referring back to a decade ago?

Also you're well out of your depth on this topic.

1) Conte never did the double at Ladri. Unless you mean the Supercoppa :ibralol:?

2) Conte and Ladri spent nearly 200m in those 3 years. Conte wanted more money in year 4 and they told him to fuck off.

3) I never said anything was wrong with the 3142/352. I just told people to stop saying 343 with Conte in Serie A when there is 5 year evidence he hasn't used that formation so why is he going to do it now. And explained why he uses 3 man midfield in Italy over the 2 man in England. He's not going to give up the midfield in Serie A. This is pretty much basic stuff most people should know.
Conte is and always was 3/5/2 or a variation like 3 1 4 2 yes

Yea 200 mil and that bought how many players. It was mostly not expensive transfers. He bought players that suited his system.

Physical fitness was top tier under conte for every team he coched barring the latest stint.

I dint mean double in that sense. I meant he won multiple scudetti in a row. So yea.

And he made inter what they are now. Every top coach needs good players or atleast players that fit a system. Rather spend money to buy players that suit contest style knowing he can actually deliver.

Bioli with his 120 mil odd expenditure based on what he needs for the team has failed spectacularly so far.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i would welcome conte over pioli, but conte isn't the solution for this team

being succesful only domestically in this shit serie a, with minimal football world exposure, means our players won't shine and therefore sold for a maximum price during the summer, to fund mercati until the stadium will finalize

prizes for winning serie a will mean nothing to our balance sheet, progression in cl/new cl format/superleague in the real money maker, and conte won't cut it.
guy failed against the bald moron and couldn't conquer his tactics over 180 minutes. imagine how he'll fair against actual opponents.
the only candle to his name is in the team's skeleton, consistency, and mentality. inzaghi's inter is still riding on his 3atb system and continues to improve on that, and conte will assure a milan that plays in a consecutive system.
not like the pioli 5-0-5 show.

still, as i suggested during last summer, we should spend funds on getting a proper coach, even if it trumps over purchasing players. the budget allocation for a coach should be the first priority, as he can crap out wins and elevate the players abilities, which in turn will fund next mercati.
from this season we can clearly see 2nd place is at hand in this mediocre serie a, and pioli is basically just tripping over his own feet.
I agree the coach is the most important signing Milan can make this summer, they have to get it right

Conte was only really dominant with Inter domestically and only had an EL run to his name but that didn't stop him from turning Inter's known players into superstars wanted by half of Europe. Conte is probably one of the best managers at increasing player value if that is the goal

I can't entirely agree with the notion folks here are freely throwing around about him leaving clubs in turmoil. Literally, every club he has left has benefitted from the foundation he laid out during his tenure

He's not my ideal choice but I think he's a damn good choice to remedy whatever Padre has infected this club and players with

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Conte (besides his European record) is that his teams are always the complete opposite of the direction we have been going. The last few years we have been building a squad of young players, learning and growing together- Conte will want to rip all that up and sign guys in their 30s who will give him one or two good seasons before he walks away and leaves us again.
eh

Last summer's signing was mostly players entering their primes bar a few. I don't think it will clash that much

plus with the B team coming next season, players will still develop plenty regardless of who Conte prefers

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Today Krunic came where i work. He told me he will always love Milan and Milan fans

IMG-20240130-WA0005.jpg
He looks good. Will give him that much. But I am happy he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule