The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There’s a few things to point out that gets overlooked her a lot in terms of our right wing situation.

For one, it’s more important to piolis asymmetrical team to have both willing and effective runners on the right side and a lot of offensive quality on the left. Somehow we all recognize this but still don’t talk about it. There is a reason that Milan has three LW in Leao/rebic/origi even who all are better going forward than anything we can field at right wing. It is by design, the pressing system that we employ now is more effective and valuable than any individual player at this club right now. Look at rangnick playing another technically limited player elanga only because he was desperate for runners and people who press, pressing coaches need these players.

Salad runs like hell and is ok until he gets to the final third(generally at least). Messias when signed had some of the most tackles of any attacker in the league, and also great dribbling and running stats. That’s not to say they are great players, far from it, but this is not the banter era. They were signed and they play for a reason, not because they are cheap only.

Another thing is that this management simply values certain position groups more than others. This is very normal in American sports but I’ve noticed football fans think differently. They tend to only look at the starting eleven and key in on “weaknesses.” In nfl, many winning teams will invest more money into their backup offensive linemen while having a weak starting linebacker group, because quite simply the offensive line is more important to your chances of winning. Having a solid rotating group of center mids helped our title run a lot more than having a better starting right winger, got to break it to some of you. That’s how we dominate and control games.

Long post and it’s not to say Milan doesn’t need a better right wing. It’s clear we do. It’s just there’s logic behind why we have this situation. RW will get fixed in due time but we need to realize that for Pioli it’s more important to have depth in midfield and attack, it’s just the way it is.
I wonder who their "ideal" RW is. As a RB/LB backup player, Dest is fine. Expensive for what he is, and in that role, he's just another Dalot.

The one area where I actually am intrigued by him is by him playing as our RW. He's not a great defender by all accounts, but, he does run and work hard, from what I've read and what little I've seen on him, meaning he would do all the Salad stuff but just... with more quality.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Not great for us if dinamo wins… group will become even more competitive. 3pts will be crucial today

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wonder who their "ideal" RW is. As a RB/LB backup player, Dest is fine. Expensive for what he is, and in that role, he's just another Dalot.

The one area where I actually am intrigued by him is by him playing as our RW. He's not a great defender by all accounts, but, he does run and work hard, from what I've read and what little I've seen on him, meaning he would do all the Salad stuff but just... with more quality.
Dest can dribble very well. Not bad cutting in on his left either. I really want to see him there.

I think our ideal RW is Gnabry. Pioli seems to favor Messias over Salad, messias has that end product that Salad will probably never have. I won’t talk about some of their recent bad games, but over the course of their Milan careers, I think Salad is better in the first two thirds(transition, counters, drifting infield to create central overloads with the CMs, faster ball movement) and Messias is just better at finding the net, pinning a team deeper by making them drop off. Neither of them are great at it but this is me talking about what they do on their best day. So I think Pioli would prefer a Gnabry over a different kind of workhorse like say Mason Mount.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Textbook counter from Dinamo. 1-0.

Is Paramount+ buffering like crazy for anyone else? I'm pretty certain it's not my internet?

Not great for us if dinamo wins… group will become even more competitive. 3pts will be crucial today

Yeah I lost sound for a bit too. Commentator apologized for issues a few mins ago

ibra.gif

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Pssst.. initiate ritual sequence.
You can look at it that way, but I see Dinamo win as a big step towards 1st place. Chelsea simply isn’t that great anymore. Spurs level at best.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Who would have you got for that price?

But we’d also then be without an AM, which I think needed corrected before the RW. I know you said it wasn’t a bad purchase just mentioning my thought
I am ready to bet my ass that Adli at AM is much better than Sale or Messias at RW.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's just because he's not that good.
He can be amazing, he just needs to be in the right system. Chelsea? Man Utd? He would crush it as the DM in either team. Probably for Arsenal, too--they play a similar system to us. He probably could have been a strong addition for Real, and would better fit them.

Of all our free players, he's made the worst sporting move for him. Hakan made sense Inter, PSG seemingly want to force Donna to work even if everyone knows Navas is better, while Romagnoli looks comfortable in Lazio's system. But Kessie? Things change, of course, and I could be wrong--wouldn't be the first time, lol, obviously--but just such a weird move on his part.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i dont even mind salad, i just get that he doesnt contribute g/a but hope he can still improve but i mean hes an okay player to be a sub for a top club come on hes young

its messias i dont like starting for my ac milan

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
Primavera play sensible - I am pleased even though Salzburg scored.

Chaka - hit and miss but he did have a really good run and low cross.
He slows down the game to use his dribble which is fine but he isnt quick and fast enough to kill defenders, they usually can get back in the play to tackle or at least bother him.
Not sure if that changes as senior players may not be all quick even though they are bigger and faster over greater distance. Physically he doesnt stand out.
I wish he would play faster and force the opponent's momentum to be against them than mostly stopping and then trying to beat them flatfooted. He picks up positions well though

Cuenca has a good size and decent speed but I didnt see enough to have any idea about his game; he was cramping up and came off early and seemed upset about that which is good.

Coubis looks like he is going to be an intimidating one as he plays to his size and his mentality is that befitting of his stature.

Really night and day how they played today from the last time I saw them with Hauge Daniel etc - the quick passing, sensible long passing and organized defensive posture.
Refreshing
From what I've seen this year, it is still early to judge, Abate is still trying to find the style for the team, despite the system is being set, a sort of 433 with light CF (El Hilali). He seems very demanding of the players, which without a proper game plan can back fire. For example during Fiorentina game, he was angry with Omoregbe, a player I like a lot (he played in semi-professional level at 17 in Serie D with full grown men), he shouted at him during the break in front of everyone, substituted him and today he didn't play at all.
Coubis was there also last year, apart from the massive body build he is also very fast, I can see him breaking to the first team for some minutes this year.
Traore is much smoke without a fire, but if he gets more tactical awareness, he can grow, the potential is there. same goes for Cuenca, still has to be evaluated, as he played just 4-5 games yet, but he seems to dribble too much and try difficult things which don't always succeed.
I like also Rossi, and the RCB Bacoune, to be seen how they will develop. Also the new guys that arrived last minute will be interesting to see.
One issue of the team is that it lacks a strong striker like Colombo or Lazetic. El hilali si more a false nine and is very limited against larger defenders. Even if the point is not winning but developing talents, one comes with the other, you cannot lose constantly and fight relegation battles every year and expect to develop A team material.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I don't get how ppl can say CAM is a bigger priority than RW

Out of Diaz, Messias and Saele....who's the worst?

IMHO Saele, followed by Messias then Diaz.

Hence RW was the biggest priority.
Then factor in Pioli using Krunic to be a more defensive CAM and the most GLARING need becomes RW
What am I missing here :conf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule