• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
also italy still has a racism problem in some stadiums.
You sweet summer child. This happened to me in Milan when I was inside a church, with my wife standing next to me.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Bakayoko loan formula was really stupid. 15 appearances to automatically trigger a 15m option?

I wonder if they were able to play him more freely, would he have had an easier time to be more useful, not good, just... useful.

Fuck, things must be really bad when I'm wishing that Bakayoko could contribute.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nesta on how he would strengthen Milan: “I would fix the bench, because you can't always play with the same ones, and I would go all-in on the centre-forward. I hear people attacking Pioli and Maldini: pure madness. We need someone from the property to put their face on it and tell how things are"
What does that even mean?

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
"Hey Gerry. Our midfield roster already seems pretty thin, especially in the DM department. With Ismael's injury we should now definitely seize an opportunity on dead line day. As you know, we are in a bit of a rut and this will help us to reach a top four position and to secure your investment. Yes Paolo, that's a good idea. Please invest in a good DM, so that we may increase our options in midfield."

This would be a pretty normal conversation for any serious club in our situation, but here we are. FUCKKK!

fuck-you.gif

Reaction score
"Hey Gerry. Our midfield roster already seems pretty thin, especially in the DM department. With Ismael's injury we should now definitely seize an opportunity on dead line day. As you know, we are in a bit of a rut and this will help us to reach a top four position and to secure your investment. Yes Paolo, that's a good idea. Please invest in a good DM, so that we may increase our options in midfield."

This would be a pretty normal conversation for any serious club in our situation, but here we are. FUCKKK!

View attachment 14842
I don't understand Gerry's strategy here. He buys us for more than a billion and doesn't seem to be interested in it. Looks like something is fishy or money laundering

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
At this difficult moment, as real Milan fan, we should support the team instead of complaining around, especially on MMM and Pioli. Last year, the performance was beyond my expectation honestly based on the squad and expenses of the club. A top four finish is fair to me.
If the club doesn't have much money to inject, you can not expect the team to play miracles every year. It's not fair to blame MMM and Pioli if the club didn't want to match salary demands of plyers who left for free. It's a financial decision not the technical one. I believe the technical section of the club want all the important players to stay and high level plyers joint the team every year. But they can not as owner doesn't want to pay for it.
It's not comfortable to see important players left for free, but i believe MM learn from it because they thought too nicely to some players. It also happened to many players in other teams now days if you look around. So no much to say about it as long as they learn from it.
I think we should sign a mix of young and experienced players instead of too many young players which they are doing right now because i think young players will grow better with the help of experienced players in games. However, i respect their decisions as they are professionals and they know much much more for both technical and financial need, and they played miracles last season.
No argument please. Just personal point of view.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score

View attachment 14842
PM: "Hey Gerry. Our midfield roster already seems pretty thin, especially in the DM department. With Ismael's injury we should now definitely seize an opportunity on dead line day.

Gerry: I’ve heard of offense defense and special teams, what’s midfield? Stop trying to fool me, the team is fine. We just gotta play hard, give it 200%, and fight for every inch. It’s a game of inches man.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Contacts in these minutes Milan-Chelsea-Lyon to close Bakayoko's transfer to France: it's a race against time

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand Gerry's strategy here. He buys us for more than a billion and doesn't seem to be interested in it. Looks like something is fishy or money laundering
Gerry is just an asset manager for billionaires and anyone else looking to invest their money into Redbird’s ventures. He’s not like boehly/Clearlake group. He’s a bum compared to owners in Europe. I just hopes he puts shareholders’ investments to good use next mercato.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but the player himself came out against it on Twitter, you guys look stupid. This was like when Di Marzio tried to respond to Benzema about... Benzema.
Hey if this pushes Leao to sign it out of spite….

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Contacts in these minutes Milan-Chelsea-Lyon to close Bakayoko's transfer to France: it's a race against time

Oh like we believe it's going to happen... Come on!!!

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
leaked 23/24 away kit
also badge + puma logo are placeholders since footyheadlines cant put original logos in for legal reasons

6uy817d8xbfa1.jpg

6gx8b8d8xbfa1.jpg
Double helix representing CL dna embroidered into the kit just to miss top 4

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
At this difficult moment, as real Milan fan, we should support the team instead of complaining around, especially on MMM and Pioli. Last year, the performance was beyond my expectation honestly based on the squad and expenses of the club. A top four finish is fair to me.
If the club doesn't have much money to inject, you can not expect the team to play miracles every year. It's not fair to blame MMM and Pioli if the club didn't want to match salary demands of plyers who left for free. It's a financial decision not the technical one. I believe the technical section of the club want all the important players to stay and high level plyers joint the team every year. But they can not as owner doesn't want to pay for it.
It's not comfortable to see important players left for free, but i believe MM learn from it because they thought too nicely to some players. It also happened to many players in other teams now days if you look around. So no much to say about it as long as they learn from it.
I think we should sign a mix of young and experienced players instead of too many young players which they are doing right now because i think young players will grow better with the help of experienced players in games. However, i respect their decisions as they are professionals and they know much much more for both technical and financial need, and they played miracles last season.

👍
4faf036e-978f-4cde-9005-08024bc24edd_text.gif

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they want us to keep supporting, they shouldnt be playing like fking salt bags. Week after week.
The club has or had money, they just use it on the wrong players. I mean negotiating for almost 2-3 months with cdk and eventually bought him for 35m, and he is sitting more on the bench then he plays.
Adli, Thiaw, Vranckx, Lazetic, new gk same story.
Srry but I have no faith this season in the staff, and im affraid Leao is the next player who will walk out for free.
As the champion of italy you suppose to strengthen your team not weakening.
Romagnoli and Kessie left for free, who did we get in place ? Thiaw and Pobega. While our striker are 36 and 42 years old. Thats really good management if you ask me

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have heard this theory a few times. Where does this come from? Why would you publicly purchase one of the most visible and famous football clubs, during the hype after they've won a league title, to... launder money?

When drug dealers pour money into football clubs, like in Colombia, they brought more attention onto themselves and made themselves a bigger target for authorities. There's also the argument that they used their patronage of football clubs not just for laundering purposes, but for soft-power, to engender support from the people in their cities. Similar to what Abramovich did. Redbird isn't exactly engendering a lot of public goodwill with how they are running things, so I find those theories to be odd.

Also, the money behind Redbird is all... straight-laced and conventional. Like... the New York Yankees and pension funds, lol.

If Milan were doing the shit that, oh I dunno... Juve, or Inter, or Napoli are being investigated for, then I'd get the money laundering angle. You're inflating transfer fees, trying to hide your tracks, while getting investigated by authorities from different countries. But Redbird is just being... stingy. Cash has to be moving in order for laundering to work.

I would love for some consequence-free money laundering for some transfers right now, lol.

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The Bakayoko loan formula was really stupid. 15 appearances to automatically trigger a 15m option?

I wonder if they were able to play him more freely, would he have had an easier time to be more useful, not good, just... useful.

Fuck, things must be really bad when I'm wishing that Bakayoko could contribute.
I knew it was a mistake from the start but that 15 appearance thing makes it really terrible.

But probably Chelsea wouldn't have offered a favourable fee to loan him any other way.

Bagheera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So the club publically calling out Gazzetta Dello Sport for their bullshit fake rumours about Leao.

This should be done more often in my opinion so people actually realise how much shit these publications make up and truly how unreliable they are.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have heard this theory a few times. Where does this come from? Why would you publicly purchase one of the most visible and famous football clubs, during the hype after they've won a league title, to... launder money?

When drug dealers pour money into football clubs, like in Colombia, they brought more attention onto themselves and made themselves a bigger target for authorities. There's also the argument that they used their patronage of football clubs not just for laundering purposes, but for soft-power, to engender support from the people in their cities. Similar to what Abramovich did. Redbird isn't exactly engendering a lot of public goodwill with how they are running things, so I find those theories to be odd.

Also, the money behind Redbird is all... straight-laced and conventional. Like... the New York Yankees and pension funds, lol.

If Milan were doing the shit that, oh I dunno... Juve, or Inter, or Napoli are being investigated for, then I'd get the money laundering angle. Your inflating transfer fees, trying to hide your tracks, while getting investigated by authorities from different countries. But Redbird is just being... stingy. Cash has to be moving in order for laundering to work.

I would love for some consequence-free money laundering for some transfers right now, lol.
Berlusconi —> Yonghong was %100 money laundering cash out of China.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, he approved like 50M in spending last summer, which MMM either flushed down the toilet or lit on fire depending on your perspective.

Beyond that, he doesn’t have hundreds of millions of euros to invest in the club. He largely financed the purchase of Milan (through Elliott).

Honestly, it would be tough to augment the budget after seeing the results of the last transfer market lol

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I knew it was a mistake from the start but that 15 appearance thing makes it really terrible.

But probably Chelsea wouldn't have offered a favourable fee to loan him any other way.
He had went on a carousel of loans, to Milan, back to Monaco, to Napoli... where he had random spurts of showing his old self. You renewed him so you could loan him out, the guy has trouble with consistency and you give him 15 games to get up-to-speed? He took 15 games of shaky performances during his good spell with Milan to finally show something.

I think it was a relatively low-stakes risk to take. You were right about him not working out. Maldini and Guintoli both took a shot with him, I'm wonder what's the issue with him.

The Bakayoko of Monaco was a beast and I wish, especially now, that we could have that player right now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, he approved like 50M in spending last summer, which MMM either flushed down the toilet or lit on fire depending on your perspective.

Beyond that, he doesn’t have hundreds of millions of euros to invest in the club. He largely financed the purchase of Milan (through Elliott).

Honestly, it would be tough to augment the budget after seeing the results of the last transfer market lol
It’s not doing much this season but maybe in a year or two a couple of those signed in 2022 will end up making it? Im sure they’ll all improve immensely, CDK especially, but it’s strange to me how often I read things as if they’re just wasted, burned and lost causes.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So the club publically calling out Gazzetta Dello Sport for their bullshit fake rumours about Leao.

This should be done more often in my opinion so people actually realise how much shit these publications make up and truly how unreliable they are.
If you do it more often, you look like a whiner, looks like you pay way too much attention to the headlines, and the impact of you coming out against rumors becomes far less jarring.

Being selective about it, allows it to carry weight when you do come out, and can be a useful tool when you want to put support behind a player, manager, or whatever.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Holy fuck, how did the club spiral all the way back to “fine as we are?”

Say what you want about thumb force and the 3 man handshake, but at least those ugly fucks signed people.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berlusconi —> Yonghong was %100 money laundering cash out of China.
If it was, then it was Berlusconi doing the money laundering and he was/is being protected by his connections/influence in Italy and abroad. I am so, so curious as to know the true story behind Li. It's also a weird way to do it, like... if you have other money, you can go to England or Dubai, it's a lot easier that way, and you just sell off Milan to whoever.

Redbird and Elliott though? Unlike Li, they actually have, y'know, like... offices, lol, and track records.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Holy fuck, how did the club spiral all the way back to “fine as we are?”

Say what you want about thumb force and the 3 man handshake, but at least those ugly fucks signed people.
It's also all they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.