The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
If Baily regain his old form that will be scary. We will have two fast cb's.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
We also bought Kjaer as a injury prone player.Kjaer gave us so many great games, we need to give a chance to Baily too. Loan with option to buy is a no brainer. There is a lot of quality football in Baily. Thing is Ragnick start at manutd is not ideal,players are unhappy. Ronaldo already looking for new club, it's a bad atmosphere there. Pressure is enormous there ,overpayed players who play below their true potential.
Environment at Milan would help Baily a lot.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What I'm surprised with is that Rangnick wants to get rid of Bailly. I mean Bailly seems to have hit a pretty low point but type wise he should be one of the players more up his alley.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
You do not invest in ifs and buts
Oh, really? I guess you are born a winner,you never lose. Safe bet.
Well, football is like that risk vs reward. Real paid 100 milion for Hazard, he was not ifs and buts. That's life. Today he will play we will all see how.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Bailly? Really?

Out of all the fucking options, we go and choose the absolute worst one? I mean, how is he any better than our current options considering how much of a shambles he has been for United. Might as well keep faith in Gabbia and Kalulu ig fucking Bailly is the best they could come up with.

Also, his injury record and MilanLab are a match made in heaven.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Oh, really? I guess you are born a winner,you never lose. Safe bet.
Well, football is like that risk vs reward. Real paid 100 milion for Hazard, he was not ifs and buts. That's life. Today he will play we will all see how.
What are we...a rehab joint for broken players? Just because we got lucky with some doesnt mean this club is a magical place for every broken player to rediscover his form.

Bailly being a trainwreck signing can be seen from miles away just like how Pellegri was.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Our winter budget us LOAN. So...

Bailly is shit guys. For real.

Theres THE player Milan should invest into in the summer and thats cb Josko Gvardiol from Leipzig. Not Botman, Batman, Bremer...

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Omeragic, either now or Adli-eque operation and he come in the summer.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bailly was a good athletic defender in his early United days. I’d prefer diallo, that guy is so good at advancing the ball. But it has to be said if Bailly is just coming to take Gabbias minutes(with the hope he can stay healthy and regain some form). That’s not the worst deal.

Seems like di marzio was saying this is just a cover signing. Gabbia on loan to get valuable playing time so Bailly can take his low minutes is not a terrible move. It benefits Gabbia more to get that time, and Bailly is not a disaster as fourth choice cb. Do I like his injuries? No. But as usual you guys are instantly panicking over a player who likely won’t be here that long. And if he is it will be because he impressed here. So who cares?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another added perspective btw. Kjaer didn’t die, he will return next season. Tomori and Kalulu should be locked in. Gabbia has shown enough to deserve a loan, not permanent sale. And Romagnoli could still possibly renew. So all five of our current center backs could be on the books for next season.

It would be very foolish to rush into a decision on an important position when we don’t even know what we have. The wise decision would be to loan a new defender for 6 months. Then in the summer, see where Romagnoli is with renewal, see how Gabbia has done on his loan away, see where Kjaer is at physically, and see how Kalulu has grown as well, with Tomori the easily know presence. That’s a lot of question marks that will be coming up sooner than later. Taking cover and giving ourselves time to make the right decision is smart.

And I’ll emphasize I don’t like Bailly much right now or his injury issues, that’s the gamble. But on paper taking some cover for third or fourth option cb for a few months is not a bad decision. We can do worse than Bailly for that guy in the pecking order.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
vwxnvj2jz3b81.png

Salad better at dribbling than Leao (success %) :balo2:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Another added perspective btw. Kjaer didn’t die, he will return next season. Tomori and Kalulu should be locked in. Gabbia has shown enough to deserve a loan, not permanent sale. And Romagnoli could still possibly renew. So all five of our current center backs could be on the books for next season.

It would be very foolish to rush into a decision on an important position when we don’t even know what we have. The wise decision would be to loan a new defender for 6 months. Then in the summer, see where Romagnoli is with renewal, see how Gabbia has done on his loan away, see where Kjaer is at physically, and see how Kalulu has grown as well, with Tomori the easily know presence. That’s a lot of question marks that will be coming up sooner than later. Taking cover and giving ourselves time to make the right decision is smart.

And I’ll emphasize I don’t like Bailly much right now or his injury issues, that’s the gamble. But on paper taking some cover for third or fourth option cb for a few months is not a bad decision. We can do worse than Bailly for that guy in the pecking order.
"kjaer didn't Die" :lol: i used that line a few days ago discussing the situation.

and i agree with that. though if there is anything this management doesn't do, it's rushing decisions. or making uncalculated.
a purchase right now it's not only to fill in for Kjaer for 6 month but also for the outgoing Romagnoli.
obviously, not being inside there, all we can do is speculate. but it seems like betting on 5% to think that Romagnoli will renew... i mean, everything shows he won't be renewed. there have been clear signs of that from the first transfer window Maldini was in charge that he was looking for another kind of defenders that's complete opposite of Romagnoli.
and more clues keep adding every day, i can list a 1000 of them. from development of the situation to declarations of coach and Managment.
earlier @Kuroha posted this quote from Pioli earlier.

“We want a complete defender, that is, he must be able to win a one-on-one, he must be courageous and then he must be a good playmaker, capable of making the right choices when he has the ball. It won’t be a roaring market for anyone, but I’m sure we’ll find the right player,” he stated.

i believe in Gabbia's ability and think he has his place (maybe not). Kalulu is awesome but i doubt for the foreseeable future, i don't see them saying "ok we're not getting another CB, you're it now"... for now he'll keep being that great Swiss army knife he is. being RB &covering CB when needed...
(this is just me thinking out loud) it seems they want to add another profile to the CB stable. one that will fit perfectly with Fik in the future: a young Atheltic Kjaer. just lik

with that said, if that operation presents itself in January (like an Omeragic for example, as it's the talk of the moment here), why not anticipate....it'll no way be a rushed decision...it'll be a great anticipation. especially considering that youngsters like him are having a breakout season, so in june his value would increase if he continues doing well. which be increase even further there would be a lot more interested parties, and some of them like to throw money. other are german.
if not possible, then it is what it is. temporary it'd be.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we are loaning Gabbia it might mean we’re getting two CBs in January. Tomori, Romagnoli, Bailey and Kalulu seems too thin, unless they now see Kalulu as being primarily a CB for this season, with Florenzi at RB? Maybe.

I guess if that’s the case then Omeragic is the new CB in the summer, and all this Botman stuff and all the speculation was just random noise. I’m 100% sure we got Omeragic, and was hoping he’d arrive now. If we’re loaning someone else that means we’re getting someone to replace Kjaer temporarily and eventually Omeragic takes over in the summer.

Thinking about it some more 5 CBs for the rest of the season without Europe might be a bit too much, and a 4 of Tomori, Romagnoli, Bailey and Kalulu might be ok.

At the start of next season we’ll need 5 including Kalulu. That’s Tomori, Omeragic, Kjaer, Kalulu, Romagnoli or his replacement. Maybe that replacement is someone important like Botman, or maybe Gabbia improves (unlikely) and comes back.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Baily is what you get if you don't have money and can offer only loan
But it makes sense if Gabbia asked to leave

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
I can’t wait for the next game against Spezia. I love to be in the title race. It just makes every game day extra exciting as an Inter loss almost would feel as good as a Milan victory.
Forza!

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wtf Baily??? Kepp Gabia ffs.

Its like they want injury prone idiots and then cry how we miss players all the time.

Get Omeragic, kid ll be beast. Or Diallo. Or both (one now one in the summer) it they plan to ship Roma ass.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Bailly should be the back up for Kalulu if he comes.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

I'd understand the Bailly deal if we kept Gabbia. But I don't see how we're not signing another CB if he leaves?

Yes, Tomori has returned and soon Gnoli will as well. That's still only Tomori and Gnoli who are recovering from COVID, a fresh Kalulu and Bailly who's at a tournament lasting until mid February. On top of that we have Baillys injury history. I feel my pulse.

I'm not completely following, we're setting us up to be razor thin in the end of January/start of February. Unless we sign another CB too.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Yes to Baily. At Villarreal he was a beast. We can revive his career. Very similar tackling technique like Muntari. If he perform, Milan buys him if not he return to manutd.
You know who else played like a beast CB in Villareal? Matteo Mussachio

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
It will be Bonucci and he will be introduced prior to the Juve game: "we want to win 3-0 again like last year"

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You know who else played like a beast CB in Villareal? Matteo Mussachio
I wouldn't mind a younger Mussachio for cheaps. He was a good lad. I think that last injury kinda fucked him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule