fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic home with fever ahead of the game vs Milan :kalulu:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Definitely should be our number one target for CF position :

What are we supposed to see here?
Why is he on the wing? I thought he was a striker

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
This team, with its attacking talent and the adversity it has faced all season, should not be in a position to compete for the Scudetto with 5 matches remaining.

I’ll reserve my judgement of Pioli for a season in which he is actually given the proper tools. Management lost and didn’t replace his starting CAM, and they provided Messias, Giroud, Pellegrini, and Laz as attacking reinforcements. Hauge left with no replacement and Bakayoko was brought back to reinforce the midfield.

All in all, moments like yesterday are infuriating, but if you look at the big picture the guy has done a truly miraculous job.
R&B like to pretend like loyalty matters when a good player leaves but they have 0 loyalty to ppl who did good by us but are going through a difficult time. Pioli resta :o until next season at least

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
R&B like to pretend like loyalty matters when a good player leaves but they have 0 loyalty to ppl who did good by us but are going through a difficult time. Pioli resta :o until next season at least
You like to complain about r&b

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
The eyes of the #Milan on Reims-Lille at 19: on the field from 1 'the goal Renato Sanches

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Now this is what build-up means. Slowly but surely advancing the ball. No backheels, no fancy passes, no 1 vs 1, just simple football. The exact opposite of what we are doing.

These feckers do know that its a contact sport, right? Fecking go through sum1 you tossers.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Many here seem to think another CF would solve everything, I'm quite sure that's not the case. I do like Giroud, he's scored very important goals and won us big games and I honestly don't see him as the (main) problem (hate on me all you want). He's still got it, he's not useless. When he returned to France NT he immediately scored two goals, even if it was just friendlies, but none of the goals were easy tap ins or something, he did really well there. Then he returns to Milan and can't score again. He would be the problem if he missed easy/100% chances but that's not the case, he barely even gets any good opportunities, there's no service whatsoever and that is not on him. His flicks and quick one two passes worked very well in previous games, now they don't because our whole attacking play just sucks.
🥰
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
When Giroud blocked Tonali's goal bound shot, you kind of felt it wouldn't be our night.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Offside or not? From Mediaset, this happened after the game:

The images of the dubious case were shown to Mediaset immediately after the match. It was Graziano Cesari who showed them to Pioli, who was connected from San Siro.

"I'll show you the disallowed goal straight away," said the former Genoa referee, "look, referee Mariani is well placed. Inter's protests come for an presumed hands foul by Tomori that absolutely isn't there, it's chest, the images are clear. Then there's another situation with Kalulu running horizontally, it's very clear, but it doesn't prevent Handanovic from seeing the ball, even if he doesn't move he sees the ball pass".

Here Pioli blurts out, takes off his earpiece in irritation, then adds before leaving the studio:

"Tell me a goalkeeper who has absolutely no reaction after a goal conceded if he thinks his view was covered by an opponent. Handanovic doesn't even protest...".

Cesari continues the explanation:

"VAR sends Mariani to the screen. It tells him that Kalulu obscured Handanovic's line of vision. When Bennacer kicks, however, it are the Inter players who are hiding the ball: the ball passes between the Inter players, not the Milan players. The ball landed to Handanovic's left and he didn't move.

Cesari considered Mariani's decision to be highly dubious.

"I have a lot of doubts about this decision, it's definitely a subjective offside and interpretation, I'm not really convinced, the images from behind the goal show us that the ball passes between Inter players and the goalkeeper sees the directive."
I was informed the rule was clear. Apparently the rule is not so clear from these comments.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I remember we had deal with Faivre, but he was stupid. I remember it was at the end of merceto. We had money for him. He would secure two possitions with him. Our managment did not have other plan and we got cheap Messias for loan. Adli is different story. Lazetic came because we wanted have more money in summer merceto. In last summer nobody believe we would fight for first place. If somebody thought like that. Everybody would say he is delusional.

1. Adli was signed in the last days of the window...so we can reasonalby that (some of) the money we did not spend on Faivre was used to secure Adli, while loaning a "quick fix".

2. "Lazetic came because we wanted have more money in summer merceto." ...that's quite a simplistic way to put it.
nothing to do with Pellegi wanting to leave and had to be replaced by another young talent with potential? 1 for the future, which is essentially what Pellegri was.
and how does spending 5m (-5) end up with us having more money in summer? are we under the assumption that if we don't fully spend everything for a certain year, the club takes it back?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
why do you hate english?
Whenever @vB9 says "sum1":

simpsons-abe-simpson.gif

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passive offside is always an interpretation, I mean it is a soft disallowance that's without question. Is it a wrong decision to not give it ... no, is it bad refereeing to over focus on this element ... hell yes.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who the feck is this robin hood (Longbowman) guy? Every post I make the fecker is there to downvote. You know, I strenuously object to this new ESL but if the forum were to introduce sumthing that wud proctect established powerhouses from these feckers who have been in the door 5mins... thats sumthing that I wud most definitely agree to.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imo VAR would profit from a "in dubio pro red clause" for such cases = if there is reasonable doubt there shouldn't be any overruling.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Who the feck is this robin hood (Longbowman) guy? Every post I make the fecker is there to downvote. You know, I strenuously object to this new ESL but if the forum were to introduce sumthing that wud proctect established powerhouses from these feckers who have been in the door 5mins... thats sumthing that I wud most definitely agree to.
Who would ever downvote ur posts.
Point to such posts and i shall star all of them

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Calma calma kids.
We don’t need that plastic coppa of Italia. And FUCK PRINTER!!

Soon we will be Bahrain and we will be off much better than this season, which is just an ugly game.

Renato, Raheem and some Moncada wunderkinds will lift us up to the next level!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Coppa is over a double would have been wonderful but it is all about the scudetto. Move on please.

The three roles that have let Milan down this season are RW, AM and ST. Ibra is done his playing career is over OG has done very well but the service has been poor. Rebic and Leao are not natural Strikers.

The Scudetto would be a formality if RW and AM transfers had worked out better - this will be addressed.

Adli could be an option at AM but it would be best to have another to rotate with him. RW it goes without saying has been a disappointment all round two quality RW are required.

As for the striker roles OG can contribute but cannot do it alone Milan needs another Shevchenko/Inzaghi type a natural goal scorer.

With greater funding MMM will work wonders.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was informed the rule was clear. Apparently the rule is not so clear from these comments.

There is no question that Kalulu was offside, we probably all agree on that. The whole discussion revolves around the question: Did Kalulu actively intervene in that instant? This is where opinions differ.

Sure, you can freeze the picture at Bennacer's shot, draw a line between the ball and Handanovic, and find that Kalulu is on it. Clear thing then.

But you can also argue that Kalulu only crossed Handanovic's line of sight for a fraction of a second at best, and that three or four Inter players formed a veritable wall of vision to begin with when the shot was taken anyway. In that case, Kalulu could hardly have been accused of actively interfering in the game. It would have been a passive offside. That's why Pioli argued "have you ever seen a GK not protesting when conceding a goal while he thought his line of sight was obscured by an opponent?"

Even the commentator tended towards the latter interpretation. Every expert I have read so far has tended to do the same. In any case, there is definitely not as clear an answer as @MilanMB or @stevan would have us believe. It's at least debatable. If it meant that we could have come back? Who knows. Maybe not given our current inability to score. It would have been thrilling last 20 minutes nonetheless, that's for sure.

Be it as it may. This season is just like that: when it comes to 50:50 decisions, the refs tend to rule more against us. Unfortunately, some of those decisions have been far more influential than in other years. That's why people like Sam or Pingu keep digging them up over and over again.

Kilpin1899

Beginner
Reaction score
According to MilanNews, Rebic underwent a scan this morning to understand the nature of the injury but it showed that he has absolutely no problems, which raises questions about ‘very questionable conduct’.

Rebic has missed 16 games this season and yesterday he would have been called into question at the beginning of the second half to support Olivier Giroud in attack, with the golden chance to be able to reopen a match that had started badly after Lautaro Martinez’s brace in the first half.

Instead Pioli was forced to change his plans due to the sudden news that Rebic had reported a pain. The report adds that what is certain is that the former Eintracht Frankfurt man is ‘not new to questionable attitudes regarding his physical state’, always ‘preferring to take a step backwards than to take one forward’.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's like coming to the end of the season @Alo88 and the referee says: Do you want Scudetto? Call heads or tails.

And then, it's all a coinflip. These decisions ultimately impacted us, and others profited Inter, to the point that even if we've fucked up a number of points lately it can decide the Scudetto in Inter's favor. That is what's upsetting about it, that all of these blatantly wrong or 50/50 decisions go one way. Call it bad luck or whatever, but something doesn't want us winning this season.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Even the commentator tended towards the latter interpretation. Every expert I have read so far has tended to do the same. In any case, there is definitely not as clear an answer as @MilanMB or @stevan would have us believe. It's at least debatable. If it meant that we could have come back? Who knows. It would have been thrilling last 20 minutes, that's for sure.

This is definitive.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have missed ibra and rebic a lot. Rebic for just a wild card and his ability to assist(plus athleticism). And ibra for his ability to bully smaller clubs and then he is a better passer than giroud, ibra also elevates guys like brahim and Salad more than giroud can.

I don’t think our attack is bad, I think it’s just incomplete. This team has showed plenty of high octane matches and free flowing football. But it depends on certain things and it’s easy to stop when everything isn’t in place. I’m glad Adli is on loan because he’s growing but right now he would take this team up a notch

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Oh no surprise here. It definitely isn't a clear cut wrong call per sé. It's only normal that AIA would come out and protect its referees. Heck there's even a video of Rocchi protecting the VAR ref who confirmed that Ranocchia clearly hit the ball in that infamous tackle against Belotti in the Inter-Torino-game, mind you.

For example, the article says: "Mariani saw Handanovic moving, trying to look for the ball kicked by Bennacer and this is one of the reasons he decided to disallow the goal."

Okay, fair. But it's also fair to say "Well, he didn't try to move to see past Kalulu as he interfered his line of sight at best for the shier fraction of a second, but he moved to see past the four Inter players obscuring Bennacer and his shot."

That's as far away from definitive as it can get.

That being said after all we've seen happening this season I wouldn't put too much weight in AIAs and FIGCs interpretations anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule