The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fact that people can’t see that Redbirds a company that manages 4 billion in assets is able to raise 1.8 billion dollars to purchase Milan shows that they have more financial power than expected is surprising. Don’t people find that odd, but Investcorp a company that is worth 18 billion was raising bonds, should tell anyone with a basic understanding of finances, what is going on. Redbird have way more capital than Investcorp, or way more capital to invest in sports.

I don’t know how much Redbird is worth but way more than 4 billion dollars. Way more.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola

If anyone wants to listen to Gerry Cardinale for 1 hour. Upload date: 13th December 2021.

Few minutes in - "Content is key"
Get us an all or nothing series, Gerry!

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
America saved this club and it will lead it to glory. A tale as old as time, boys.

Redbird has to keep MMM in place, and if they have any understanding of the club whatsoever I think they wouldn’t dare replace Maldini. There is amazing momentum and support behind this club and that would cause a fan revolt.

I’ll worry about the sale when it’s done. I still hope Elliott keeps us. Maybe Paul Singer’s cold dead heart will twitch when he sees 18,000 fans take over Sass and Milan win a title.

now-lets-see-who-you-really-are-shithole-country-memes-1e4b1705761b70c4-89b2c781020827ae.jpg

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
We've experienced a single owner who are willing to spend (Berlusconi's prime)
We've experienced a single owner who wouldn't spend (Berlusconi's end)
We've experienced random owner who had spent a lot before suddenly went bankrupt within a single season (Yonghong)
We've experienced a rather financially strict VC (Elliot)

We'll survive Redbird.
Chill

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Milan is being sold to Redbird, so it seems. People who were angry about Investcorp not having "oil money" are now angry that Redbird could offer more money, while also saying that Redbird don't have money.

Brk has held down his position strongly, preaching to "stay the course." Our friend PatoSheva has argued, vehemently, that the end is nigh and we are on the cusp of having top 4 as the height of our ambitions.

Accusations have flown, anger, confusion, and the entire spectrum of denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance has come-and-gone, many times within singular posts, as the champions of the various factions in the RnB royal court stake their claims for their position's truth... I realize now that I have suddenly shifted writing tones from BBC journalist, to NYT opinion writer, to now the shitty Young Adult Fantasy writer tone.

As more information comes in, positions will crystalize, predictions will be made (surely never to be brought up again) while accusations of foolishness, not understanding one's point, and facepalms rain between thumbs up affirmations--both those for truly good points, and for commiserations.

In short: it looks like we're getting sold to Redbird, and no one except maybe Brk has done any homework as to what the fuck this actually could mean.
Had to read this again, this was fucking hilarious :lol:

And this time I got to the end... So @brk what say you?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Sorry mate, but business doesn't work that way.
If Elliot thought that RedBird were going to be a negative, they would rid their hands of ALL Milan shares so that they won't suffer a loss.

They're keeping a stake in it for one reason alone, to earn more money.
That is the belief that is there with Elliot on Redbird.
All financial wizards can chime in - please let me know if my reasoning is wrong

It is rumored that I wasnt to sell my product in the entirety for 1 billion
A buyer says I will pay you 1.1 billion
I counter and say well my estimation is actually 1.3 billion and I'm planning to keep 10% - the buyer agrees.

Isnt receiving 1.3 billion better than receiving only 1.1 billion ?
If the 10% retained goes up then great - more for me, if it tanks I can still sell it at a loss and I have more than my initial 1.3 billion and more than the 1.1 or 1 billion that I know was my favoured selling point any how.

I am only asking because if my logic is correct, this can easily be the thinking and not the optimistic view being put forward about "belief in the new owners"

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
lol a 1.8bn figure for Milan is absolutely insane
I dont think that is true but if it is, it is not something we as fans should be happy about, because that money is going to elliot and not to help the club, i rather to have us sold for 1 B or something and use 200 M for transfers and 600 M to build a staduim rather than making the already rich elliot richer.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I dont think that is true but if it is, it is not something we as fans should be happy about, because that money is going to elliot and not to help the club, i rather to have us sold for 1 B or something and use 200 M for transfers and 600 M to build a staduim rather than making the already rich elliot richer.
:lol: what? Stop drunk posting

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
We've experienced a single owner who are willing to spend (Berlusconi's prime)
We've experienced a single owner who wouldn't spend (Berlusconi's end)
We've experienced random owner who had spent a lot before suddenly went bankrupt within a single season (Yonghong)
We've experienced a rather financially strict VC (Elliot)

We'll survive Redbird.
Chill
the point is we don't want to experience all that shit again :D

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
All financial wizards can chime in - please let me know if my reasoning is wrong

It is rumored that I wasnt to sell my product in the entirety for 1 billion
A buyer says I will pay you 1.1 billion
I counter and say well my estimation is actually 1.3 billion and I'm planning to keep 10% - the buyer agrees.

Isnt receiving 1.3 billion better than receiving only 1.1 billion ?
If the 10% retained goes up then great - more for me, if it tanks I can still sell it at a loss and I have more than my initial 1.3 billion and more than the 1.1 or 1 billion that I know was my favoured selling point any how.

I am only asking because if my logic is correct, this can easily be the thinking and not the optimistic view being put forward about "belief in the new owners"
Reuters good enough for you?

That figure could rise as high as 1.8 billion euros over the coming years based on a series of targets, the report added.

The club is being valued at 1.3 B because that is how much Redbird is willing to pay to Elliot NOW, even with Elliot keeping 10-20% of the club.
This is also because of the Chelsea sale indicating to Elliot that they undervalued the Milan brand.

The sales includes targets which will allow Elliot to earn 0.5Billion MORE even after they sell off the majority stake.
Redbird are WILLING to have those targets in place.
There are also reports that the 1.8 Billion value is so that Redbird, once they reach those targets, will buy out the entirety of Elliot's minority stake in the club.

All the same, in order to boost Milan's revenues/earnings/brand value, you will have to ensure that Milan are trending upwards both on and off the pitch.

Again, why would Elliot want to keep something that they risk needing to sell at a loss?
The alternative is to sell it at the 1.3 Billion for 100% of the stake and be done with Milan IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE FAITH that Redbird could do what we all hope that they do?

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude, you were preparing the “our target was top 4 anyways” posts, be serious.
The only reason we are winning this tittle is pioli and pioli only.
This season, our target was 4th place as that would have meant enough revenue to keep the plan going. The squad was never built to win this year. We overachieved and are getting ahead of schedule, so what?

Next year the plan is to win (again) and do much better in the CL.

Also the reason we’re winning is Pioli and the fact that he was given enough tools to do what he’s doing, like giving Leao enough time to be who he now is. Same for Tonali. All this required a lot of faith and patience, and a commitment to the plan and the long term strategy of steady growth.

If they demanded that Pioli win now then he probably wouldn’t have allowed them time and space to learn and make mistakes. He would be like Allegri and Conte, demanding ready players to win now.

Everything around the club is built towards long term, lasting success. Embrace it.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I’m just curious, what do you think we need to invest this summer?

What’s your ideal summer transfer window?
Ideal? Its not gonna happen but its a CF like Nunez or cheaper (Jesus), rw like Ziyech/Zaniolo (who I think can still be a top player)/someone not Berrardi... and one more CM next to Sanchez who is a player ready fir the CL. I think SMS is ideal.

Thats my IDEAL mercato.

But those 3 type of players in general is what we need, imo.

Aldough it may be that our no.1 cf will be Origi.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Had to read this again, this was fucking hilarious :lol:

And this time I got to the end... So @brk what say you?
With redbird I think we stick to daPlan. It means we championship. Maldini runs the sport side. Redbird makes it rain.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

Origi is currently trending. A sign of things to come Milan's way.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
With redbird I think we stick to daPlan. It means we championship. Maldini runs the sport side. Redbird makes it rain.
daPlan being letting everything take unnecessary long time and that Maldini would have been running sport side anyway.

I want Milan to ruin football.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
daPlan being letting everything take unnecessary long time and that Maldini would have been running sport side anyway.

I want Milan to ruin football.
It took a long time for Leao to become a monster. Sometimes patience is rewarded. I think the hard part is over. We’re going to be a scary team next season with an actual, functional attacking department.

And yes, that’s the whole point and why I’m not worried. It doesn’t seem like things will change much, and that’s a good thing in my opinion. Serious people are using Milan as an example of a model club and one to emulate. Milan. We have bought 31 year old Biglia 5 years ago for 20m and gave him a 3 year contract. Now we’re the poster child of how to run a football club.

You say things are taking a long time, but Maldini ripped the squad apart and rebuilt it in 3 years. I’d say that’s pretty damn fast and it looks like we’re not slowing down.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

You guys are in for a treat. If you want to go through the whole thing go ahead. But pay attention to what he says regarding investing in football and what his philosophy on running football is all about.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You look at Red Bird and they look really experienced in sports investing.

- Owners of Toulouse (now in ligue 1)
- 10% Owner of Liverpool FSG group (CL final, multiple trophies this year)
- XFL (small league)
- Previous investors in MLB and in Cricket
- Projected owners of Milan

Milan would by far be their biggest commitment value wise in their football sector. What i see is a group bringing networks and growth strategies to Milan, but not staying for a long time. Within a similar time window to Elliot I see them leaving as well.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
With constantly changing owners, I find comfort in the fact that Maldini , Pioli and co are the ones making Milan a family. Otherwise it would be too depressing with no proper ownership.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Revenues to the moon. Milan is an untapped treasure and redbird is ideally suited to unlock that.
I do not think they will be our owners based on what their owner said in 2020. Did he change vision and philosophy? Maybe.

I’m all in for anyone that will bring Milan back. If red bird is the one sure or , if it is any other investor.

But please understand one thing. We are only allowed to spend 70% of our revenues. This will not change (no matter who the owner is) unless we starting getting insane sponsorship deals and commercially we outsell anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule