The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Lol the fuck did you just say?
That pogba is a talented mofo and if hes serious and motivated he will destroy italy? Are u just dumb or stupid

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Btw, I’m not really trying to argue against your points @Kojak that’s easy and boring. I think you’re not a troll and my point by picking on you is to try and make you realize that your methods at player evaluation are very flawed. Listen to the Estevao interview and you’ll see how our actual scouts and analysts view the players we look to sign. It’s much more complex than you make it seem. You’re obsessed with positions and with goals and assists. That’s extremely superficial stuff to the point of being counterproductive. At least use xG or xA for that silly point, you’ll get better numbers.

But the obsession with positions is what gets me. You’re arguing that Ziyech is an AM because that’s what he plays at Chelsea now, ignoring the fact that they don’t play a RW. You’re telling me if they switch to 433 that he’ll play in the middle? Really?
Lol I'm actually fixating on positions etc because YOU ARE! After all, you're the one who kept repeatedly saying that Dybala is a SS/CF so is an unsuitable fit for AM yet seem to overlook this issue for CDK and point to his heatmap, pressing etc to justify his suitability. Talk about double standards! However, I've been saying ALL ALONG that Milan don't care about a players preferred position and are willing to adapt hence the Salad and Messias examples who both played different positions previously (RB/RM + SS) before being converted to RW. Therefore, I'm saying that Dybala has the skillset and qualities to play just a few yards deeper if we sign him.

As for Ziyech, you missed the point where I said he has 170 matches in Holland playing as a LONE AM in a predominantly 4-3-3 formation which makes him a far more suitable fit for the role in Pioli's 4-2-3-1 than CDK.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
also, if we want to increase revenue in alternative methods, I would suggest buying the rights to 'Free from Desire'
practically made the song go stonks

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I'm actually fixating on positions etc because YOU ARE! After all, you're the one who kept repeatedly saying that Dybala is a SS/CF so is an unsuitable fit for AM yet seem to overlook this issue for CDK and point to his heatmap, pressing etc to justify his suitability. Talk about double standards! However, I've been saying ALL ALONG that Milan don't care about a players preferred position and are willing to adapt hence the Salad and Messias examples who both played different positions previously (RB/RM + SS) before being converted to RW. Therefore, I'm saying that Dybala has the skillset and qualities to play just a few yards deeper if we sign him.

As for Ziyech, you missed the point where I said he has 170 matches in Holland playing as a LONE AM in a predominantly 4-3-3 formation which makes him a far more suitable fit for the role in Pioli's 4-2-3-1 than CDK.
That’s not what I said. I said Dybala doesn’t have the intensity for our AM role. I don’t care about what positions he’s played at in the past.

As for Ziyech, I said his AM games were mostly before 2018/19, his breakout season at RW.

Sorry @MilanMB

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Since when did we need a speed demon at the CAM role anyway? Kaka was decently rapid, but it was his change in tempo threw off opponents to free up space for him to make the right passes to Sheva/Pippo/JDT/Crespo/Gila/R9/Pato that were the most important trait when he was playing at CAM. Same story with Dinho when he came to us after having lost his pace.

What matters is what you do with the ball at your feet and how quick you can get your passes off to the guys up front to put the ball into the net.

In the CAM role that we've been playing, scoring is secondary to creating chances for teammates. Chipping in with goals will help, but feeding the primary scorer is top priority.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Looks like they manually attach the scudetto patch on the shirt, so there’s always a chance it will not be exactly centered in the black stripe. Would drive me crazy if I spent over 200 euros on it and it ends up visibly off center.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
No it’s not the best indication. It only takes CL data. So 6 games usually. You think that’s enough of a data set? They count 47m of sprints for Botman. 47m, that’s half a pitch length. They extrapolated his speed from that quantity of data and you think it’s reliable?

Bad data is worse than no data.

The fact that you don’t question the validity of your sources is a big warning sign to me. Makes me think you value winning out argument a lot more than actually being reliable. This is what VS used to do and it was exhausting.
The data might not be perfect but corroborates what I've seen from watching CDK play and is in line with other reports about players' top speeds so is good enough for me. What data do you have to validate your claims that CDK is 'really quick'?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The data might not be perfect but corroborates what I've seen from watching CDK play and is in line with other reports about players' top speeds so is good enough for me. What data do you have to validate your claims that CDK is 'really quick'?
None. I have no data. Because the data that’s available is unreliable so I won’t use it to prove my opinion is a fact.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

Looks like they manually attach the scudetto patch on the shirt, so there’s always a chance it will not be exactly centered in the black stripe. Would drive me crazy if I spent over 200 euros on it and it ends up visibly off center.

Screenshot_20220705-124114__01.jpg

disgust-cringe.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
  • LOL
Reactions: brk

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
That’s not what I said. I said Dybala doesn’t have the intensity for our AM role. I don’t care about what positions he’s played at in the past.

As for Ziyech, I said his AM games were mostly before 2018/19, his breakout season at RW.

Sorry @MilanMB
I'm positive you've used that as an excuse to justify not signing Dybala in the past but can't be bothered to trawl through your posts...maybe I will later.

As for Ziyech, post 2018-19, he's still played more games @ AM than RW (54 vs. 48) in a 3-4-2-1 and although he drifts in from the right, Reece James is the RM. However, that doesn't change the fact that he has 220 career games @ AM with the significant majority as the lone AM in a 4-3-3. Therefore, he's a better fit for Pioli's 4-2-3-1 than CDK.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm positive you've used that as an excuse to justify not signing Dybala in the past but can't be bothered to trawl through your posts...maybe I will later.

As for Ziyech, post 2018-19, he's still played more games @ AM than RW (54 vs. 48) in a 3-4-2-1 and although he drifts in from the right, Reece James is the RM. However, that doesn't change the fact that he has 220 career games @ AM with the significant majority as the lone AM in a 4-3-3. Therefore, he's a better fit for Pioli's 4-2-3-1 than CDK.
Everything you said was fine until that last sentence. That was such a huge jump it gave me whiplash.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Everything you said was fine until that last sentence. That was such a huge jump it gave me whiplash.
Good...it might knock some sense into you :LOL:

Anyhow, the more I delve into CDK's signing i.e. his age, lack of AM experience, unfamiliarity with Serie A, lack of speed, failure to make a mark in the CL etc, I think it's a HUGE risk to spend 30m on him especially given that a highly experienced professional like Ziyech is arriving, Brahim is staying plus the initial reports about Adli seem encouraging.

CDK

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Funny to read the reactions in Belgium about the 20 m Milan bid.
It shows a hughe difference in negotation culture.
Milan knows very well what Bruges would like to sell.
Bidding 20 is just a way to tell that you can forget the 35 but ready to talk further.
In the more nordic countries, this kind of bid is considered as nearly an insult ´do they really think we are stupid?´
Money is something serious, don´t waste our time with games.
We prefer to discuss about your best bid, rather than the lowest one, just to save some time, is a bit our idea about negotiation
Don´t think this different approach will harm the discussions, but at the end of the day, you will have to find something that both parties can sell to their fanbase.

The reality is that Bruges will not get 35, Milan will not pay 20.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
day by day im more and more convinced Kojak is actually Antun looking at his daily "we should get Dybala over xy player" posts :D

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
The AM role is an interesting one. Our best football was when Hakan was able to help out defensively. With Diaz we didn't get that and we also had a drop in impact offensively. Krunic offers even more defensively than Hakan but less offensively.
Now, if we get Ziyech for RW, can anyone let me know if he's likely to drop back and help? I highly doubt as much as Alexis. Same question for CDK (if he is going to be AM). I think we can tolerate one of the positions being somewhat lazier than their replacements but two becomes worrying.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Funny to read the reactions in Belgium about the 20 m Milan bid.
It shows a hughe difference in negotation culture.
Milan knows very well what Bruges would like to sell.
Bidding 20 is just a way to tell that you can forget the 35 but ready to talk further.
In the more nordic countries, this kind of bid is considered as nearly an insult ´do they really think we are stupid?´
Money is something serious, don´t waste our time with games.
We prefer to discuss about your best bid, rather than the lowest one, just to save some time, is a bit our idea about negotiation
Don´t think this different approach will harm the discussions, but at the end of the day, you will have to find something that both parties can sell to their fanbase.

The reality is that Bruges will not get 35, Milan will not pay 20.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk
Curious to know what Maldini’s ceiling for CDK is. As long as that ends up being acceptable to Club Brugge, and no PL club comes in a blows us out the water, then a deal is possible.

We just don’t know that ceiling. Could be 25, could be 30, we have no idea.

I just want it done as soon as possible so he can have a good preseason with us, and Ziyech also. It’s a really intense first part of the season until the World Cup and the preseason is crucial, especially for new players.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The AM role is an interesting one. Our best football was when Hakan was able to help out defensively. With Diaz we didn't get that and we also had a drop in impact offensively. Krunic offers even more defensively than Hakan but less offensively.
Now, if we get Ziyech for RW, can anyone let me know if he's likely to drop back and help? I highly doubt as much as Alexis. Same question for CDK (if he is going to be AM). I think we can tolerate one of the positions being somewhat lazier than their replacements but two becomes worrying.
With Ajax Ziyech was a pressing monster. Hard to be better than Saelemaekers though, his numbers are crazy. As long as he’s good enough at it I think Ziyech will be fine in our system.

CDK on the other hand has insane pressing quantity stats. Adli too. We’re really going for that kind of player these days. No passengers.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Not going to lie. Tuning in and watching Leao CDK Adli Ziyech Tonali Bennacer is going to be epic. And that back 5 behind them.

If these moves go through then damn we have a great squad. Just renew Leao then and I’ll stop complaining.

This market would make us favorites for the scudetto. As things stand I’d still put inter with Lukaku over us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule