Week 3: AC Milan (1) - Catania (1) 18/9/2010

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Let's kick some Catania ass!!!!:uzikill::rocketki::flame::rocketwh::skull::gun::devilfir::flame:

C'mon, cheer up, guys!!! 50 millions euro is not a joke!!!:D

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Milan 3-2 Catania.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today we had bad luck for a season long. There is nothing more who can go so wrong. We will win.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Come on Milan.

Am i right in thinking that this it as 6pm CET?

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
We need to get back on track, referees permitting, this will end 2-0

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am happy if we manage 1-0 victory.

I do not want us to attack with 8 players and get beaten on counterattack in the 10th minute. And then have to bang our heads on a wall of 10 defenders the rest of the match. Perhaps beaten in another counterattack while struggling to score, 0-2! :eek:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Will give this guys a good trashing.Im counting on Allegri to straighten things out after our horrid game against Cessena.

My 2 cents on what needs changing is :

Amelia for Abbiati

Zambrotta for Bonnera

Flamini &Boateng for Ambro and Rino.

Robihno for Ronaldihno.He needs a start and this should be a good opportunity go give him one.Plus he showed a lot more desire on the pitch then Dihno.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can everybody stop being so optimistic.

I know it sounds ridiculous. :D But this was all that was happening before the last game, and look. So i recommend a policy of enforced pessimism.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
lets just hope we can win it try not predict a score line or how the game will pan out. if we can get three points I'm happy. remember there are no easy games and if Milan want to win they will have to play as a team. :o

gaxhi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Agree I hope we'll get three points with any kind of result but I don't see any reason for replacing abbiati with amelia, neither of yesterday's goals were abiati's fault and also dinho just had a bad match as everyone else does , he will get back to his best soon, binho shouldn't start before him ,at least not now

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I disagree ^

Abiatti just look so slow. IMO he could have done better on both goals.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
We need three points there, will not be easy if Catania are still tough to beat like it was last season. But anyways I hope for a win, I don't know how this game will be for us after what happened in Cesena. Also we have CL on wednesday, so not many days of rest before this match, so maybe some changes will be needed to have the fittest players on the pitch.
I hope Allegri gets their minds right for this game and they have the right attitude at the start and fight hard for a victory because we have to win there to stay close to the top of the table. This is a home game and in front of our supporters we should have a good performance, like vs Lecce and hopefully also against Auxerre and Catania this coming week.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Hopefully we can give them a good thrashing to keep spirits up :D

shogun

Beginner
Reaction score
posted this in the ibra thread, and was thinking it would fit in here too:

ibra will make his mark, and a big one at that. we need players like the dorf and boateng who can come from behind and support him, pato needs to let go of the ball earlier.

and dinho better get his head back into football, because if he continues to play like he did against cesena, he is as much needed as the guy in a brown suit at the third row.

robinho can take dinho's place and play that role very good. he has good passing ability and can join the attack with good shots and/or a good pass to another milan player.

but this is the most important thing: if we're gonna score ANY goals with ibra, pato and dinho/robinho as the top 3. we NEED midfielders that can support the attack as fast as the attackers get the ball. get those legs moving and we will get enough openings to win EVERY GAME!

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Ronaldinho is one of the best players in Serie A & he his certainly the best 'home' player in the league as we saw last season & against Leece.

Ronaldinho was one of the better attacking players in Europe last season with his assists & goals & showed he his still one of the best players around.

The one place you might consider Ronaldinho for his place & put him on the bench is in very difficult Serie A or European away games when you are under the cosh, but apart from that if fit he has to start unless he his having a rest.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
catania won't be easy, we have to be realy carefull

gaxhi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Really, allegri shouldn't bench ronaldinho , if he does that, dinho will get worse and worse ,so in the next match he should start him before robinho
The problem on saturday was that the milan didn't play like a team and they were completely unorganized, I hope allegri settles things out

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Dinho realy didn't impress me yesterday, but I wouldn't bench him just yet, but I would fire a rocket up his arse and telling him simply that if doesn't pull his finger out Binho will happily take his place!

He's got this game to get some people of his back and show he's the player he was last season and deserves his place over Binho.

I'd put Zambro in for Bonner, Bonner didn't realy do much wrong yesterday, but didn't fill me with any confidence either. Zambro on, Bonner or someone on with 20 minutes to go if Zambro starts to tire or if we have the game tied up.

Do we know how serious Silva's injury is or if Nesta will be back? If one or both are out, I worry a little :(

Midfield, if Flams and KPB are fit and ready, we have to play them, Gatt, Ambro and Pirlo just didn't work!!!

If we do all that we should, I say should be able to win this one at home :D

azbond007

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Kaka Sheva Pato Nesta T.Silva Messi Ozil Zidane DeLima Seedorf
this is a match we should be winning in front of our home fans.... first we have to start seedorf or kpb...... and flamini for ambrosini....

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
So no Pato for this game.
I hope TS comes back. Its Robinhos time to score.

Abbiati

Zambrotta - Nesta - TS - Antonini

Boateng - Pirlo - Seedorf

Robinho - Ibra - Dinho

I hope Flamini will be back for this game but I dont think that Allegri will start him from the begining.

FORZA MILAN !!

our winning streak starts from this game

FORZA MILAN :star:

irishrossoneri

Beginner
Reaction score
Yeah what's the story with Pato?

Also what's Flamini's situation? I really hope this is his year. I think Ambro's days as a starter are numbered. Prince should be in there on tonights performance.

Whats pple's thoughts on captain if Ambro is benched? For me it has to be Nesta when fit.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My team

Dinho .. .....Zlatan .. Binho
Rino/Flams...Pirlo .....Prince
Anto ....Nesta...Silva/Papa...Bonera/Abate
...................GK

1. Binho starts since Pato's injured.
2. Ambro's injured. Dorf shd not start after 90 minutes today. He will be utter crap. If Flamini is fully fit he will start. Else Rino to start :cry: as he's the only other fit midfielder other than Pirlo and Prince.
3. Anto hopefully is well. Else Zambrotta/Janko will be forced to start at LB.
4. Silva to start if healthy. Else Papa.
5. RB one of Bonera/Abate to start. Again Zambrotta after 90 minutes today will be crap 2 days later.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

Douchebag101

Primavera
Reaction score
i wouldnt put zambro on this game. we all know what would happen if he plays 2 games or more in a row. i think since it "just" catania (not that we should underestimate them, not hoping for another cesena moment), abate or bonera would do just fine

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
-------------------Amelia--------------
-Zambo/Abate---Silva--Nesta---Antonini
--------Boateng----Pirlo---Flamini------
-Robinho-------Ibrahimovic----Ronaldinho

Schedule