English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Boxing Day is the best even for TV audiences. Even though the matches look just average, we've planned a viewing party here with much alcohol. Plus, Australia vs India boxing day test whenever the football's not there.

Sadly, I need to travel on work the very next day. So can't sleep off the hangover, sigh.

Dont forget South Africa vs Sri - Lanka :o

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Christmas time football is great. Big games, big crowds, freedom to be hungover the next day. It's one of the few pleasures that the fans in the stadium have clung onto.

Any stats to back up the larger crowds?

I can't imagine away crowds being as big as they usually are. It's definately something match going fans love though.

edit:

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/#/favorites

Last edited:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I agree with what Sam Allardyce said on Soccer AM - keep the boxing day and new years games, it's part of the tradition, but then have a short break in january

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with what Sam Allardyce said on Soccer AM - keep the boxing day and new years games, it's part of the tradition, but then have a short break in january

Good idea.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
So anybody watched the first half of Chelsea-Fulham?Just tuned in 0-0 at ht apparently.Curious to see how was Torres doing.

I think i also have Manchester City on tv in a couple of minutes,so im probably gonna tune in for that if Silva starts.I miss seeing a proper AM play.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
United team to face Wigan:

-------------------Lindegaard--------------------

Valencia------Carrick--------Evans-------Evra

Nani----------Gibson--------Giggs--------Park

-------------Berbatov------Hernandez-------

Bench: De Gea, Rooney, Welbeck, Rafael, Diouf, Macheda, Fryers

Valencia ahead of Rafael at RB again :rolleyes:

Rio, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, Fabio, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley + Young all injured.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
United team to face Wigan:

-------------------Lindegaard--------------------

Valencia------Carrick--------Evans-------Evra

Nani----------Gibson--------Giggs--------Park

-------------Berbatov------Hernandez-------

Bench: De Gea, Rooney, Welbeck, Rafael, Diouf, Macheda, Fryers

Valencia ahead of Rafael at RB again :rolleyes:

Rio, Vidic, Jones, Smalling, Fabio, Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley + Young all injured.

kind of Abate's experiment.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can someone give me a stream for this match am at work and espn3 doesnt work here

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chelsea 1-1 Fulham FT.

Mata and Dempsey with the goals.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It is that time of the year when Fergie gives United fans proofpoints to later say, "We played matches with Carrick and Valencia in defense!!" :p

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It is that time of the year when Fergie gives United fans proofpoints to later say, "We played matches with Carrick and Valencia in defense!!" :p

We don't need to play Valencia in defence, so if he makes a mistake + costs us points we can't blame anything on injuries.
That's a bit different to a few years ago when we had to play a back 4 of Park/Fletcher/Carrick/Giggs because we literally had no defenders fit.

Anyway, Giggs is about to be offered a new contract. Happy days.

Ji Sung Park 1-0. Amazing play by Evra. That's the paddy I know and love :cool:

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
fuck u ugly purple nose bitch. leaving rooney on the bench just when i put him on my fantasy team. :(

and where the fuck is smalling?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We don't need to play Valencia in defence, so if he makes a mistake + costs us points we can't blame anything on injuries.
That's a bit different to a few years ago when we had to play a back 4 of Park/Fletcher/Carrick/Giggs because we literally had no defenders fit.

Anyway, Giggs is about to be offered a new contract. Happy days.

Ji Sung Park 1-0. Amazing play by Evra. That's the paddy I know and love :cool:

Good game initially. But Wigan look stronger and more confident than they did earlier in the season.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The ref fucked up the game
bull shit red card.

and a goal by berba

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Extremely harsh red card for Wigan. Simple tussle + the guy elbowed Carrick but I didn't think it was deliberate. If that's a red then Dempsey should have been given a 5 match ban for last week. It's not like Carrick went rolling around either - he stayed on his feet and just held his face.

Berbatov 2-0. Game over. Ref has ruined the game.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think wigan had the upper hand even though they were a goal down before the sending off

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think wigan had the upper hand even though they were a goal down before the sending off

They had the ball in dangerous areas but they never really looked like scoring. Toothless upfront, if that makes any sense. The game could have been over when Hernandez possibly should have a penalty. Feel sorry for Wigan though. Daft red card.

Liverpool 0-1 Blackburn, Charlie Adam OG :lol:

edit:

Fergie's brother was apparently watching Newcastle the other day, looking at Tiote. Hope we don't go for him.

Last edited:

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
that guy stam was putting in dangerous crosses from the right,

and the strikers were finally getting on the same wave link with him so it was only a matter of time, but alas it was not to be.

and moses was causing all sorts of problems for jones and carrick, except he was missing that last bit of quality to either shoot or pass.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
They had the ball in dangerous areas but they never really looked like scoring. Toothless upfront, if that makes any sense. The game could have been over when Hernandez possibly should have a penalty. Feel sorry for Wigan though. Daft red card.

Liverpool 0-1 Blackburn, Charlie Adam OG :lol:

edit:

Fergie's brother was apparently watching Newcastle the other day, looking at Tiote. Hope we don't go for him.
why not? granted you guys prolly need a creative mid more, but he is still a pretty good midfielder in his own right.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Chelsea is sucking so much... they used to be a team that deserved to win the UCL if the referee didn't cheat to benefit Barça and now they're just shit

Torres is just awful. He doesn't struggle to win and always try to dive. Fortunatelly, most of times the referee didn't believed on his cheating. I hope that this piece of shit never comes to Milan. He's everything Milan doesn't need at this momment.

Lampard is being less influential than ever, only doing the basics, no creativity at all.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chelsea is sucking so much... they used to be a team that deserved to win the UCL if the referee didn't cheat to benefit Barça and now they're just shit

Torres is just awful. He doesn't struggle to win and always try to dive. Fortunatelly, most of times the referee didn't believed on his cheating. I hope that this piece of shit never comes to Milan. He's everything Milan doesn't need at this momment.

Lampard is being less influential than ever, only doing the basics, no creativity at all.

Yeah but the difference between that Chelsea and this one,is that does players where young and in there prime.So far the only young player they have is Torres,who is not in his prime at all :max:

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
FT Chelsea 1 - 1 Fulham
FT Bolton W. 0 - 2 Newcastle U.
FT Liverpool 1 - 1 Blackburn R.
FT Man. Utd 5 - 0 Wigan Athletic
FT Sunderland 1 - 1 Everton
FT West Brom. 0 - 0 Manchester C.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great day. Joint top with City now, behind on GD which we've reduced to just 5.

:lol: to all those who thought the league was over with. I said after the 6-1 that the title race was nowhere near over. Hate to say I told ya so but.....

Still think City are faviorites, but we've got a nice game in a few days (home to Blackburn) where we can hopefully close the GD gap even further. The away game against Newcastle and then the FA Cup match away to City are massive games now. If we can win both we'll be faviorites. We should have Ferdinand, Anderson and Cleverley back for then aswell.

why not? granted you guys prolly need a creative mid more, but he is still a pretty good midfielder in his own right.

Good player, but he's type that would end up rotting on the bench. He's not as good as Carrick and Cleverley/Anderson will come back into the picture in a few weeks. Plus assuming we have Fletcher back for next season (looks certain to miss the remainder of this one) then that's another midfielder on the books. Add another player to that since we'll probably buy one in the Summer.

I wouldn't mind if we can get him on the cheap + it doesn't stop us from signing another midfielder in the Summer, but I can't see him being sold for less than 18-20M tbh.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Suarez 5 goals in 1,454 mins
Berbatov 4 goals in 255 Mins

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great day. Joint top with City now, behind on GD which we've reduced to just 5.

:lol: to all those who thought the league was over with. I said after the 6-1 that the title race was nowhere near over. Hate to say I told ya so but.....

Still think City are faviorites, but we've got a nice game in a few days (home to Blackburn) where we can hopefully close the GD gap even further. The away game against Newcastle and then the FA Cup match away to City are massive games now. If we can win both we'll be faviorites. We should have Ferdinand, Anderson and Cleverley back for then aswell.

Good player, but he's type that would end up rotting on the bench. He's not as good as Carrick and Cleverley/Anderson will come back into the picture in a few weeks. Plus assuming we have Fletcher back for next season (looks certain to miss the remainder of this one) then that's another midfielder on the books. Add another player to that since we'll probably buy one in the Summer.

I wouldn't mind if we can get him on the cheap + it doesn't stop us from signing another midfielder in the Summer, but I can't see him being sold for less than 18-20M tbh.

Shut up,you love it :D

But on a more serious note it was always going to be between the to Manchester clubs.Chelsea are two old+there younger players are seriously under performing.

Arsenal..well are just Arsenal,im sure when they grow up there going to win a title.Rest of the clubs dont even have squad that are worth mentioning for the league title.

Anyway,my money is still on City.I dont think Mancini will choke..again :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule