The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A player should be able to choose where they want to go and negotiate for whatever they can - imho the issue is with the players allowing much of their potential earnings to go toward the agents.

This is correct. If clubs don't want their best players to run down their contract to get a better wage elsewhere they should stop giving those mega contracts to bosmans and/or try to lure opponents players by offering them huge contracts if they pull a bosman and don't renew with their current clubs.

I hate players who, without scruples, leave the club that gave them their trust, built them up and possibly made them the player they are, empty-handed, only thinking about their own maximum profit. But it is also the clubs themselves that helped build this system. They are the ones who can end it again...

... if they want.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Clubs need to be smarter. Extend in advance or sell
What was the point to wait for dollar and kessie? Should've sold them 2 years before expiration and replaced with players who want to play here
Kessie refused sales in at least two windows.
Many of us thought that is how much he cared to be here and belived in the project - furthermore when he made his comments that amplified that sentiment.
- NOW WE ARE HERE

Its not that easy and in truth its as Wild said - If the player doesnt sign (and is seemingly refusing to move) you can only send him to the stands but that in turn harms your club as well.
A club is not in an easy spot.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Many of us thought that is how much he cared to be here and belived in the project - furthermore when he made his comments that amplified that sentiment.
- NOW WE ARE HERE

Its not that easy and in truth its as Wild said - If the player doesnt sign (and is seemingly refusing to move) you can only send him to the stands but that in turn harms your club as well.
is it possible his agent scripted his speech and forced this position on purpose?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Guardian - Tottenham, ready offer to Milan to have Kessie immediately

If Tottenham were to define the sale of Tanguy Ndombele to PSG (Rome and Naples were also reported on the French), they could actually move for Franck Kessie. This was reported by today's edition of The Guardian, which explains how Conte and Paratici have planned a concrete offer to Milan to have the Ivorian midfielder immediately. Kessie is one of the first targets of the Spurs, who would like to close today to avoid high auctions in the summer when PSG, Manchester United and Barcelona would also move on the player, on a free transfer.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
We don't have a CF or a RW now? Alexis and Messias are fine for the rest of this year. Ibra and Giroud have been scoring. Rebic returning will help a lot.

A CAM, even as an alternative to Brahim, is the bigger gap and something to have, and another RW should he sought after in the summer.

I just don't see how grabbing someone now, "for a extra few million" is some sort of guarantee. If we buy Faivre and he sucks, or gets hurt, or is a headache, we have now overextended and will take a bigger loss. Piatek and Paqueta (whose failure confuses me to this day) were those sorts of purchases.

Steady and methodical planning is how we're going to return to being the superpower we are, not hasty acquisitions.
I wish I had your optimism :heart:
Also I'm definitely talking about a Piatek and Paqueta....they started off very very well.
If we get that kind of boost and we win the Scudetto, we will be selling "champion players" if they aren't what we need.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
is it possible his agent scripted his speech and forced this position on purpose?
Exactly. Kessie's agent probably saw the whole Donnarumma mess so he has Kessie put out a statement/grant an interview to make it look like he wants to extend, but puts the blame on management instead if it doesn't get done.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What was the point to wait for dollar and kessie? Should've sold them 2 years before expiration and replaced with players who want to play here
Again, it's easy said in hindsight, but where were those offers two years ago for Donnarumma or for Kessie last year?

In Donnas case I only remember that laughable offer from PSG being somewhat like 20M + Areola. What were we supposed to do with a bum like Areola? It was right to turn that offer down and send it back where it came from. It let us enjoy Donna's sportive value for two more years plus we got Maignan on much better terms.

And Kessie? There were some rumors, but never offers. If clubs like Tottenham or Liverpool really wanted him by summer 2021, they wouldn't have done what they are doing now, which is waiting for his contract running out.

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you, what I'm saying is this modus operandi is not only two weeks old. This is not a video-game where you put your player on the market and offers will magically fly in. If no offers arrive on the table you can't sell. And if the offer is as ridiculous as in Donnas case, you can't but refuse it.

Last edited:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- NOW WE ARE HERE

yes, he fooled them once. Hovewer they had at least 2 years to extend
I hope they've learned from it and Ben, Leao and Theo either extend or leave in summer

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if Adli flops? What if Botman flops?
Why does a purchase now have to be a "hasty acquisition" and not just an acceleration of a player we believe in and were planning to bring in the summer?

It doesnt have to be either or
Any transfer can fail. Injuries can derail anything. That's why I don't fault the Conti or Caldara transfers, and I'm rooting for both to have great careers. Both were exciting players with great talent.

But when it comes to paying extra, if we paid 15m for Adli, and he flops, that will hurt more than if he flops at 8m. Botman flopping at 40m is worse than 28m.

It's just about risk management, our bids clearly account for possibility of failure, and frankly, if our squad was healthy, I think we would be leading Inter comfortably.

To me, the lack of movement in our medical and training staff is what annoys me more than our transfer dealings. Our squad is good enough to win, we were good enough last year, too, but injuries have prevented us from challenging. That, to me, is what I fault the management and Pioli for more than transfers.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd never thought so back then last summer. But today? Who knows. I even don't trust Theos most recent words until I read "rinnovo, e fatta!"

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This is correct. If clubs don't want their best players to run down their contract to get a better wage elsewhere they should stop giving those mega contracts to bosmans and/or try to lure opponents players by offering them huge contracts if they pull a bosman and don't renew with their current clubs.

I hate players who, without scruples, leave the club that gave them their trust, built them up and possibly made them the player they are, empty-handed, only thinking about their own maximum profit. But it is also the clubs themselves that helped build this system. They are the ones who can end it again...

... if they want.
I wouldnt use the word hate but yes zero respect for them.
There are clubs that dont do right by their players but if a club has educated you, cared for you and changed the fortunes of you and your family's life then at the very least you can see they get compensated if you choose to play elsewhere.

That is solely on you and speaks to your character.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Quite possible as the agent said very similar before that interview.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
they were already earning too much for their performances and renewing them 2 years before expiry (when Maldini arrived) would mean a raise for someone who is playin shit.
If you renew a player’s contract with 2-3 years left, the new salary kicks in immediately. So for Maldini to do that, the player would have been playing consistently at that new salary rate, Like Theo.

It’s ok for the players Maldini signed and is planning to extend with 2 years left.
1. They did not start with already high and undeserved salaries.
2. They have been playing worthy of a raise.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yes, he fooled them once. Hovewer they had at least 2 years to extend
I hope they've learned from it and Ben, Leao and Theo either extend or leave in summer
Maldini stated they were speaking with Kessie and his team for two years.

We all hope this is the case and it puts to bed all of the anxiety and we have this core of players to actually compete for title.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thing is, if allmost all higher level players start to do Bosmans the wage advantage will vanish because if signing a free agent is the norm, it won't trigger any premiums anymore.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd never thought so back then last summer. But today? Who knows. I even don't trust Theos most recent words until I read "rinnovo, e fatta!"

if I’m an agent, I tell my clients to do whatever I say to get leverage of the situation

in these days, players will be drawn to a cut throat who will max their pay and the rest is just gaming the system

I say… 30% chance this Kessie situation was engineered

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish I had your optimism :heart:
Also I'm definitely talking about a Piatek and Paqueta....they started off very very well.
If we get that kind of boost and we win the Scudetto, we will be selling "champion players" if they aren't what we need.
Piatek became so fucking lazy after his half season here. In the summer he played like Pirlo did in the MLS, like he was doing us a favor. I hate his attitude.

Paqueta is the more confusing failure. Especially as he'd be so useful right now in our CAM spot.

But it's funny that you think I'm being optimistic, I'm actually more pessimistic than you are. They started well, then dropped off dramatically.

What if we don't win? Because we missed out on top 4 with Piatek and Paqueta. Then we are stuck with nonchampions.

Again, our medical and training staff is the area I am actually upset about. The lack of a backup CAM, is the only transfer failure for me. Messias has shut me up, as has Florenzi, and Giroud. But I thought a 6 month loan for a CAM a la Meite for CM last year is something that we should be doing.

But injuries are the barrier to our title push more than anything, for me.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nobody celebrates losing a top customer…he probably kept a lot of them employed.

But it seems Ansu Fati is ready to replace him
Unless they were working themselves to death for no more pay

barca doctors get paid more for treating more injuries?

sounds like a very American and very flawed medical team comp strategy for a sports club

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Unless they were working themselves to death for no more pay

barca doctors get paid more for treating more injuries?

sounds like a very American and very flawed medical team comp strategy for a sports club
In case you have not noticed, from the beginning…it’s a joke…even the initial tweet.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
In case you have not noticed, from the beginning…it’s a joke…even the initial tweet.

well, I never ever joke…

so...

jokes on you, sir

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
With respect to Raiola, I do find it interesting that the people who were semi-regularly wishing him a coronary are the same ones trying to police how we should react to his illness. Not on this forum necessarily, but in general.

Isn't this what most people who were so bent out of shape about how he handled the Donna situation and our club's image wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule