The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if Adli flops? What if Botman flops?
Why does a purchase now have to be a "hasty acquisition" and not just an acceleration of a player we believe in and were planning to bring in the summer?

It doesnt have to be either or

Fully agree - I admit I thought we were being way too cautious in trying to lock up some of our players but the Gigio (Maldini going to him after the final match and then their attempt to restart negotiations after we moved on) and now Kessie (his statement and still no resolution and Maldini admitting the length of negotiation) situations have cemented it.
If we could have gotten Adli at the start of the season , we probably would have. Same with Botman. Maybe the reasoning was to save some money, or to leave him to develop, but if all else was equal then I’m sure they would have kept him at Milan.

It goes to show that the scouting values them so highly we’re willing to wait for them.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
. They are the ones who can end it again...

... if they want.

warisoverjohnlennon.jpeg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish I had your optimism :heart:
Also I'm definitely talking about a Piatek and Paqueta....they started off very very well.
If we get that kind of boost and we win the Scudetto, we will be selling "champion players" if they aren't what we need.
The problem with Piatek/Paqueta style gambles is that the floor for that risk is sooooo high. If they fail we end up losing tens of millions. If a gamble like Messias fails, you can pay for that with change you can find in the sofas at Milanello.

That’s the difference, they don’t want to take those sorts of risks anymore, especially if the reasoning becomes rushed because of a short term need. Unless the player is highly scouted and admired, and there’s an opportunity, then we won’t make a serious (10m+) move.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Orsato won't be the ref for our game with Juve because he's unavailable. Why he's unavailable isn't clear. But Orsato is not going to be the ref.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is based on what exactly?
I said IF they end up getting both Botman & Bremer. Why would they need both when you have Tomori, Kjaer, Kalulu? Pioli references a back 3 in interviews sometimes & he did play with that formation at Fiorentina.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol, I think you agree with whatever interpretation agrees with your "Milan is wrong" narrative. If Man City wanted to buy him, they would have done it. They spend the same on youth team players.
No, I think you are just being stupid & want a reason to type an essay like you always do. And where did I mention Milan in anything related to this?

Use your brain. Why would River Plate loan out their best young player when his contract is expiring?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
RW and CF are not an issue for us this season no matter how much we feel we need an upgrade. We have Ibra, Giroud and Pellegri, and Messias and Saelemaekers. We will replace Pellegri if he leaves and we might replace Castillejo although I’m not sure about that.

The CF and RW upgrades are a problem for next season. Right now we just need to fix the CB issue. That’s the only priority. It’s not worth it getting a new AM since Adli is on his way, and getting someone on loan seems unnecessary. Brahim will get back to playing better and I thought he did good against Spezia.
Are you serious? :eek:
How is iBra, Giroud, and Pellegri even close to a proper striking lineup? :fp:
Then there is Messias and Saelemakers....both very inconsistent. Again...not complete.

I agree that the CB needs to be fixed first....Kalulu isn't the type of player to watch while vaccinated :o

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, I think you are just being stupid & want a reason to type an essay like you always do.

Use your brain. Why would River Plate loan out their best young player when his contract is expiring?
First of all, there's no dispute that I am stupid and second of all, how dare you think I need a reason to type an essay. I do not need a reason.

Third, since we've established that I am stupid, using my brain is difficult. Considering I don't think Man City is going to loan him, never talked about a loan, never addressed the loan part of the report, but my essay talked extensively about clubs not wanting to pay his release clause as an indication there might be (1) concerns over his quality, (2) not seeing value in paying the release clause due to his contract ending, and/or (3) that these reports are bullshit. But I never talked about Man City loaning him, not once.

But what do I know? I'm stupid.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
RW and CF are not an issue for us this season no matter how much we feel we need an upgrade. We have Ibra, Giroud and Pellegri, and Messias and Saelemaekers. We will replace Pellegri if he leaves and we might replace Castillejo although I’m not sure about that.

The CF and RW upgrades are a problem for next season. Right now we just need to fix the CB issue. That’s the only priority. It’s not worth it getting a new AM since Adli is on his way, and getting someone on loan seems unnecessary. Brahim will get back to playing better and I thought he did good against Spezia.
100%

people are conflating their feelings with what is needed... these "old farts" have been scoring. vs big teams and crucial goals too. we're 2nd in goals score but 5-6 th in goals conceded....it's clear striker is not our problem. while in defence, even without the stats, we lost our best defender. our 3rd defender is unreliable (at least not suited for our game)...Kalulu and Gabbia will come with time.

for RW. Messias came to replace Samu. unfortunately, we could not offload him. so he (& Conti) was surplus to requirement. sure he did win us a game this season...but, as you said, he won't need to be replaced.

for CF, i also don't think Pellegri will be replaced. as i thought and said months earlier, that Pellegri would be redeemed at the end of the season. i did not expect to happen in january, but i knew that was the plan. regarless of "performance". he is 3rd striker in a 1 striker formation. won't have have nearly enough time on the field to "perform"... this was a 100% opportunity move. a wonderkid (or former, who has not exploded because of injuries but is still only 20) available for 7M (now 3-4M?) ... you just can't pass that. low risk -SUPER high reward... if we did not take him someone else would.

how many times did we NEED him to play? and that was when we had a busier schedule with CL .... we def won't NEED him so can send him on loan to get that gametime and continuity he so needs... Rebic is the 3rd striker ... which is actually essential for his game time too. If he had to share only LW minutes with this current Leao, we would have a pretty unhappy Ante.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Julian Alvarez is a big miss. Unfortuntaley another attacking talent we miss out, but that is to be expected at this point. Can't compete against City and neglecting RW/AM/ST position has been part of this club's philosophy for years.

Alvarez plays both as RW and CF and has the characteristics we miss, also is used to press like crazy thanks to being coached by Gallardo, something that a lot of South Americans usually first have to learn when moving to Europe. Really a shame, but again expected.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you serious? :eek:
How is iBra, Giroud, and Pellegri even close to a proper striking lineup? :fp:
Then there is Messias and Saelemakers....both very inconsistent. Again...not complete.

I agree that the CB needs to be fixed first....Kalulu isn't the type of player to watch while vaccinated :o
Because you can’t fix everything in one go. We fixed a LOT this past summer. Next year we will fix more.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Orsato removed/being unavailable is fishy. Job done in the night.. god save milan

If we get fucked and complain, well we changed ref for you wtf do u want? I don’t like this one bit.. all thieves

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Orsato removed/being unavailable is fishy. Job done in the night.. god save milan

If we get fucked and complain, well we changed ref for you wtf do u want? I don’t like this one bit.. all thieves
Orsato, on 26 April 2021 when Joaquin Correa scored for Lazio to make it 2-0 at the Stadio Olimpico, but a clear foul by Lucas Leiva on Calhanoglu at the beginning of the move forced the VAR chief Mazzoleni to call Orsato to the monitor.

The referee – instead of looking at the incident with total clarity – instead seemed to be annoyed and almost insulted by the call of his colleague. After an eleven second review of the incident he allowed the goal to stand, and said to the VAR room: “”But what are you telling me?”
Totally forgot about that. He was so god dammed annoyed that the VAR dared question him. It was a clear foul and he just refused to admit a mistake. So weird.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Total agreement between River Plate, Manchester City and Julián Álvarez. As account
@verobrunati, the player will stay in Argentina until June to play the Copa Libertadores and then the decision will be made whether to take him to England or leave him on loan to River or another European team.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Yes, Paolo and the Singers totally slipped some Covid into his lungs.
We aren't that powerful you know.
That said, Juve must be quaking in their pants with no 12th man advantage.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Because you can’t fix everything in one go. We fixed a LOT this past summer. Next year we will fix more.
Ok so let's say for argument's sake we can't get
RW, CB and CF a whopping three players ...

Can we get one or two?

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Julian Alvarez is a big miss. Unfortuntaley another attacking talent we miss out, but that is to be expected at this point. Can't compete against City and neglecting RW/AM/ST position has been part of this club's philosophy for years.

Alvarez plays both as RW and CF and has the characteristics we miss, also is used to press like crazy thanks to being coached by Gallardo, something that a lot of South Americans usually first have to learn when moving to Europe. Really a shame, but again expected.
Agree, still better that he went to premier league ,than if some Seria A team bought him.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Botman and Bremer for the next season would be big moves.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This Julian Alvarez-Milan link is, to me, one of those "Journalist's" fabrications that fans ran with it to fulfill their fantasies. then end up saying on "damn! we missed out on Alvarez!"

i have a strong feeling that if you ask Maldini. he'll say "bitch, who!?"

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok so let's say for argument's sake we can't get
RW, CB and CF a whopping three players ...

Can we get one or two?
No the problem is that each one of those, if theyre going to be good enough to be an upgrade, is worth 25-30m. The priority now is suddenly CB, so that’s why we’re going for Botman or whoever else we pick. Anything cheap won’t be better than Giroud or Messias. We can’t spend on three 30m players in one go, not yet anyway.

We don’t want to buy players and be stuck with them, hell even Messias is on loan. I’m surprised FBT wasn’t a loan. What they’ve done since lockdown is to be extremely careful with the risks they take and once they know the risk is worth it, they pounce (Maignan, Tomori, Tonali). If it’s a low risk move, then that means we’re just kicking the can down the road until we find a good opportunity for a real upgrade (Messias, Giroud, Brahim).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
South American footballer of the year 2021. Picked up for 21m. You don't have to be rich. You just got to be smart. Good thing for City to have both going for them.
I think it’s extremely naive to think they only paid 21m. It’s also not that smart since we, total amateurs, have seen him play and think he’s great. I’m sure professional scouts have seen a lot more of him than we have.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule