• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I wouldn’t complain or worry about “too many” goalkeepers. The Colombian guy cost far less than what we paid for lazetic, he’s basically the cost of a youth player, which nobody would whine about.

It’s a little reactive but sometimes this stuff happens, they counted on maignan being available and he hasn’t been. The other keepers are closer to 40 and not very good, and we have a lot of must win games in serie a(title race) and a winnable CL tie soon.

Sportiello should come in the summer but for a position that’s so cheap in general, there’s no reason we shouldnt bring in someone better than Tata now if we can. They’re fixing an issue immediately that many of you complained about and people complain about having too many keepers, lol. The oldies will be gone in a matter of months, we can afford to pay a bit extra now if it helps out season.
The guys always counting every dime when Mg't can't close a deal and think a player is too expensive *cough*cough*Faivre*cough*
suddenly greenlight the buying of a bunch of no-name players: "Relax they're cheap"
:proud:

We better not be short ONE DOLLAR in any future negotiation because we're balling apparently :o

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Guys like Leo who just got shitcanned for being an incompetent prick at PSG?
I know its hard to be humble given who we are (Milan ppl) but lets choose moments here... we lost a 19yo & kessie (who the feck are they?)... Leo didnt even lose Mbappe to Real Madrid.

Leo is many things... ineffective he isnt!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I say again rebuilding true greatness doesn’t happen in a short space of time.

veerusai.gif

Bought the club in '86... and back-to-back European champions by 1990... more accomplishments followed.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
veerusai.gif

Bought the club in '86... and back-to-back European champions by 1990... more accomplishments followed.
Different times and different approach back then money was no object - different approach this time round. In the modern game throwing money at the issue doesn’t always bring success

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know its hard to be humble given who we are (Milan ppl) but lets choose moments here... we lost a 19yo & kessie (who the feck are they?)... Leo didnt even lose Mbappe to Real Madrid.

Wait, Leo didn't loose Mbappe because he was mad enough to offer him 630M to stay. That's half the buying price of our entire club. And he got sacked for that audacity.

I mean imagine being sacked for too much spending - by PSG (!) of all clubs. That's an astonishing achievement, but not in a positive way 😅

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its not even abt winning all the time... we have always had iconic players... we were the envy world over... fecking Real and little bit of pep&barca in recent times... ppl still remember the Milan of old.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Leo is shit! I think one of the conditions of Mbappe renewal was that Leonardo be fired!!

Al Khelaifi was dealing directly with Mbappe. And the Emir of Qatar, told Al Khelaifi that he can give Mbappe whatever he wants, but he better not lose him! The Emir also got the President of France to call Mbappe and ask him to stay!!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leo is shit! I think one of the conditions of Mbappe renewal was that Leonardo be fired!!

Al Khelaifi was dealing directly with Mbappe. And the Emir of Qatar, told Al Khelaifi that he can give Mbappe whatever he wants, but he better not lose him! The Emir also got the President of France to call Mbappe and ask him to stay!!

Or that 😅

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Its not even abt winning all the time... we have always had iconic players... we were the envy world over... fecking Real and little bit of pep&barca in recent times... ppl still remember the Milan of old.
People will always remember the Milan of old - This Milan the modern Milan will rebuild and create a new legacy that years down the line will be remembered in the same way. Have some patience my friend.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

How can you even have shrouds of doubt that Tonali will be an icone one day 😭

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^Real reason he stayed!

Still, Leo was the director at the time... credit goes to his office!

It's kind of like the Ex-Ceo of Microsoft, Steve Balmer, made a few billion the day he announced his retirement. He was such a crap CEO that MS shares jumped up a big amount when he made the retirement announcement!! Balmer, being one of the biggest shareholders of Microsoft at the time, made a killing!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t want to share a stadium anymore, especially not with a club in financial distress that’s moments away from being seized by their creditor.

I understand the notion of cutting costs in the building of the stadium and all that but we would make significantly less over time if we share a stadium, plus the compounded costs per season we would pay in two teams using the same pitch frequently.

I would much rather build a smaller 45k stadium we solely own than a 60k shared stadium.
Why do you think we would make significantly less over time, sure for naming rights it‘s bad for example but for revenue from non-game-day facilities it‘s a positive, I‘d think that overall it doesn‘t make a big difference.

50-55k is the lowest we should consider imo.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Europe took the piss with England... no need to have them banned for so long in late 80s... shudve kept them in the periphery.
Look wot they have done now... went and created their own brand with blackjack&hookers

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
That drive for profitability is for the shareholders, not the club... and you still cheer for them.
I am trying to explain why certain decisions are being made, which is not the same as "cheering for them". That said, we went from over a decade of disappointment to some success (back to CL, Serie A). They deserve credit for that.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chinese owners' problem was that they kept a shit management ( Fassone, Mirabelli ). It's better to have a strong management than a shit management who can spend a lot.

So overall Elliott / Rebird are better than the Chinese because the club management is much better now. Then if you were to combine good management with good spending that's when you become a really top club ( Real Madrid, Man City )
A few of us have tried to explain (multiple times) why the spending is not likely to happen. It would be nice of some of you made an effort to try to understand, rather than resorting to endless whining.

The spending by the Chinese owners, which y'all think was great, almost brought us to ruin (close to bankruptcy and sanctions from UEFA), so I fail to understand why y'all think it was that grand.

In any case, I had it. Keep up the whining if that makes y'all happy.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not caring about profitability is how we ended up in the banter era. The reason why Berlusconi lost interest and was forced by his kids to sell the club was because it was losing them 100m a year. If the club was profitable, they wouldn’t have sold it and who knows how successful we would have been in the past decade. We all cheer for the club, but are happy the financials are finally getting fixed because it means we’re not at the mercy of the whims of an owner.
Not sure why it is so hard for people to understand this

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think that was a time when top club revenues started to explode. Clubs like Real and Barca started spending like crazy and drove their revenues sky high. While clubs that were worried about profit / loss who tried to cut costs by selling expensive players like Zlatan and Thiago Silva lost out!!

That period was the worst time to concentrate on profitability rather than revenue growth!!
This is a rather simplistic view of things.

RM and Barca could afford to spend because they have serious financial backing (RM from Spain, Barca from Catalonia). Berlu could not afford to do so, and Milan was not set up to be self sufficient financially (which goes to the real root of the problem). More important, other clubs (RM, Barca, most ELP clubs) found ways to exploit new financial opportunities that opened up around that time, while Milan was stuck with obsolete financial structures, and remained fully dependent on Berlu's willingness to spend money. That is the real difference.

But ... whatever. Clearly, I am wasting my time.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do you think us lot wud be here now if :b:'s Milan was profitable? I know I wudnt be...
I guess that is the difference, I was a Milan fan long before Berlu :--)

In any case, what people fail to grasp is that had Berlu built a solid financial structure for the team, we would have not ended up with over a decade of utter misery (would have not been that hard for him to do so either). Ironically, he was well ahead of times when he took over Milan, but ended well behind times in his last decade

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why do you think we would make significantly less over time, sure for naming rights it‘s bad for example but for revenue from non-game-day facilities it‘s a positive, I‘d think that overall it doesn‘t make a big difference.

50-55k is the lowest we should consider imo.
When it comes to matchday revenue, sharing the stadium wouldn’t make a difference as we would take our whole share for home matches. But for non-Milan/Inter matches and non-footballing related entertainment, we would have to split everything down the middle. Also, any residual income we could make from shopping centers/entertainment venues that are adjacent to the stadium would have to be shared with them. Lastly, decision making on every little detail would have to be agreed with them as it wouldn’t be stadium to do what we please.

Sharing stadiums is an archaic practice in football. Practically every stadium that is shared is owned by the council/municipality/city, etc. We have been under those conditions for almost 80 years. We shouldn’t continue to share a stadium when we finally get our freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule