Round of 16: Italy 2-0 Spain - 27 June 2016 18:00 CET

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
tumblr_o9g19yom9e1qesncyo2_500.gif

tumblr_o9g2gbYJul1qiy96so2_500.png

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Muhahahahha what a match to win via lottery!

Amazing experience. Antonio Conte is part psycho part genius. It's incredible to watch him for 90 minutes. I don't think I saw him stand still for even a second. Either instructing a player, or yelling at his staff and subs.. His energy alone lifts this team to a threshold level. Amazing guy.

The team was magnificent, particularly the first 15 minutes. I had no idea Italy was gonna play like this off the blocks. Around 30-35% of the stadium was Italian tifosi, rest were all Spanish. But the noise made was easily more from the Italians.

I appreciate Giaccherini so much more after watching him live. He's very pivotal to the way this team plays. So is de Rossi and even de Sciglio had a pretty nifty game.

The smoothest triangles and understanding that I saw was between Giac, De Sciglio and Chiellini.

But of course, as is obvious to everyone, the spine of this team is BBC and Buffon. The four of them just seem so bloody cool. Even when Spain started putting pressure later on, they just transmitted this sense of calm to everyone else. Especially Gigi who was almost as calm as someone playing a practice game. Incredible body language.

Loudest cheers in the stadium were for his series of saves in the last ten minutes.

Tactically, Conte got this absolutely spot on. De Rossi dominated his area early on, spending plenty of energy (probably planning a 50 min game from the beginning) and kept getting the wing backs involved.. And Spain struggled to close them down while Giac kept slipping past. They seemed to have been expecting a much more reactive game from Italy. Seemed to have no particular game plan in mind.

Del bosque looked indifferent and bored half the time. His staff was more animated.
cuntromancer you absolute cunt! roud:
Five Milan shirts in the ground that I spotted including mine. Two Napoli, two Juve and one Roma.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ah apparently DDR had a small knock. Was so bloody good in the first half.

The referee was booed thoroughly and deservedly btw.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Italy winning the title would be the next best thing after milan having success. Croatia or italy for me but since croatia is out, forza italia.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
great game. very well deserved!!

so many players played well, but conte was the man of the match!!

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
No word of a resignation or decision from Spanish FA on Del Bosque? Spain look utterly devoid of any fight or motivation.
A golden generation of Spanish coaches to choose from, Emery, Marcelino, Valverde etc. and my personal pick Paco Jemez (how fun would his style be with a world class squad?), and they're still sticking with Del Bosque. What a waste.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No word of a resignation or decision from Spanish FA on Del Bosque? Spain look utterly devoid of any fight or motivation.
A golden generation of Spanish coaches to choose from, Emery, Marcelino, and my personal pick Paco Jemez (how fun would his style be with a world class squad?), and they're still sticking with Del Bosque. What a waste.

Just got fired according to AS.

He should've saved himself from this embarrassment and resigned, instead of talking about the WC qualifications in post-game interviews.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I'm gonna leave this here

7035473511835.jpg

57351735935.jpg

90351273516535.jpg

373568358035.jpg

1173578353735.jpg

693523352535.jpg

1283537359435.jpg

5535753512635.jpg

150351083510535.jpg

1835723513835.jpg

tumblr_o9ghnzonEM1u61dhyo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o9gik9FfkO1u61dhyo1_540.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Cl_j3LMWYAAWBU8.jpg

What does it mean tho? [google translate gives me gloatus]

-e-

ok.
The perfect way to start the day: coffee, croissant and La Gazzetta dello Sport proclaiming ‘Godemos’, a mixture of the Italian word for 'enjoy’ and the Spanish term 'Vamos!’ - 'let’s go!’ Italy were 'unstoppable’ according to the pink-sheeted sports daily. And now on to the next 'final’ against Germany on Saturday

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Muhahahahha what a match to win via lottery!

Amazing experience. Antonio Conte is part psycho part genius. It's incredible to watch him for 90 minutes. I don't think I saw him stand still for even a second. Either instructing a player, or yelling at his staff and subs.. His energy alone lifts this team to a threshold level. Amazing guy.

The team was magnificent, particularly the first 15 minutes. I had no idea Italy was gonna play like this off the blocks. Around 30-35% of the stadium was Italian tifosi, rest were all Spanish. But the noise made was easily more from the Italians.

I appreciate Giaccherini so much more after watching him live. He's very pivotal to the way this team plays. So is de Rossi and even de Sciglio had a pretty nifty game.

The smoothest triangles and understanding that I saw was between Giac, De Sciglio and Chiellini.

But of course, as is obvious to everyone, the spine of this team is BBC and Buffon. The four of them just seem so bloody cool. Even when Spain started putting pressure later on, they just transmitted this sense of calm to everyone else. Especially Gigi who was almost as calm as someone playing a practice game. Incredible body language.

Loudest cheers in the stadium were for his series of saves in the last ten minutes.

Tactically, Conte got this absolutely spot on. De Rossi dominated his area early on, spending plenty of energy (probably planning a 50 min game from the beginning) and kept getting the wing backs involved.. And Spain struggled to close them down while Giac kept slipping past. They seemed to have been expecting a much more reactive game from Italy. Seemed to have no particular game plan in mind.

Del bosque looked indifferent and bored half the time. His staff was more animated.

Five Milan shirts in the ground that I spotted including mine. Two Napoli, two Juve and one Roma.

Lucky you

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
love love looooved this game :heart:

I taped it and watched it over two evenings so I wouldn't miss a second

everyone was great! and I almost forgot what an a$$ chiellini always is against Milan in seria a...almost

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
my husband kept asking me when balotelli was going to be subbed

now?

is he playing yet?

let me know when conte puts him in the game!

:lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes I was.. Right behind and a little high above Buffon in the second half.

It made me truly appreciate what an extraordinary player he is..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Damn pelle is a tank. As muscular as me :eek:.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol::lol: lmao i love that confidence man, keep it up :D:lol:

You do realize that i have been training for 3 years consistently. Actually i am probably even bigger than him. I have also played rugby. So...i am naturally built like a brick shithouse.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
You do realize that i have been training for 3 years consistently. Actually i am probably even bigger than him. I have also played rugby. So...i am naturally built like a brick shithouse.

shirtless pics? :lol:

Schedule