Not open for further replies.

fo shizzle

Whigga!
Reaction score
Do not burn New coach especially if he is ex our player
inzaghi, gattuso, is enough, let them learn some where else with less pressure

I prefer abate become asistant of wc coach before eventually coaching Milan

The same way as Arteta before he handle arsenal
I was thinking short term and I agree, it would be a horror flashback to the worst of the Galliani days, but a care taker is usualy either a coach who is out of job or some one recruited from internal ranks. And we won't choose a foreign care taker if the solution is to find a proper coach for long term in the summer, I imagine. So who da fuck?

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
352 is trash. We aren’t Juventus

Just play 433 it’s not that hard
433 you say? :ibralol:

#Pioli : "Definitely a 3-man defense in the next few weeks, then we'll see in the offensive phase. The game plan was to wait for Inter in their own half, but then once we had the ball we had to take some positions to get the team up and this didn't he succeeded" #intermilan

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I’m sick and tired of these clowns using Tata as a scapegoat when they have not been delivering themselves. Gtfo. I don’t care how bad Tata has been (he wasn’t yesterday fyi), you guys are also underperforming. Stop pointing fingers at him. It’s tiring

Fans who do that is also tiring by the way, Tata is not perfect and has many flaws of course, but scapegoating him ignores our real issues at hand, which are many. Those issues can’t be ignored.

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
I’m sick and tired of these clowns using Tata as a scapegoat when they have not been delivering themselves. Gtfo. I don’t care how bad Tata has been (he wasn’t yesterday fyi), you guys are also underperforming. Stop pointing fingers at him. It’s tiring

Fans who do that is also tiring by the way, Tata is not perfect but scapegoating him ignores our real issues at hand, which are many. Those issues can’t be ignored.

i blame positivity force for this behaviour

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

Fans who do that is also tiring by the way, Tata is not perfect but scapegoating him ignores our real issues at hand, which are many. Those issues can’t be ignored.

Whilst I agree with you. Having him in goal is just another thing for the team to worry about.

Our greatest strength is our mentality and belief. Problem is when things start going wrong it's also our greatest weakness.

By management not addressing the Tata problem it led to us conceding stupid goals. Suddenly we lost confidence and even if he does play alright he was one of the key triggers in our mental failure. It's also worth adding that he does have some absolute shockers still.

Couple that with a coach who has seemingly lost the plot. Management who have not made the right calls lately and a tight owner. It's a proper flashback to the banter era.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
The sad truth is that Pioli will finally discover that CDK RW is the answer to his problems.

343, with Leao Origi CDK.
The sad truth is that he will not, even after all this mess. He thought Messias in 5 man mid with Leao on bench was the solution.
He has completely lost it.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We desperately need new CB DM RW and CF
All starter quality that we intend to start for us and this is at a minimum to make us a good team. If we want to reach CL final then a lot more will have to be done

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The sad truth is that Pioli will finally discover that CDK RW is the answer to his problems.

343, with Leao Origi CDK.
the levels of cope in this post

maybe when he's coaching in serie c and boots up a 2023 Milan FM save

milan_rudi

Beginner
Reaction score

Fans who do that is also tiring by the way, Tata is not perfect and has many flaws of course, but scapegoating him ignores our real issues at hand, which are many. Those issues can’t be ignored.

36 y.o GK with a lot of experience still cant make decisions when should i go for the ball when i should stay on line?
Got 2 or 3 occasions last night when he decided to stay rather than come out to catch the ball no wonder everyone mad at him
But last night he was better than vs saleritana, lecce, torino, inter (Super cup), lazio and sassuolo combine :D..

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Pioli went extreme last night in adding not only another CB but another CM. This meant no space for Leao, which was insane.

If he wants to continue in a 3 atb, which he said he will, then I see no way forward except this:

We defend and keep a 541 shape in defense, which seems necessary now with our low confidence. When needed, we can morph into our typical 4231 without changing any players. Every one of the 11 is in their correct zone, and protected. We lose a bit in the central space, and probably can't press as well as we have in the past three years, but we haven't been doing much pressing there recently because of Giroud and the AM choices anyway.

Giroud, Calabria, Gabbia and Kjaer need to stay the fuck away from the starting 11.

Rebic for Oliver and we good... Oli needs a long rest!!!

Let's go full mobile TERROR BOIZ out there!!!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
If we don't beat Torino, and then lose to Tottenham (lol based on our current gameplay I'm scared) then the line 10000% has to be drawn. It's bad enough as it is. Another game where some players look disinterested or disheartened on the pitch. When your coach is primarily known as a motivator and can't even do that, what is the point? The change in formation doesn't help when you pick some of the worst possible players to fit it.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
is XL the actual roman numbers or put in there for the onlyfans name? :lol:

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Whilst I agree with you. Having him in goal is just another thing for the team to worry about.

Our greatest strength is our mentality and belief. Problem is when things start going wrong it's also our greatest weakness.

By management not addressing the Tata problem it led to us conceding stupid goals. Suddenly we lost confidence and even if he does play alright he was one of the key triggers in our mental failure. It's also worth adding that he does have some absolute shockers still.

Couple that with a coach who has seemingly lost the plot. Management who have not made the right calls lately and a tight owner. It's a proper flashback to the banter era.
The whole league is entering an indefinite collective banter era.
Serie A has effectively become a development league. The big teams can’t afford to buy top talent from smaller teams because Bournemouth and the likes 100% of the time will be able to offer more money than any Serie A team. That coupled with players running down their contracts and leaving for free for other leagues makes for a very bleak future for calcio if you ask me.

Now people will come at me and say that Serie A has improved as a whole over the last couple of years. While that is true it doesn’t mean that the Premier League isn’t moving forward at a faster pace than all other leagues.
The gap is widening and there’s very little anybody can do about it.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Said it weeks ago , Tata > defense.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Serie A has effectively become a development league. The big teams can’t afford to buy top talent from smaller teams because Bournemouth and the likes 100% of the time will be able to offer more money than any Serie A team. That coupled with players running down their contracts and leaving for free for other leagues makes for a very bleak future for calcio if you ask me.

Now people will come at me and say that Serie A has improved as a whole over the last couple of years. While that is true it doesn’t mean that the Premier League isn’t moving forward at a faster pace than all other leagues.
I'd say it's both sides.

You're right that the development of the league as a whole i.e. revenue increases, stadiums, etc is not going in a positive direction overall and Serie A can't compete with any EPL team. However, the quality of the teams in the league - the competition - has improved to a degree. It's no longer Juventus steamrolling. You had Inter win the league under Conte and spending money, you had our Scudetto run, and now Napoli cruising on a high. Four teams in four years it's looking like to win the Scudetto. Even the top 4 has actual movement in the teams aiming for a spot in CL, the likes of Roma, Lazio, and Atalanta challenging the other big four teams (Milan, Inter, Juventus, Napoli). The quality of players also seemed to have peaked - at least for the Milan teams and Napoli - the last couple of seasons. The issue is holding onto those players, as you've said. Even smaller teams like Empoli and Monza are showing some level of capability. Only 2-3 teams are really struggling but that happens in every league every year.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
That's the thing: is it just a crisis or a downward spiral?

If we are honest with ourselves, we realise that it is the latter. Pioli must have rested too much on his laurels since the Scudetto. The problems we have or the mistakes we make have been going on since matchday 1. Just remember how easy it was for Udinese to score from crosses here.

Pioli assumed he could continue with Bennacer/Tonali as before and underestimated the function of Kessie. His consequence was to pull the handbrake on Theo and tie him up more defensively. In doing so, he robbed us of a strength at the same time. I assumed he would push Pobega into that role. In any case, the statistics would have confirmed it, but Pioli sees him as much more attacking. In addition, there were certainly a lot of injuries, whereby one should not only put bad luck in the room here, but also question the role of the coaching team.

I personally had high hopes for the World Cup break because it would have given the team the opportunity to make adjustments - tactically/strategically and not on the Mercato. But what have we done in this break please, when our learning now is to switch to 3-5-2 while giving up completely offensively. One month after the break, mind you. This is a revelation by the coach, also considering the fact that almost all the players he played with were champions, and at the same time it might have been the oldest starting eleven of the last three years. Afterwards he stands up and says the team has to "mature"? I can't accept that at this point.

It would have been different to retain our basic virtues of the last three years and, if necessary, change to a 4-3-3 and provide more stability with an additional DM. Given the inferiority of our midfield in the Supercoppa, that would also have made sense. If Thiaw, Adli and De Ketelaere then play instead of Kjaer, Messias and Giroud, I can also halfway accept losing 1-0 and saying afterwards how we have to mature.
That brings me to my next point: the integration of new arrivals is worrying. What Pioli is doing with De Ketelaere and Adli is like a dismantling and we are well on the way to completely destroying assets here. That combined with possibly missing out on the Champions League would set us back years again.

Moreover, Pioli has so far failed to get the team back on track mentally after the collapse against Roma and the knockout against Torino. How long should we give him?

After yesterday, we can now attest to having the version of Pioli that everyone here feared with his attitude. Everything that could be credited to him so far is gone.

The coaching market, on the other hand, is interesting: Gallardo (!), Enrique, Pochettino, Tuchel...

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it's a controversial take. But I didn't dislike Piolis 3-5-2. I only (massively) disliked his player choice in the starting line-up. Messias RCM!? No Leao despite soooo much space to exploit!? Calabria who's clearly physically out of form (couldn't handle Di Marco even a little bit) RFB instead of Saele? No Vranckx? Why did he hide Thiaw for so long and gave the space instead to Gabbia!? So many questions. Pioli corrected most of them in the 2nd half and voilà, the game became even. Why not just start like that?

I also didn't dislike our very conservative approach to the game. I know people say we gave away an entire half. But for once I agree that after conceding 3-4 goals in the first 45 minutes for four weeks straight, this time around it was more important to be compact and not concede, and only from then on to see what we can do upfront. Unfortunately, we conceded once again from a fucking set-piece, and it also has to be said that Inter was knocking on Tatas goal even before that. Which is not surprising at all when you try out an entirely new formation. The error was to wait for this long. It wasn't necessary to let it be the Inter game to try something entirely new.

Speaking of Tata. Great night. That's what I'm asking from him. The difference was evident: He kept the team in the game und bought us time to work a way out to at least get a draw with a lucky punch. We barely had this chance for weeks (if not even longer) because we were already three or four goals behind at halftime with many of them absolutely avoidable, even when the defending wasn't superb. But yeah, last night he finally delivered a performance worth of a goalkeeper, even if he's only the 2nd GK. But that's his fucking job. Anyway, credits when credit is due. He's also my MVP of yesterday.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Good list of players with their contract ending this summer

It's a shame we can't afford any of their agent fees

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You are 100% right about the gap to the PL. However otherwise little has changed, German Bundesliga didn't manage to set itself apart from Serie A and is actually regressing since their short high 10-12 years ago. Ligue 1 has more problems than Serie A and is the only halfway realistic candidate to ever threaten the top 4 European leagues.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I don't have anything against 3 CB's man formation per se either but, fucking Messi ass as midfielder? Origi-Giroud upfront, with zero creativity in the mid?

And what was our plan, to defend and play on the counter with fucking Giroud? Brilliant. :lol:

The worst thing is that we didn't even defend that well, although we conceded "only" one goal, but Inter put a lot of pressure on us and easily created chances whole game (especially in the first half).

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
For the folks who still sre in favor of Pioli to stay...can I ask why?

I mean...whats the point?

The dude doesnt change anything

What he does change just ends up being rubbish anyways

The players dont have a clue what they are doing on the pitch

The asshole literally benched our best player for the derby

Has horribly failed at integrating youth...and we are a youth project ironically.

What exactly is wrong with getting a caretaker manager? At the very least it will give the team a minor boost.

Because as of now, there is a real chance we dont qualify for the CL if we retain baldie.

After this season, serious questions also need to be asked of management. Yes, they were hamstrung by the transfer budget - but they still got money to spend. Almost 80% of the transfers they have had made in the last two years have proven to be absolute duds.
I really doubt anyone is in favor of Pioli staying.
As for me I only argue reasons & causes because Pioli isnt the main problem nor the solution despite the fact that he would the easiest way for a short fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule