The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

delira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Pirlo
I just wanted to ask, how's Pioli doing in the CL this year?

And we got lucky, REAL lucky lady year, that Napoli and Tottenham played into our hands... That wasn't a "Pioli masterclass".

Conte's issues are a worry, I'm not advocating his hiring, just playing devil's advocate...
Pioli managed to go where Conte never went with prime juve and inter lmao

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Carlo bottled both of these games:

maxresdefault.jpg

Liverpool-v-AC-Milan-2005.webp

What an awesome manager 👏👌😎
Carlo underachieved with us. He needed 165 games to reach to 100 wins with all those amazing players we had. Just for record Pioli needed 166 games to reach to 100 wins
carlo getting dragged in these conte debates

shrek-smirk-shrek-sus.gif

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Will be extremely important that Colombo gets a few goals between now and May, if not, we'd have to pay a premium price for Buongiorno. IMO if we get Conte him, Tomori and Thiaw is perfect for his 3ATB

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Again, you didn’t refute any of the points I made. How can you say Conte is trending downwards due to one season at a notoriously difficult club for manager’s to work at? The last time Spurs qualified for the CL was during poch’s tenure and his final season there was a mess. In other words, conte’s time at spurs was an anomaly.

You attempted to create a false equivalence with Conte and Mourinho which is absurd and hyperbolic yet you accuse me of hyperbole. Conte tasted league success at every big club he’s managed bar his most recent stint at spurs.

Maybe on Internet forums occupied by laymen such as you and I we can make conclusions that conte is finished and no big club wants him due to last season, but we don’t make those decisions let alone be privy to those conversations.

I’d rather not be involved in a circular discussion. If the rumours end up being true and we land this champion to manage Milan, I’m sure he will show his quality. In the meantime, enjoy the current show.

Why do I got to refute anything - you keep saying you dont care what others say so move along.
I pointed out an error in your argument and you got to name calling and finding excuses and making assumptions instead of just looking at what has transpired since he left Spurs.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Turkish press write Besiktas want to end Rebic contract immediatly. So last season our CF depth chart was Giroud, a player that Besiktas want to fire, a player that Notthingham want to get rid of immediatly, 300 years old Ibra and a spineless belgian kid

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sure..

Bigger question...

Why has ABSOLUTELY NO team given Pioli the chance to manage a team of superstars?

And what has Carlo's shortcoming have to do with Pioli currently lol?
I didn't mention initially Pioli , just said that Carlo underachieved with a team of superstars and i brought Pioli here just as comparassion how much Carlo underachieved.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Turkish press write Besiktas want to end Rebic contract immediatly. So last season our CF depth chart was Giroud, a player that Besiktas want to fire, a player that Notthingham want to get rid of immediatly, 300 years old Ibra and a spineless belgian kid
Man what happened to Rebic? I loved that guy, form fell off a cliff

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I didn't mention initially Pioli , just said that Carlo underachieved with a team of superstars and i brought Pioli here just as comparassion how much Carlo underachieved.
Kinda mute point?

Carlo underachieving is one thing, comparing him to Pioli in any way is baffling to me.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Sure looks strong on paper :rolleyes:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probably those damned algorithms fault?

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Well for starters, that's a lie.

Second, the stats I showed for Conte are not Domestic League stats only.

My phone has a cracked screen so I read his wins as games played.

But it rounds up to 1.9 in both domestic and all comps.

Now that's sorted. Just because you throw a bunch of stats out there doesn't negate the fact that Conte still has a defensive reputation. Does his teams score goals yes they do. His Inter and Chelsea teams were excellent on transitions because they use to score first and early then sit back and hit teams on the counter. (Cool if youre Leicester City) Both Mourinho and Rafa Benitez teams have generally played like this as well and we know what their reputation is. Conte when his teams have to take the initiative that's where his teams come up short especially in international football. You can overpower teams in Serie A because the quality level isn't that high. Every season there is about 2-3 very strong teams another 2-3 good teams and the rest are a mishmash of yoyo teams overperforming underperformed team and ones that are just out right shit.

Most teams build up from a 3atb shape in one form or the other anyway. Whether it's one FB pushes up the other tucks inside to or nowadays the FB becomes a half back. And Conte's isn't full out right terrorism he'll play a winger in one of the WB roles. The real issue is that it isn't a flexible fluid set up and very rigid going off what he was doing at Spurs. So that too can be regarded as being defensive because its a tried and tested method that doesn't change its predictable.

Maxer44

Primavera
Reaction score
Pal, our second best coach of the century is a lifelong Inter fan and while drunk during Milan's scudetto celebrations chanted Forza Inter. Get a grip ffs.
Dude we are not talking about Klopp here,the only positive about signing Conte in my mind is that I assume that some investment comes with him.
Other than that hes done absolutely nothing for me to think he's a good fit here.

With this squad and investment style he'd do no better than Pioli , probably worse.

As far as the chanting is concerned,can't believe I never heard that,if it's true ,should have been sacked on the spot.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That would be the best option anyway. People have no problem putting their trust in coaches that never coached a big club, but god forbid to give a Scudetto winning coach time and breathing room.
God forbid anyone give a Sporting Director and club legend breathing room... Oh wait...

You're loyal I'll give you that Bro, but I feel you and a few others are pissing in the wind regarding giving Pioli more time and resources to what, fix his own mess and shortcomings lol?

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
After scudetto some people doubted in Pioli's input in this success and were laughed off. I was one of Pioli's defenders then as well. I truly believed in idea of players following his great instructions.
I was completely wrong.
Now I'm entirely sure this success was despite Pioli's input, not thanks to it. Everything what Pioli has done since then aimed at keeping us in second league tier. This season looks like a mockery, Pioli doesn't even pretend to try, he just wants to hurt us as much as he can. Pure sabotage.
Since last season Pioli is a guarantee of Inter's success. Each moment of having him as a coach is wasted.

Therefore there isn't a coach who could do worse than Pioli. If there was one in charge, players would do whatever they want - just like in scudetto season - and win one game and lose another. Same happens right now - if we win, we win because of quality players. If we lose, we lose because of a wrecker in charge.
Let him go and see him going to another Fiorentina or Bologna, that's his level. There noone expects to compete with Inter, therefore Pioli won't have to destroy another team. Calcio directors know that so noone is after him.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
After scudetto some people doubted in Pioli's input in this success and were laughed off. I was one of Pioli's defenders then as well. I truly believed in idea of players following his great instructions.
I was completely wrong.
Now I'm entirely sure this success was despite Pioli's input, not thanks to it. Everything what Pioli has done since then aimed at keeping us in second league tier. This season looks like a mockery, Pioli doesn't even pretend to try, he just wants to hurt us as much as he can. Pure sabotage.
Since last season Pioli is a guarantee of Inter's success. Each moment of having him as a coach is wasted.

Therefore there isn't a coach who could do worse than Pioli. If there was one in charge, players would do whatever they want - just like in scudetto season - and win one game and lose another. Same happens right now - if we win, we win because of quality players. If we lose, we lose because of a wrecker in charge.
Let him go and see him going to another Fiorentina or Bologna, that's his level. There noone expects to compete with Inter, therefore Pioli won't have to destroy another team. Calcio directors know that so noone is after him.
I said a few times "let's see what pioli can do with better players, players that he thinks got his ideas"... Well we've seen that play out, and yeah, he should go.

And I was never a fan but thought he at least deserved a chance to help us level up.

We're still a bunch of headless chickens made of glass with no dog in them half the time.

Honestly if I thought the world was flat I'd be convinced that Pioli was also an actual double agent for Merda.

I can't believe people are truly and genuinely defending this guy, let alone brining Sacchi and Carlo's names in to the argument lol...

8a3c47ae2942186a1867e61a2b050ad0.jpg

Yeah guys your points look totally legit, let's offer Pioli tenure at the club and move on yeah... Actual lol

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly if I thought the world was flat I'd be convinced that Pioli was also an actual double agent for Merda.
There is no other explenation of last season, last summer mercato and this horrendous season, of him defending our incompetent fitness coach and laying in front of Inter with our legs spread as wide as we can - then him being, paid or not, strong supporter of Inter's interests in our club.
Like come on, this dude went into the season with Krunić as DM and formation based on three midfielders dribbling all the time. Formation is taken entirely from 1970 (if anyone doesn't believe me than go and watch world cups from that time, we in Poland do that all the time).
Noone sane and honest would choose it, take a look at it and think "yeah, that'll do"

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli wasn’t always a fraud and he isn’t now that’s ridiculous. He is what I’ve always said, a good not great coach. You all are judging to standards that a massive club does and should have, and that’s why it’s time for him to leave as the cycle is over.

The issue and what separates Pioli from managers considered above him is adaptiveness. When he first came to Milan his aggressive press and high octane transitions were still newish to serie a. And Milan still remains a team great in transition, it’s why we beat Napoli multiple times last season as an example. Take away the scudetto and CL semi run, early on we were breaking records for consecutive games with multiple goals scored, with really not a very good team.

Now teams are used to Pioli’s Milan and we are far more limited. Kinda like the sophomore slump issue. If he was a better manager he would have kept the principles that made him successful but found new ways to implement them. He isn’t that level. But yeah, the idea that he took a backseat in our recent success is just a dumbass opinion lol. Keep in mind too that sports success has been shown to be heavily related to salary level of a team(not really transfer spending). Milan has overachieved for years in that sense, even Roma spends more there. When he leaves with a title, a good CL showing, and continued top 4 qualification, he should and will be remembered fondly. I’ve seen managers with much better reputations have far worse failures of a season than Pioli has ever had here. It’s ok to want him gone and acknowledge he hit his ceiling long ago, but still recognize what he did.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The unknown refree said

«The manhunt has started within the national Referees Commission, there is a tangible state of agitation, many have suspicions and everyone formulates their own hypotheses about who the mole is. The day after the service, Rocchi called a meeting with all the members of the National Referees Commission for 7 pm, there were approximately 160 of us, all connected via zoom. He seemed exhausted by the service broadcast, yet another attack made on the referees from the outside. He invited us not to get emotionally involved, and to go onto the field putting on our attributes and demonstrating our value. For the rest he says it's just a setup, a media thing to attack him and the referees.»

The referee has no intention of apologizing, "because there have been many situations that unfortunately are not brought to light." However, he will not expose himself, because «I know what I would face: radiation. Having spoken anonymously is already a lot, to try to highlight the problems we have within this environment. Everyone is very clear that if I had put my mind to it, I would have already finished my career in Serie A.»

The man hopes that VAR errors will decrease, «also because the evening before the Iene service there was the Inter-Napoli Italian Super Cup final, and among various episodes there was an expulsion due to a double yellow card of the Napoli player, Simeone. The first yellow concerning him was clearly a mistake, as the foul by the Napoli player was a simple foul, which instead the referee decided to sanction with a yellow card, in my opinion unjustified given the type of action and intervention not at all dangerous. The yellow was completely out of place.»

Schedule