The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
a couple of years ago we were happy to get into EL and you people demand scudetto now?
How many years under proper ownership have inter had? we are several years behind them
Its disappointing to be so close to the summit and falling just short because ownership won't free up 15-20m
at the very least invest in a new fitness/medical department

To their credit they spent 50m+ over the summer (most of which was retaining players)...hopefully with CL and few loan obligations Milan can make serious improvements over the summer

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
It's just 5th game after the break and he's already burned out? Maybe you've got the answer here
so let's just say it's because he's not training properly
Players in EPL or even in the lower league team who doesn't care much about strategy and just do battle of the physic running a lot more than Leao, and somehow they come back fit for the next game. Heck, even Salad and Diaz who always running like crazy got better stamina than Leao.

That led many people questioned about "his approach as a professional athlete (maybe instead of improving he's stamina, he use his spare time to train his mouth to recited words rapidly and rhythmically?*rap, courtesy of oxford languages)"
*a well known conspiracy theory started by Tiago Fernandes, Christophe Galtier, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Some ppl just don't like him.
When Tonali played like a shit last season, people quick to dismissed him and want him out of the team ASAP, but when he's transformed into a beast mode, they don't hesitate to praise and happily admit about their mistake.

People used to despise Kessie, and begin worshipped him when he elected as a president, but now they turn on him again because the drama he created himself.

People's opinion changed based from what they see. I'm 100% sure they'll happily taken back their words about Leao if they've proven wrong (me include). Just don't blame others for something you can't see.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be honest all our attacker get too much criticism at the moment.
Only when Dybala went off yesterday i remembered that he was on the pitch, that's how invisible a supposed star player was. Yet Leo lazy, Ibra mascot, Giroud stiff, Seale untalented yada yada yada

How many shots on target did they put yesterday? More or less than 1?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao getting criticism for... suspect things annoys me. I'm a huge Leao fan. Huge.

But Salah, Sane, run so much more than Leao, more defensive work, they don't get gassed. Look at Bayern with Leroy Sane, Gnabry, Coman, they put in shifts.

I also think Tonali runs out of gas. Theo and Toure don't, though. I think our training staff needs to improve, honestly.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao getting criticism for... suspect things annoys me. I'm a huge Leao fan. Huge.

But Salah, Sane, run so much more than Leao, more defensive work, they don't get gassed. Look at Bayern with Leroy Sane, Gnabry, Coman, they put in shifts.

I also think Tonali runs out of gas. Theo and Toure don't, though. I think our training staff needs to improve, honestly.

I want that so much more to happen than buying any RW or CAM we have been linked to in recent months. And a better San Siro pitch who doesn't hurt our players (not Inters magically tho).

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do agree Milan need to get a better PEDs supply

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't demand it. I am just pointing out that we are not even trying to win it. We are 1 proper player away from challenging for the trophies but we are not interested in buying him. It's not like merda are some juggernaut nowadays to say that we need a few more years or 200+ m for transfers to beat them. They are an above-average side that is currently winning trophies because they barely face any competition.
We are one player away? Which player?

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
As it seems, we are not interested in winning the league. All we care about is the financial Scudetto.
Scudetto is automatic when all of our rival crumbled because they can't pay their players and got relegated 😅

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do wonder why they haven't improved the fitness team. All other facets of the club are improving dramatically but fitness/medical remains an issue

Is the fitness staff super close to Pioli or something?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

And yet, for 7M, he could be a cool successor to Kessie I must admit.

I'll pass on the bundesfodder

you guys ever read about how poorly outgoing transfers from Bundesliga do in different leagues?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are one player away? Which player?
AM/RW depending on Pioli's wish. Imagine our attack if we actually create more than 1 situation per game centrally or from the right. Right now everything comes from our left flank and we are very predictable.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I do wonder why they haven't improved the fitness team. All other facets of the club are improving dramatically but fitness/medical remains an issue

Is the fitness staff super close to Pioli or something?
Pioli believe everyone, even if his fitness staff betraying his work

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Chill bro, no need to be so defensive. No one here is denying that Leao offensively is by far our most valuable asset. Okay, maybe Ronin. But that's it I guess.

Critisizing certain aspects of his game doesn't mean having an agenda against Leao. But it's now the third respectable voice with actual insights in what Leaos training methods and mindsets are (were) speaking about (former) issues with his attitude. Even Leao himself admitted in an interview given to GdS two days ago that he had problems and changed a lot last summer. You can stop now pretending we're all pushing an agenda. We all know his worth. The progresses made mentally. It's visible because the Leao seen this year runs so much more than last year. That's definitely a positive.

But why can't he still last an entire game? Why does it still seem like he sometimes just checkes out for several minutes? An entire half? I don't know if it's just him having a hard time staying mentally focused, if it's a problem with his stamina making him physically and psychologically tired, something completely else or all together. Are you now going to lable me a Leao hater because I - god forbid - am giving those thoughts a voice?
You are one of the most reasonable and balanced posters. When I open fire on the idiot brigade, you will always be unharmed.

My only criticism of you is that you are far too gentle with management....but then again ppl can say I am too harsh

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AM/RW depending on Pioli's wish. Imagine our attack if we actually create more than 1 situation per game centrally or from the right. Right now everything comes from our left flank and we are very predictable.
I disagree with you. I want a CAM and a RW, but I disagree with your idea that we don't create from the center and right.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CB would be a late career move for Kalulu. Even Marquinho and Alaba only grew into the roles later on. For the near future he should be considered primarily as a right back. Once he can get beefy like Alaba and Ake he can move more central.

Its about balance. Everything is built from the back and having a make shift defense every other game throws off our balance. Kjaer had leadership, experience, presence in the air, and good ball distribution. Having him on the right and Tomori on the left also unlocked our full backs. We cant do that with Romagnoli(pace) or Kalulu/Gabbia(experience) without leaving a gap in our rear.
Alaba´s very first games were actually as a left winger, but Alaba was always more looking towards playing in midfield, sometimes to his or his teams detrimental. Kalulu was brought up as a defender so I hope he should transition quicker.
I think we will see something like Tomori-Roma-Tonali soon again in the attacking phase, right now I think they intentionally play it a bit safer.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I'll pass on the bundesfodder

you guys ever read about how poorly outgoing transfers from Bundesliga do in different leagues?
But he played good in Euro too. I'm a fan of his YT highlight 🤣. Knowing Kessie would be leaving, 7M is surely an opportunity I'll never pass up. But RnB need no worry, because Maldini/Massara/Management knows better 😂

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
0c69aa0df52788e2022eec7c3f08dfe7.jpg

This was the last game we had a healthy backline. Even with Romagnoli this would still be the last game we had our whole backline.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
a couple of years ago we were happy to get into EL and you people demand scudetto now?
How many years under proper ownership have inter had? we are several years behind them
Ahead of schedule, behind schedule, right on schedule - when opportunities present themselves you should go for it (from a fans perspective)
On paper - we maybe ready to 'win titles' in a few years but we have no clue how other clubs may look in those seasons or what may happen to us at the same time.

Saelemaekers and Rebic also dont last 90 mins.

Its crazy to me the attacks on Leao for yesterday given how the rest of the attack performed. Yes he can improve, yes he should improve but this seems like lets pile on Leao because he didnt singlehandedly win the match yesterday. Early last season I gave up on him being able to run like a madman and also display a constant attacking threat. I said I would just judge him on his production. I still dont think he is scoring enough but this season its hard to criticise his effort or contribution given how the rest of the attacking unit has played or been available.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria has been an underrated absence

It was comforting having him back yesterday
What's more, he entered the pitch after such a long absence and seemed fit af. Definitely an anomality these days. But I'll gladly take it.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are one of the most reasonable and balanced posters. When I open fire on the idiot brigade, you will always be unharmed.

My only criticism of you is that you are far too gentle with management....but then again ppl can say I am too harsh

I'm actually trying to voice my criticism a bit more these days. I don't think everything is perfect or couldn't be improved, but I can understand how someone could get this idea of me considered how much time I spend here defending Pioli and the management.

Surely I made my peace with Elliotts modus operandi long time ago, I get their reasoning and why they are sticking so stubbornly to it. It's not what I wish from a fan perspective, but I get it and as long as I can see an upwards trajectory sportingwise, I can also accept it and defend the reasoning towards fans who don't like it. Especially when well knowing that Elliott doesn't see themself as a real club owner looking for trophies to brag with.

They are a hedge fund after all. A hedge fund. They take over marode companies like ours, do the basics to restore them, and sell to the highest bider, wishing them all the best like with a freshly restored oldtimer sold to a nostalgic and hopefully overly rich car lover. Since Elliott has taken over they've done a tremendous job restoring that oldtimer AC Milan is. However they don't care if we could have a shot at Scudetto now as they don't see themself being here in three, four or five years. So why pushing the budget und cutting the profit? From our POV, this is extremly frustrating and I get it. But from their POV, it makes perfectly sense.

But again, all that being said, I strongly believe in the foundations laid by the current management. I have no doubts that it is even that strong that it can challenge for Scudetto in the next one, two seasons, planed or not :D.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saelemaekers and Rebic also dont last 90 mins.

Its crazy to me the attacks on Leao for yesterday given how the rest of the attack performed. Yes he can improve, yes he should improve but this seems like lets pile on Leao because he didnt singlehandedly win the match yesterday. Early last season I gave up on him being able to run like a madman and also display a constant attacking threat. I said I would just judge him on his production. I still dont think he is scoring enough but this season its hard to criticise his effort or contribution given how the rest of the attacking unit has played or been available.
Very few players seem to have the fuel tank to run like they should. Theo, Kessie are the only two who seem to be blessed with that sort of natural inclination.

Salah and Sane might just be freaks who Liverpool sought out for their insane stamina, but Bayern seem to transform players like Leroy Sane and Gnabry into true top class players, they had the skill, but the physical side of the game is clearly a huge emphasis.

Hell, Atalanta have their entire team pressing. Muriel, a player who can actually be called lazy and unfit prior to going to Atalanta, has become a far harder worker than he was before.

Some people say that players at Atalanta work harder because it is a smaller club. Bayern is a huge club and their players work hard. Players at Atalanta are subject to less pressure, thats the key to Gasp's success.

Conte, to his credit, has been able to push players to new levels. I think Pioli has that, but while Conte does it on the physical level, Pioli does it in terms of the technical. Pioli does not have the athletic training side of things, which is clear with his injury record here and the fact players can't play the tempo he wants, while it is possible in other teams.

Pioli needs to improve this side to his staff in the summer. It is what is holding him back. He is tactically sophisticated, daring, is a great man manager, but he isn't giving the players the engine to press. Whether that is due to injuries forcing players to play more or whether its athletic training methods aren't up to par, either way, he needs to find solutions. If he does, I think we breeze past Inter.

Napoli and Milan were much better than Inter when they were at full health. Inter is and Milan and Napoli aren't. That's been the difference this year, otherwise, I think Inter is 3rd place, and a distant one at that.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do think Elliot want the Scudetto in the long run, because it will be good for revenue, both directly and especially indirectly trough CL perks. However they won't change their plans to a short term goal now and that's a good thing as this short term thinking can easily ruin a project. We have a largely young squad, not a squad that has to push for titles in a now or never way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule