Dida Thread

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
As you can see, no huge damage done. A lil burn stain .. big deal. That's what you get when parading around mindlessly inmidst some fireworks...

As for his latest injury, he will be back for the CL match. So I've just read... somewhere.
Would be awesome. I really don't want to see Kalac against Man Utd. And it doesn't seem Carlo would start Storari

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
Would be awesome. I really don't want to see Kalac against Man Utd. And it doesn't seem Carlo would start Storari
A search on Google News in English and Italian turned up nothing about his diagnosis or whether or not he'll be playing, and still no mention on acmilan.com. I'm not sure about the "somewhere" she's talking about.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
A search on Google News in English and Italian turned up nothing about his diagnosis or whether or not he'll be playing, and still no mention on acmilan.com. I'm not sure about the "somewhere" she's talking about.
from acmilan.com

FOCUSED TRAINING

MILANELLO - Milan were back to work this morning, preparing for the game against Cagliari on Saturday. Today's session started at 11am CET and lasted until 12.15pm CET. Marcos Cafu and Ricardo Oliveira stayed on a bit longer to run laps and work in the sandpit.

The side started training with 20 minutes of warm-ups and then focused on specific work. The keepers worked apart, except for Nelson Dida. He was in the gym and rode a bicycle.

Paolo Maldini and Leandro Grimi ran uphill laps. Giuseppe Favalli, Alessandro Costacurta, Dario Simic and Yoann Gourcuff underwent physical tests for Milan Lab. Kakha Kaladze and Brocchi focused on technical work. Marco Borriello and Ricardo Oliviera took shots on goal. Pippo Inzaghi and Serginho worked in the gym.

The players that started last night against Ascoli started the session with warm-ups and running uphill, before moving into the gym to work. Milan will be back training tomorrow afternoon after Coach Ancelotti's 2pm CET pre-game press conference for Milan-Cagliari.

Doesn't sound too good, but not too bad either. I really hope he's ready. We need him!

panov

Primavera
Reaction score
I hope he recovers in time for Manchester United although Kalac had some good matches this year,but I truly hope that whoever is between the posts wont have to much job

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Rosanna03 said:
I agree, what was the point?
It brought tears to my eyes to see these pics again. :mad:
Damn it :rolleyes:

makes you sad?
this reminded me of the good days when we could actually BEAT inter so convincingly that their fans had to resort of such outbursts of frustration...

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
teis said:
Paolo Maldini and Leandro Grimi ran uphill laps.
Lets hope Maldini has taken the kid under his wing and will teach him everything he knows about being the best dam left back in the world!

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
i just read dida has recovered and will play tonight..

he will keep the clean sheet :star:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
This is laughable i swear :) Leave Dida alone and watch fuckin highlights over and over again.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
This is laughable i swear :) Leave Dida alone and watch fuckin highlights over and over again.
You can always point them to my sig. :)

Seriously, I don't know if he can even be blamed for the third goal (which I saw on ESPNews). Rooney had all the space in the world to shoot and it could've gone anywhere. If Dida covered the post and Rooney shot far left, he'd have caught hell for that too. So, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I like Dida a lot. He made some really good saves today and the first goal was not his fault...it happens. However, he was not positioned properly when it comes to the 3rd goal. Perhaps he would not have been able to stop it even if he had been, but the way he was standing and where he was standing...he had no chance of defending it. Nesta was right in front and there was no way for R. to shoot to the right, Nesta would have deflected the ball. Dida messed up on that one...

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have to be realistic here. Like u said even if Rooney took far left post he couldnt do nothing about it because shots like this one u save once in a blue moon. Its almost impossible to save that

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanFan05 said:
I like Dida a lot. He made some really good saves today and the first goal was not his fault...it happens. However, he was not positioned properly when it comes to the 3rd goal. Perhaps he would not have been able to stop it even if he had been, but the way he was standing and where he was standing...he had no chance of defending it. Nesta was right in front and there was no way for R. to shoot to the right, Nesta would have deflected the ball. Dida messed up on that one...

Hold on hold on. If he was right there why he didnt do anything about it? He couldnt because stupid Brochhi gave Rooney all space of the world, which class strikers like Ronney take with ease.

Reaction score
He couldn't stop him, but he was enough of an obstacle that Rooney could not shoot to the right side of the goal. If there are any defense players around, the goalie cannot leave as much of the closer end of the goal open as Dida did.

Medeea

Primavera
Reaction score
I forgot to mention Dida 's assist for the 2nd goal of Kaka. He spotted him very good.
100% brazilian goal ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
After a shaky start, Dida played well + made amends for any errors he might have made. Hope he is equally upto the task @ the San Siro where a clean sheet would just be a ticket to Athens.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ancelotti defends Dida

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has defended Dida after the Brazilian goalkeeper came under fire for his performance in the Champions League defeat against Manchester United.

Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport rated the Brazilian as the worst player in Milan's line-up following their 3-2 loss at Old Trafford.

However, Ancelotti has come out in support of his first-choice goalkeeper. 'Dida made some great saves,' he said. 'The first goal wasn't an easy save because Cristiano Ronaldo was in front of him. 'Perhaps he should have covered the near post in Manchester's third goal.'

Dida received a mark of 4.5 out of 10 by Gazzetta and was considered the main reason why the Rossoneri lost their semi-final first leg. 'He was uncertain from start to finish. He opened the way to Manchester's first goal and made it easier for the Red Devils to score the third of the evening,' read Gazzetta's evaluation of Dida.

The 33-year-old has been inconsistent in the past two seasons but the club are still hoping he can rediscover the form which earned him the best goalkeeper award in the 2003-04 Serie A campaign.

Dida, who last month signed a contract extension with the Rossoneri until 2010, only returned to play on Tuesday after two weeks on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. (ESPN.com)

I'm so sick of this shit that keeps getting regurgitated over and over again. I looked up some other Milan players on Google News and found no further articles like this, not even on Gila. And why can't Carlo learn to keep his mouth shut for once? Jesus, this is not a defense; it's virtually public humiliation. He always manages to play Monday morning quarterback ("Perhaps he should've done this better...") How in the f*** was he the worst player on the pitch last night? Like the other 10 players were perfect, and did it ever occur to them that he just came off an injury? Why does he have to take the stick when we lose a game like that? No wonder he doesn't give interviews (other than to Milan Channel) anymore. He could say the sky was blue and they'd print that he said it was red.

Last edited:

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
BMWTaylor said:
Ancelotti defends Dida

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has defended Dida after the Brazilian goalkeeper came under fire for his performance in the Champions League defeat against Manchester United.

Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport rated the Brazilian as the worst player in Milan's line-up following their 3-2 loss at Old Trafford.

However, Ancelotti has come out in support of his first-choice goalkeeper. 'Dida made some great saves,' he said. 'The first goal wasn't an easy save because Cristiano Ronaldo was in front of him. 'Perhaps he should have covered the near post in Manchester's third goal.'

Dida received a mark of 4.5 out of 10 by Gazzetta and was considered the main reason why the Rossoneri lost their semi-final first leg. 'He was uncertain from start to finish. He opened the way to Manchester's first goal and made it easier for the Red Devils to score the third of the evening,' read Gazzetta's evaluation of Dida.

The 33-year-old has been inconsistent in the past two seasons but the club are still hoping he can rediscover the form which earned him the best goalkeeper award in the 2003-04 Serie A campaign.

Dida, who last month signed a contract extension with the Rossoneri until 2010, only returned to play on Tuesday after two weeks on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. (ESPN.com)

I'm so sick of this shit that keeps getting regurgitated over and over again. I looked up some other Milan players on Google News and found no further articles like this, not even on Gila. And why can't Carlo learn to keep his mouth shut for once? Jesus, this is not a defense; it's virtually public humiliation. He always manages to play Monday morning quarterback ("Perhaps he should've done this better...") How in the f*** was he the worst player on the pitch last night? Like the other 10 players were perfect, and did it ever occur to them that he just came off an injury? Why does he have to take the stick when we lose a game like that? No wonder he doesn't give interviews (other than to Milan Channel) anymore. He could say the sky was blue and they'd print that he said it was red.

The reason this 'shit' keeps getting regurgitated over and over again is because Dida keeps making mistakes over and over again. No more mistakes, no more regurgitation. It's a simple enough formula.

I mean, how many 'keepers have scored an own goal in the semi-final of the Champions League? He made some very good saves but THAT'S HIS JOB! And not on an intermittent basis like he's been doing for the last few years. He makes 3 good saves and 3 howlers - that's not good enough.

And why are you the only person in the planet who thinks it wasn't his fault for the goals? Because you're his biggest fan, fancy the ass off him and want to have his kids. Another simple enough conclusion to draw.

Dida has to go in the summer.

Maybe we should try Gilardino in goal and Dida up front.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Believe it or not, all five goals had been due to errors, two from Heinze and Co, and three for Dida. That did make for a wonderful game of football, though!
---Goal.com

Some people dont watch football at all, or i dont understand anything about the sport.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Ancelotti defends Dida

No worries :) It's just media...

Edit: Damn i just saw your sig after i wrote "It's just media" :D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
Ancelotti defends Dida

Just shows how pathetic the italian media is.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, I was feeling rather Jekyll/Hyde-ish this morning when I did that post.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italian Paper Put Buffon At AC Milan
Embryonic reports in Italy are pointing towards a mooted move for Italy and Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon. The rumoured deal will include some two-way traffic as Christian Abbiati may well go the opposite way…

Italy’s Il Corriere dello Sport (The Sports Courier) claims that Buffon has apparently agreed to turn down any offer from Inter, but would warm to an offer from Milanello, the info following on the heels of Moggi statements that Buffon would go to Milan.

AC Milan are keen to have a back-up for a Dida who’s annoyed the Rossoneri faithful who are clamouring for a national rather than a hiccupping import.

Figures quoted suggest that Juventus would let the player go for $30 million plus the services of Christian Abbiati on loan at Torino and not exactly over the moon at having swapped a silverware-chasing team for a relegation-dodging outfit.

Alessio Secco, the Juve sporting director, has repeated the familiar mantra ‘Buffon-is-not-for-sale- Buffon-is-not-for-sale- Buffon-is-not-for-sale’, but stopped short of crossing his heart with a definitive promise.

A cut-price alternative for the Bianconeri could well be Celtic goalie Artur Boruc. The Polish sticks man is under contract to the Bhoys until 2009 but caught the eye of many a cklub with solid CL performances this season.
-------------------------------------------

only goal.com, but hey i woudlnt mind it too much.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
or have an exaggerated sense of the danger our goal was in:|

Beach_Babe

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Gila, Buffon, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Nesta And Everyone who plays at Milan
ROME, April 27 (Reuters) - An angry AC Milan fan put Brazil goalkeeper Dida up for sale on the internet ahead of next week's Champions League semi-final return with Manchester United.

The 33-year-old, who joined Milan in 2000, was a hero after the shootout win over Juventus in the 2003 Champions League final but his popularity has slumped after a series of errors.

He was criticised following last week's 3-2 first-leg defeat to United at Old Trafford, when he flapped a Cristiano Ronaldo header into his own net and then left his near post exposed for Wayne Rooney to blast home a stoppage-time winner.

Dida failed to attract great interest on eBay. The price, before the Brazilian international was removed from the auction site on Friday, had reached 71 euros ($96.66) after 25 bids.

:D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
^^ LMAO omg..bwahahahaha
i dont know what bastards are on about...i think he did a great job in that game :o

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

Schedule