try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
very impressive the only real negative was Suazo scoring

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forza Leo !!! We r playing great football. Great team work. Pato, Dorf should get fit soon and Rino out of starting line up.

Becks = champion :D. Good addition. Hopefully Adiyiah will be a steal and can replace Pato/Dinho effectively. Galliani should atleast get us a good full back ffs.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Agreed, but it's stupid to eat goals due to slacking, they were just short passing in front of Dida and let Suazo rob the ball like a bunch of noobs, I hate such present goals, it's not serious.

I know, it was silly and for that I also decided to take a 0.5 away from Nesta's performance. But it was still a nice 5-2 performance, too much overreacting over that one IMO.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
fullbacks are needed and a cover for one of the cbs

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
:star:MILAN:star:

My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro My Amour Milano ti adoro

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I know, it was silly and for that I also decided to take a 0.5 away from Nesta's performance. But it was still a nice 5-2 performance, too much overreacting over that one IMO.
i differ nobody overreacted cause it was sandro if that blunder was done by any lesser player
*Dida* everybody would have nailed him , rightly so ;)

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
wow,this is just too much for me.
unbelievebale!!!!

Ambro is the King!!!
Gattuso-so fat:D
we are rolling,guys!!!!:cool:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
highlights? anyone? missed all the good parts due to class

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
what formation was ??????

4-2-3-1 ??

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
i differ nobody overreacted cause it was sandro if that blunder was done by any lesser player
*Dida* everybody would have nailed him , rightly so ;)

this is a valid point.

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
well, Nesta looked unusually nervous all match when facing Suazo - it's like he was facing some ghost from the past or something. He really should have gotten a yellow card for some badly timed tackles on him. But there was really great help to the CB's from midfield and that was the thing missing in the match v Palermo.
TS was fantastic :star:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
my dick is crying :proud:

@mad, pussai!! :D :D
Pussai for Marco tonight then ... on the house ... Berlu's house :D
it didn't look like dinho wanted to give it to hunt tho
It looked more like "wanting Becks to take it" ... than "not wanting Hunt to". Either way, nice PK for Hunt. I was a bit nervous for him ... glad he dispatched it well.

Also, nice show of authority by Ambro in coming in and giving Hunter the ball. He can be this confident - something tremendously important for a captain - because he's been excellent this season. MOTM for me without a doubt. He just needed a little battery charge ... he and Pirlo were overworked before the break.

On another note, good work by Leo. I hope he continues to field strong-ish midfields. Tonight, Genoa didn't stand a chance because our midfield harassed theirs. Defense had less to deal with, we had more of the ball and looked MUCH MORE BALANCED.

Of course we weren't as sharp as we can be in attack, and we lacked pace, but imagine a similarly solid central midfield working for Pato. Thats something I want to see badly!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I missed the damn game and had it on tv :mad:

5-2???AWESOME ,are there any highlights posted yet??????????????????????????????????

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I missed the damn game and had it on tv :mad:

5-2???AWESOME ,are there any highlights posted yet??????????????????????????????????

You missed an orgasmic goal by Borri (kind of offside, but we let it pass cause it was the sex).

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You missed an orgasmic goal by Borri (kind of offside, but we let it pass cause it was the sex).

Damn i need to see that now!Has the red bot posted after each goal ?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Gazzetta dello Jasper ratings:

Milan - 7.5 - Wolves against sheep. Really nice collective work. Flipside is yet another game without a cleen sheet but fuck it.

Leonardo - 8 - I don't have the pleasure of seeing '82 Brazil but when wins like this come I get a high. HIGH. I know few decisions and bad execution might end up like against Palermo but today I just awed what he has done to our passing game. 3 nice subs as well. Though I would have kept Ambro vecause of the yellow.

Dida - 6 - nothing good; nothing bad.

Antonini - 7 - with a minus. He's still a liability in defense but what magnificient runs.
Nesta - 5 - at first it seemed he only got involved since he was feeling cold but in the end he went really cold.
Thiago Silva - 7 - mostly because of the goal. The better one of our CD's in every way.
Becks & Abate - 5 - their flank was dead. And what kind of marking, Abate, during the goal? Becks played almost all the time with his back for the goal and even Gattuso made more runs than him.

Pirlo - 5.5 - nothing special but as he went off it was clear what he does in our play and that is taking pressure off defenders who are not the best passers in the game. Still expect more - below par.
Gattuso - 6 - some runs, some passes. It's a different game of counterattacks when he's around *sigh*Miccoli*sigh* But nothing too special(could have used that goal)
Ambrosini - 7 - everywhere. The yellow was bad and I wanted him to score a goal but maybe against Juve(if he has to miss with cards then lower .5). He played down Ronnie's suggestion that Becks will take the third penalty and gave it to Hunter. And then was the first one to congatulate. Capten Champion. :star:
Ronaldinho 5/7 - well difficult to say. He had moments and had antimoments. In the end it went well and 6.5 actually sounds pretty much what I think of him. As said I'm guessing what he could have done if the right flank would have supported more. He always had 2-3 too many men on his back. And he's defending. He really is a vital part in our defending game. I write that one to Leonardo as well.

:star:
fap3.gif
Borriello - 7.5
fap3.gif
:star: - 2 goals is usually an 8 but one was offside. Though if you score like this You are allowed to do it from offside :tongue: Celebration was ace as well.

Hunter - 6 - a six with a positive note. Got on the scoresheet and was involved. Nice to see.
Flamini & Jankulovski- n/a - I really don't know what to give them :(

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I agree with pretty much all of that Jasper :star:

I think I would give MOM to Ambro though :D

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Dida-6
Abate-6
Nesta-6
Silva-7
Antonini-6.5
Pirlo-6
Gattuso-5.5
Ambrosini-7.5
Beckham-6.5
Ronaldinho-6.5
Boriello-7

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
It hit me today that Ronaldinho is basically the same as he was a few years ago, minus the pace.

His pass for one of the goals was brilliant.

Borriello's goal was great :star: Offside but who cares. Goals like that deserve a bit of luck.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Leonardo: Beckham does it all

Leonardo confirms “attack is the best form of defence” for Milan and thanked the versatile David Beckham.

“David trained more or less everywhere this week, as we had some little injuries to Alexandre Pato, Clarence Seedorf and Andrea Pirlo recently, so he tried every role. He is ready for anything, has enormous tactical intelligence and quality.

“Pirlo's position is only one element, as I need to give him freedom for his tactical intelligence to find the space in each situation. I don't like setting these specific positions for players, it limits their options and takes something away from their capabilities.”

Beckham started out in place of Pato on the right side of an attacking trident, then moved behind the strikers in Pirlo's position and occasionally helped out the midfield too.

“Everything was great, from Ronaldinho missing a penalty and then scoring another, to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar coming on and scoring with a spot-kick and Marco Borriello getting two fantastic goals. I could be here all night listing the positives!

“Tonight aside from the performance and five goals, I thought the most important thing was the strong start. It wasn't easy to get back on track after missing a penalty and conceding a goal at the first chance, so this was a key psychological response.”

Milan's 5-2 thrashing of Genoa has put them right back in the thick of the Scudetto race and yet another new system from Leonardo: the 4-2-1-3.

“I don't like this debate over balance and tactics, as I prefer to see how everyone works together and what they can put into it,” insisted the Coach.

“You don't find a balance and then stick with it forever, as there are so many variables that next week it could go wrong. You need alternatives, you need options ready at your disposal and to keep a close eye on every element to pick the right approach.

“Attack is the best form of defence for us. We seem balanced when we are able to hurt our opponents.”

Leonardo received a standing ovation from San Siro, but insisted the adulation is not what drives him.

“My job is to make sure the players are in the condition to give their best. I am not interested in taking centre-stage or declaring it my winning project. The rest is of very little interest to me.”

Milan go head-to-head with Juventus on Sunday night in Turin, though Pato remains a doubt.

“It's not a serious injury for Pato, but with muscular problems we always need to be careful.”
football italia

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Leonardo received a standing ovation from San Siro, but insisted the adulation is not what drives him.

“My job is to make sure the players are in the condition to give their best. I am not interested in taking centre-stage or declaring it my winning project. The rest is of very little interest to me.”

Forza Leo! :star:

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Good game Milan. Leonardo played his cards right I guess.

Im hoping we can continue this form for Juve, Inter and Man U. If we play like this against those teams, who knows where we can go.

I love watching this Milan football, its entertaining.

Schedule