Christian Abbiati Thread

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I want the photo when our players were hugging at last.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Absolutely spectacular performance today from Abbiati!!! MOTM in my opinion, absolutely. Saved our asses a lot today, grande Abbiati! :D

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
thank you very much for your world class performance tonight abbi :D

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
He did a great game again. Hats off for Abbiati today.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I want an Abbiati compilation, to many sick saves + awesome celebrations during matches this season :D

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
great season for Abs, finally we have a consistent keeper between the sticks and it is of great benefit to the team. He'll never be in top 10 GK's in the world, but he is good enough to give stability to the team.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
great season for Abs, finally we have a consistent keeper between the sticks and it is of great benefit to the team. He'll never be in top 10 GK's in the world, but he is good enough to give stability to the team.
Top 10? I don`t really see 10 gks better than him around. There are many of those who are just hyped or young + decent so people claim they`re the next big thing.

He should be Italy`s number 1.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Contract till he retires please! Done so damm well since he returned home to Milan.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
IF pandrelli doesnt make this guy number one in italy then there is something wrong, this guy when confident is one of the best if not the best in the league

I am happy to see him perform at the top level thank you dida for leaving milan

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva
IF pandrelli doesnt make this guy number one in italy then there is something wrong, this guy when confident is one of the best if not the best in the league

I am happy to see him perform at the top level thank you dida for leaving milan

Abbiati didnt want to play for NT anymore since like 2008...because Buffon is a guaranteed starter when he is fit and Abbiati doesnt wanna travel just to be benched.

But Dida did help us win 2 CLs...Abbiati is great and deserves to be a starter, but I'll take Dida 2002-05 anytime over Abbiati.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Abbiati didnt want to play for NT anymore since like 2008...because Buffon is a guaranteed starter when he is fit and Abbiati doesnt wanna travel just to be benched.

But Dida did help us win 2 CLs...Abbiati is great and deserves to be a starter, but I'll take Dida 2002-05 anytime over Abbiati.

whats this? customization of life :o you will only get 2005-2009 dida take that :o
Every tom dick and harry know dida was the top goal keeper in the world he was on par with buffon I am talking about his shit days not when he ruled the europe

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
whats this? customization of life :o you will only get 2005-2009 dida take that :o
Every tom dick and harry know dida was the top goal keeper in the world he was on par with buffon I am talking about his shit days not when he ruled the europe

Nah, it just seems that from your post "I am happy to see him perform at the top level thank you dida for leaving milan", it meant Abbiati was undeservedly benched in favor of Dida all these times (you know, when Abbiati was actually in his 20s).

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah, it just seems that from your post "I am happy to see him perform at the top level thank you dida for leaving milan", it meant Abbiati was undeservedly benched in favor of Dida all these times (you know, when Abbiati was actually in his 20s).

my bad

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ehh, of course its Abbiati time now but I just feel that Dida doesnt get nearly half the credit that he deserves for our mid 00s successes. Like in another thread about Milans Greatest XI many people didnt have a clue who should be the GK.

They acted like Dida 2002-05 never existed, or that Dida was as consistent as Lukasz Fabianski those days. :fp:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
A BIG SEASON

In an interview with Milan Channel today, Christian Abbiati talked about his form and how his teammates and Milan as a group have fared this season.

Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati had the following to say to Milan Channel:

"It's good to know that people still remember my save against Perugia in 1999, because it was definitely more important than the one I made at Brescia, because it came in the last round, in the last minutes of the game. Definitely, it had special importance, also because it was my first year in Serie A with Milan. My save on Saturday was big, but I think the one in Perugia was far more difficult than the one on Diamanti.

I don’t know if this is the best season of my career, because in 2008 I had a great year until an injury forced me out. Definitely, this is a big season for us, because the team is doing well and our final objective is so close we can almost touch it. These results help the goalkeeper as well as the whole team.
It’s a just a bad coincidence that with Marco [Amelia] between the posts the team has won only once. Marco is a great goalkeeper, he’s always played at high levels and it’s normal that when someone plays less he has a bit of a difficulty getting back his match fitness.

I feel like saying that this year I've been just my job, what I’m supposed to do and what the boss and the club expect me to do. In any case, let’s not forget that the championship is not over yet and it would be very important to win on Sunday.

I didn’t know Van Bommel before. I must say he was a pleasant surprise: he’s a great player, a real winner and also a good person. I’m glad to play with him.

Probably, the contribution of those who have played off the bench and had limited playing time, allowed us to reach the top of the standings. Everyone who's been given the chance this season has done his part in Milan’s success.

The Rossoneri supporters have always been close to the team, even in the most difficult moments, so there’s no need that I call on them to come to cheer us on.”

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/133606

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
This is very evident that w/o Abbiati we wouldn't have gone through so well this season (though it is not over yet). To me he is important as much as TS or Pato. Since the start of the season every match he pulled crazy world class save(s). In my eyes he is so fucking underrated GK in Europe :(

kriegpaolo_23

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What exactly is the "Bella Zio 32" thing that Abbiati wore? A fascist group?

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Well done Abi. Been huge for us this season

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is the best goalkeeper in Italy this season ! For sure! Forza Abiati ! Thanks for this wonderful season!

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
Incredible tonight. Some saves where I thought it was a guaranteed goal.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Abbiati Avatar! :star: Had promised myself to change should we win! :proud:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
was just supreme tonight. like i said before, it's not one or two people who win us things. it's the entire squad. Many thanks for Abbiati producing splendid saves tonight. he rly came with his game face on.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
nice abbati compilation

he deserves to be no 1 in the azzuri

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
OMG I want to write in all players thread and say how much I love them and their efforts they have put in for the team (still except for Bonera:o). GOOOOOOOOOOOO MILAN!!! TRIPLE NEXT YEAR!

OBS!: ABBIATI WAS KING TONIGHT! That is why I chose to write it in this thread.
Man of the match:star:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Abbiati is def. the best Italian goalkeeper atm, crucial saves all season long, also today, he's a champion :star::star:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Abbiati What a Legend Best keeper in Serie A!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Played a huge role in our success to clinch the Scudetto today! Great work Abbiati, keep it up!! :star::star::star::star::star:

Schedule