Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

clap.gif

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
"Hey CH3L5EA Whats the Mata, Did you Cech the scoreline, Because you look Terryfived"

:lol::lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what was the BentdnerBet?

Well, I rate his talent as a CF, something Wenger didnt see :o

Anyways, Necro bet with me that he wont score 10 or more goals this season.

Hes on 2 for the season, still a good chunk of games left but overall Sunderland is shit so I dont expect it. I still think somewhere between 6 to 8 is achievable for him and of course I hope for more :lol:

The wager is the the usual sig + avatar.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I think he might get 10. I think he's got some talent at CF too, shame Wenger shoved him out wide when they needed a goal etc...

Also, his finishing is laughably inconsistent, goes from scoring screamers to missing sitters in a matter of minutes

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he might get 10. I think he's got some talent at CF too, shame Wenger shoved him out wide when they needed a goal etc...

Also, his finishing is laughably inconsistent, goes from scoring screamers to missing sitters in a matter of minutes

Very disappointed that Wenger didn't utilize him properly.

Bruce did well with him at Brum, was hoping he'd capture the same form he did then but Sunderland on the whole have been pretty poor.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

This is something I hadn't understood in recent years. A forward gets off as a 'talented CF' if he can hold off defenders, even if he can't finish for nuts. Bullshit IMO. Granted, you can play that way - but so amazingly boring.

Thankfully, I think its changing in the last couple of years. Guys like Bendtner, Iaquinta etc. wont have a future. Gotta partly thank Barcelona for that. Every team is looking to play the ball now, and that's getting rid of the beanpole CF who nudges and pokes.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
Definition of FW/CF/ST : The Player who is the closest to opponent goal

most people think FW/CF/ST mainly focus is to score goals but the truth is if the FW/CF/ST can hold the ball for more than 5s, the second striker or midfielders or fullbacks could move 2-8 meter more foward...... so it will increase the percentage of possession in opponent half

it's not only for big man fw with good physical ability, it's also for flamboyant fw, excluding poacher like inzaghi, pazzini and chicarito....since they are useless to hold the ball for more than 5s

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OptaJoe:

2.97 - The current PL goals/game rate, the highest in the top-flight since 3.03 in 1967-68, the last time Man City were champions. Repeat?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Definition of FW/CF/ST : The Player who is the closest to opponent goal

most people think FW/CF/ST mainly focus is to score goals but the truth is if the FW/CF/ST can hold the ball for more than 5s, the second striker or midfielders or fullbacks could move 2-8 meter more foward...... so it will increase the percentage of possession in opponent half

it's not only for big man fw with good physical ability, it's also for flamboyant fw, excluding poacher like inzaghi, pazzini and chicarito....since they are useless to hold the ball for more than 5s

First of all, a Striker is different from a Forward. A striker strikes, ie scores.

Now, of course a forward can be of many varieties, the striking kind, the holding kind, the space-creating nippy kind and so on. Basic stuff.

The point was that the CF who holds the ball and pushes off defenders, waiting for others to come and score - that kinda player was the fashion in the very recent past (say, 2006-2009), but not anymore. Not since Barca's dominance started - right now, clubs seem to be trying to move to more movement-based, ball-playing players all over the pitch. Which is more to my taste.

Hate holding the ball CFs. Most boring type of footballers.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
First of all, a Striker is different from a Forward. A striker strikes, ie scores.

Now, of course a forward can be of many varieties, the striking kind, the holding kind, the space-creating nippy kind and so on. Basic stuff.

The point was that the CF who holds the ball and pushes off defenders, waiting for others to come and score - that kinda player was the fashion in the very recent past (say, 2006-2009), but not anymore. Not since Barca's dominance started - right now, clubs seem to be trying to move to more movement-based, ball-playing players all over the pitch. Which is more to my taste.

Hate holding the ball CFs. Most boring type of footballers.

u do realize that dribbler like messi doin dribbling = holding the ball => give teammates chance to move more foward.....the difference now the space beetween players are more narrow since the decreasing of long ball passing

basically now more team doing a la sacchi' milan dream team, pressing more, more offside trap, more chancing position between midfielders, more foward run from midfielders a la second striker

the best is the team which has the best of technical + stamina to press for 90 minutes....which is barca

cuz they just want to play football alone, they tend to not let the opponent have the ball

epl fans think that BPL style always running and tackling like maniac is the same

they think manc unt has the same class as barca which is not

only city has the capacity to play like that

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
u do realize that dribbler like messi doin dribbling = holding the ball => give teammates chance to move more foward.....the difference now the space beetween players are more narrow since the decreasing of long ball passing

basically now more team doing a la sacchi' milan dream team, pressing more, more offside trap, more chancing position between midfielders, more foward run from midfielders a la second striker

the best is the team which has the best of technical + stamina to press for 90 minutes....which is barca

cuz they just want to play football alone, they tend to not let the opponent have the ball

epl fans think that BPL style always running and tackling like maniac is the same

they think manc unt has the same class as barca which is not

only city has the capacity to play like that

I didnt understand the relevance of your last bit, but as to the first paragraph, yes of course - I wasnt talking about dribblers or people who pause with the ball. I was talking about pure ball-holders, who do nothing but hold the ball and use their strength to push the defenders away. Those guys are boring. Hope it's clear now.

There is no 'best' team. To each, its style. And to each fan, his preference.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Mancini shows again what a noob of a man manager he is.:fp:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
though you liked zlatan? Granted he's more of a treuqartista wannabe stuck in the body of a 195cm CF

Yes, I love Zlatan. What does he have to do with CFs who can only hold the ball up for others and do naught but that?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
So where are all the scathing haters of chelsea under Carlo? Oh that's right.... the squad is massively overrated and has been for 2 years. But hey that'd mean their decline wasn't carlo's fault.

Malouda, Bosingwa, Mikel and to a degree lampard, terry, torres, Ramires all living off name, not actual play

I really like AVB, but that squad needs some changes

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So where are all the scathing haters of chelsea under Carlo? Oh that's right.... the squad is massively overrated and has been for 2 years. But hey that'd mean their decline wasn't carlo's fault.

Malouda, Bosingwa, Mikel and to a degree lampard, terry, torres, Ramires all living off name, not actual play

I really like AVB, but that squad needs some changes

I wouldn't put Lampard in there, he's what now, 34? And he's still putting in some world class performances. Malouda's getting on too. As for Mikel and Ramires, I've never really rated either of them.

I just hope Abramovich doesn't get impatient and get rid of him any time in the next 2 years. Don't think that'll happen though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I wouldn't put Lampard in there, he's what now, 34? And he's still putting in some world class performances. Malouda's getting on too. As for Mikel and Ramires, I've never really rated either of them.

I just hope Abramovich doesn't get impatient and get rid of him any time in the next 2 years. Don't think that'll happen though.

Malouda has been pretty poor for well over a year. God his backpass to RVP was just.... really?

I might be in minority but while Terry has been generally overrated for 5 years now, he's still playing better than Frank who has really been enigmatic for a bit. Still useful though...

I still feel they ar a massively overpaid squad, living off names mostly. Very milan

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Malouda has been pretty poor for well over a year. God his backpass to RVP was just.... really?

I might be in minority but while Terry has been generally overrated for 5 years now, he's still playing better than Frank who has really been enigmatic for a bit. Still useful though...

I still feel they ar a massively overpaid squad, living off names mostly. Very milan

Agreed about Malouda, Cole and Bosingwa had awful games against Arsenal too, which reminds me, Cole has to be replaced soon, he's got next season probably at the top before Chelsea need to replace him.

Terry is overrated, but he's also still a very good CB, just not at the top.

I don't want to criticise Lampard, he has been brilliant for Chelsea almost regardless of what he's asked, asked to play differently under a few different managers and done it at a very high level, he's just getting past it now.

It's all the other ones that are the problem, Sturridge hasn't been as good as they hoped, Ramires has been so average since they signed him, if he left Chelsea next summer he'd end up somwhere like Everton. Huge changes are needed there over the next season or so.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dead thread without MU fan :lol:

This is every goal Leeds have conceded since back up goalkeeper Paul Rachubka came in, formerly of Blackpool.

He literally couldn't try to be more pathetic. :lol:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Dead thread without MU fan :lol:

This is every goal Leeds have conceded since back up goalkeeper Paul Rachubka came in, formerly of Blackpool.

He literally couldn't try to be more pathetic. :lol:

Hahaha marvellous. Safe to say my mates (Hudds Town fans (OH DEAR)) have been loving this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule